Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Emmadale

VIP Member
PSX_20200808_091255.jpg

I posted about this before on a previous thread and a post she’d done while pregnant and she’s following it through now she’s had the baby. It’s so refreshing to see when so many others like the MOFO’s are just so grabby and would take anything on offer even bloody oven chips!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Dogmuck

VIP Member
At least they still have influencing power!

I kinda agree with the timing,waiting would have been better (anniversary of alicegate lol), but it makes sense. Strike whilst you have got a lot of publicity. I saw a part of her interview on BBC she did look like she was going to cry at one point and talking about it wasn't easy for her. I don't think she aims to make it a comparison though. My therapist told me I was also very high functioning-but how your illness manifests isn't a reflection on you. Pain at the end of the day is still pain.
I don’t think anyone is doubting her illness or anyone’s personal journey with MH but it’s kinda tone deaf to have lead a particular “lifestyle” (busy/sorted/highlife) for 3 years, then come out with a BIG “Ive been suffering” “I’m taking a break” “I’m going to make it all about you, daughter who I’ve neglected for 3 years and missed out on and ignored and put everything else first”, got lots of “you take care hun” “you’re so brave” yadda yadda comments and then BANG 💥 back in the room flogging her book! She made it clear that her husbands account was still live, that he’d be dealing with it all whilst she takes time out, that it’s actually a book they both wrote...he could have done the marketing post.

It’s ridiculous that she is back after a week after making such a big song and dance about herself. It gives completely the wrong signals to anyone dealing with MH let alone new/first time mums, who quite frankly WILL be suffering. Nobody, absolutely nobody takes to parenthood like a duck to water and we all suffer in some way and question ourselves and feel shit. Some people call that PND some call it baby blues some just think, this is Fuxking awful but I wanted this and I asked for it and I’m gonna troop on and just about manage to keep some sort of semblance in their lives treading water until they reach the shore again. To acknowledge it after 3 years in such a huge way and take all the condolences and congratulations and then be back flogging her shit is bollocks. She knew this book was coming when she did her PND post. She hadn’t been posting much, which she acknowledged, she had the same problem as all the instahunz, no content, it was lock down and actually she was busy just throwing a book together!

I’m sorry but no, and mid this rant I went into her page and watched the BBC clip (which actually is even more embarrassing because she basically quotes her insta post verbatim- like a script or a book perhaps) she sought help 18 months ago and yet she continued to flog an unrealistic lifestyle, flogging her books, her radio show, her radio and tv appearances and got into bed with Heinz, Sky, gousto (pretty dodgy companies actually)and many others. Keeping it in the family with hubby and mum. Yes she’s fighting for flexible working hours and that’s commendable and she does good work in that arena but she’s akin to Jack Monroe for me, she’s got her cause and that cause is opening doors for her and her family in the form of sponsorship and TV appearances for her to sell her book!
She’s doing nowt for Karen, mother of three, who works at a warehouse doing shifts earning crap money and wondering if she’s should swap up the Aldi red sauce and buy Heinz just like dear Anna, should she get herself in debt to have Sky TV and Gusto to make her life better like Anna’s, that amazing woman who juggles everything so perfectly and is still crusading for women’s rights? No Anna is a journalist who doesn’t need to pull on her shit supermarket joggers and fulfil an 8 hour shift at the warehouse to put bread on the table and pay the rent, Anna can sit at her desk in her home and write a book...with her husband, be a guest at TV awards or arrange her next talk or tv appearance!

Call me a cynic (or a twat) but dear Anna is using her platform for money not for the great good so nah, the timing of her MH outing just gave her extra air time and pointed lots of people in the direction of her Instagram and guess what? Her new book. And to prove my little theory here’s the evidence...losing followers for weeks and then, as if by magic...

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 43

anniemc

Just copied this from Sarah Tomczak’s Insta and my eyes are rolling so far back in my head 🤢🤢 If this is How you have to act to be in the it crowd I’m glad I’m such a basic bitch 😂:

It’s fair to say I am not an enthusiastic camper... normally. But we’ve hit @kingsdowncamping with our own pizza oven and barbecue in tow, freshly caught fish, homemade sourdough, a signature camp cocktail and now we’re having a mini festival to celebrate.

A signature camp cocktail? Freshly caught fish and homemade sourdough? It is so try hard it hurts. They need to get the fuck over themselves. I have second hand embarrassment.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39

Cliqueypedia

Yep a life coach. From her site:

90 min session £299.
Three sessions £1000.
Six sessions £1800.
12 sessions £3000.

Whatever works and you do you boo and all that, but a qualified counsellor will have had to have hundreds to hours of supervised work before they can practice.

I'm just picturing Jez from Peep show when he decided to be one too.
One session is £299 but you can get three for £1000 👌🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 38

sassmaster3000

Chatty Member
Looks as though Clemmie’s popped round for brunch with the nauseatingly smug Sarah Tomczak (who has actually been celebrating her birthday - by her own admittance - for a month 🙄). Tbf, there’s not much else to do in Thanet....

I might be putting myself out there as a dickhead for saying this, let me know if I am - but if I turned up to a “brunch” and it was just fucking muesli, I’d go back home.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

SmeatonsStar

I know it’s a small insignificant thing in the grand scheme of things but the cringe camping posts from Sarah T involving MoD have prompted me to cancel my Red subscription. I haven’t enjoyed it as much since ST became editor and the unrealistic lifestyle she has and now pushes through the magazine content are a no. Don’t want to be a sparkly leotard, stripy pj wearing clone using an expensive pizza oven at a low grade festival five minutes from home!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36

Tattlingpineapple

Chatty Member
Thread title by @Cliqueypedia 😍 with 38 votes.

But it was too long :-(

Recap:

The Hoopers paid (!!!) someone to paint their spindles and some doors. They also had some money left to buy followers from China and Russia. No ads, no posts so it's the longest vacation the children have ever had. Someone saw Clemmie at the store. She looked good. I had a date. It was boring.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Alice called her a budget Zoe Ball or something? This was after Clemmie had apparently been a shoulder for MP to cry on through her fertility issues. Definitely burnt bridges there
God she’s just so nasty isn’t she, like vitriol pouring out of every pore of her. Worrying to think she’s a midwife with so many nasty thoughts crossing her mind about seemingly everyone ☹

The other day I had a HCP (can’t remember if health visitor or MW) say “liquid paracetomal” and I was like ... what is that when it’s at home and asked if calpol was ok, they said yes but they’re not allowed to say brand names. Similarly you won’t get told to buy x or y for literally anything whether it’s an expressing machine, bath products, nappies, car seats, they’ve remained completely brand agnostic throughout and constantly re affirm it’s about what’s best for you & your family.

Which begs the question how tf did she get away with her carry on for so long?! Telling women they could do with a £300 jumpsuit to help them BF is actual violence when you think about how difficult it all is. I’ve spent 4-8 hours every single day BF and have been lucky she latches and feeds ridiculously well, yet have still needed SO much emotional support from my MWs, health visitor, therapist, friends w kids, and husband cos you never feel like you’re doing a good enough job at it. Imagine if your midwife was a snooty insta mama sharing this shit on her page, you’d feel awful you’ve crammed into your ancient M&S high waisted knicks and a £10 nursing bra you’re already busting out of, and it’d be so easy to just blame yourself for it?!

And don’t get me started on her advertising clothes to an audience suddenly launched into an entirely different body to the one they’ve always had, absolutely sick and twisted of her. I’m sorry for the essay but how this demonic witch could sit there and run through your check up questions on mental health is beyond me, when her social media presence alone would be enough to do women in!!

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Wolf359

Chatty Member
It’s disingenuous.

While she was suffering from PND and post-partum psychosis she was also lobbying Government and winning big business partners for Flex Appeal, interviewing/auditioning and eventually, getting the job for her Heart Radio show, presenting the show, and doing a podcast, written and presented a TedEx talk, and now we discover she’s also been writing a book!
I had PND after my second child was born and some days I counted going to the corner shop as a massive success (to buy some McCoys crisps for my children to play with).
Afraid I can’t really relate to a highly successful woman who is a massive overachiever, telling me that, yes, she might have over-achieved but she felt terrible while she was doing it.
I had a CBT counsellor who, in the early days of my PND, had to literally help me write a timetable for my day, which would include things like ‘shower’ and ‘eat lunch’.
But, hey, great that having post-partum psychosis worked out so well for her latest project!!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Not commented on a MOD/FOD thread before but have definitely been enjoying the ride lurking since Alice gate 😂

Just wanted to say that I’ve met them both at both their book “tour” things (yes I know...) and Simon actually came across as quite well, an unassuming type who actually really does love his wife and kids (not excusing the child selling etc etc). He was really friendly and we chatted to him for a while. Just your standard dad type and I do think he let the “”””fame””””” run away with him a bit towards the end, constantly scraping the barrel to get him out of the shit heap that his wife created and you could tell he was going through a hugely shit time towards the end mentally maybe BUT Clammie oh my god. She was horrid. I was so disappointed. We didn’t buy her book but went up to speak to her, she was so not interested in anything we had to say because we didn’t have anything for her to sign, just looking around the room, sort of dismissing us in a way? My friend and I both left feeling like we’d genuinely been a nuisance in her day because that’s how she made us feel. Can deffo see why she fell out with the insta crew and can see why she wouldn’t be very much liked. I hope they both have found some peace in themselves living their lives without a camera or phone in their hand as it seems such a shame for their poor girls.

• Wow
Reactions: 32

houseofhoop

VIP Member
I had family around last night , two of whom follow FOD. We had a raging row about the cuntyness of the SODs but ultimately I won. They had no real idea about the massive issues surrounding this couple. I’m embarrassed that I am related to such naive people who didn’t even realise they were being sold to half the time. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Anyway, result cos they unfollowed and convinced a few other friends to unfollow.
You’re welcome. Fighting for the cause. 💪🏻💪🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Clare

VIP Member
Looks as though Clemmie’s popped round for brunch with the nauseatingly smug Sarah Tomczak (who has actually been celebrating her birthday - by her own admittance - for a month 🙄). Tbf, there’s not much else to do in Thanet....
Interesting to see St Clem still chooses to dress horrendously even when she’s not being paid to.

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Dogmuck

VIP Member
Like these influencers actually go and look at the names of their new followers as though “ihateyou345” is any more sinister than “deb25677”, Deb also has no profile photo, no followers and is following 8769, Deb is 47 year old man who likes looking at photos of your kids you keep posting in all sorts of undress. Stop being a bunch of drama queens - make your account private, change your password, follow the 101 of internet safety and fuck off! 😏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Emmadale

VIP Member
Maybe his bot subscription has expired and he’s going doooowwwwwnnnnnn!

Back to supermarket chat. I’m not telling you this for sympathy but for awareness as you are my people. Went to tesco (shouldn’t cheat on Aldi) last night at 7 (so still v much daylight) got nappies, cereal, nappy bags and a next gift card. Put it on passenger seat and went round to drivers side. I’d noticed a white highway maintenance van had parked behind me so wondered how I’d get out but then the guy quickly ran to my car, opened passenger side and grabbed my shopping bag (I’d also thrown my card holder in it annoyingly instead of putting it in my pocket) he sped off, I got out and screamed like a banshee, I was so petrified in that split second as I just didn’t know what he’s do. Some lovely bystanders helped and were so kind, police were called and I cancelled cards etc. He’d tried to use one of the cards a few miles away but it was already blocked! Fucker! I’m okay, just shaken up.

So just keep your wits about you in car parks, lock doors as soon as you get in etc. It’s a horrible world we live in 😢

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 28