Miserable for no reason.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get this a lot myself, I get days when I just lose all motivation, just feel so pissed off at everything. I'm not sure what triggers it but the recent change in seasons has set me off. Summer ended quickly, Autumn kicked in fast with the days getting shorter and I feel that this year it's getting darker faster than in previous years.

I have to deal with these low days on my own, no friends to help me out of it, I can manage on my own, only just. Reading a thread on here "The Ick" has set me off again.

I suppose being single for so many years is part of my problem, that and no real friends, I live in my own world. Covid 19 is a factor, I try to avoid the news because it's so depressing. I'm just glad I have a job to go to, this winter I'm dreading, the winter blues.
I haven't got anyone to talk to aside from my boyfriend, whom I live with and in lockdown with, so if you ever want a chat, I'm here. 😊

I've felt low, anxious and absolutely fed up for weeks, on and off. I'm in lockdown in a different area away from my parents with my boyfriend, and although it's nice and now my home, I feel lonely and like I'm living in a bubble. 😓 I'm only mainly going food shopping and too nervous to go far as that's stressful enough. I don't have many friends, and I've not seen best friend since the end of last year, so I often feel like crying and find it hard to cheer myself up. I miss my parents such a lot and although we speak everyday, I can't go home right now as my boyfriend's a nurse and there's cases in his work, so I'm trying to protect them by staying away, but it's so hard.... 😓 Each day is basically the same as the next and it's not going to change anytime soon....

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I haven't got anyone to talk to aside from my boyfriend, whom I live with and in lockdown with, so if you ever want a chat, I'm here. 😊
If you changed your tattle settings we can chat or you can goto my profile and click ABOUT where there are instructions.

I'm not depressed but have been having a lot of low moods lately and feeling very lonely. I'm a stay at home mum while my partner, friends and family all work full-time so i don't see anyone during the week really. I'm also struggling to find a job, i got made redundant while pregnant two years ago and i've been trying for a long time now to get back into work and have only had a few interviews. I just feel a bit useless sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm not depressed but have been having a lot of low moods lately and feeling very lonely. I'm a stay at home mum while my partner, friends and family all work full-time so i don't see anyone during the week really. I'm also struggling to find a job, i got made redundant while pregnant two years ago and i've been trying for a long time now to get back into work and have only had a few interviews. I just feel a bit useless sometimes.
I’ve been a stay at home parent (went back to work start of lockdown) and it’s one of the toughest things you can do. I felt like you; isolated, cut off from the rest of the world. I waited until my children were able to attend school and nursery before job searching again, and now I look back fondly on our those days together, and will admit that sometimes I miss being there all the time - although I do like having time to be me and around other adults. It won’t be forever. I think I would feel the same if I were in your shoes during this pandemic, the social isolation is bad enough at the best of times and this has only made it harder. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Reminder to everyone: Make sure you are supplementing Vitamin D! Especially if you live in Europe. When I lived in Paris, I had horrible depression. Supplementing with Vitamin D helped me immensely.

I live in sunny Australia now, so I don't get those horrible winter depressions anymore.

If you changed your tattle settings we can chat or you can goto my profile and click ABOUT where there are instructions.
I've tried to alter my settings, but I can't see anything to change in terms of receivibg message and making my profile more open.... 🤔

I've tried to alter my settings, but I can't see anything to change in terms of receiving message and making my profile more open.... 🤔
Goto Privacy settings on your profile,

Allow users to…
View your details on your profile page:
Start conversations with you.

God yes I feel this too. Think it's very normal in current circumstances ❤

The past week I have felt so irritable and angry. Working from home has been a struggle the past few weeks too. Feeling really unmotivated.

I've had the most difficult year of my life, least of all due to Covid. I realised a couple of months ago that I was actually sinking into depression and was having some pretty dark thoughts. It can be hard to pull yourself out of it but i've found that getting out in the fresh air, making an effort to eat healthily and practicing lots and self care have helped. I also started taking St John's Wort tablets which I think have really helped

Reactions: 2
I find the virus threat and current restrictions make doing everything seem so much more difficult, like popping into some shops with a pram and a toddler was a bit of a hassle at the best of the times but now it seems so hard (this is my perception anyway, not every where is pram friendly and the social distancing systems have made it worse ).

I'm on maternity leave and I never get any time to myself and my husband is always at work or he isn't being much help.

I feel like I'm in such a rut

Reactions: 1
I definitely feel the same. I feel it all started when covid started. I work on the front line so I feel that has something to do with it as I feel anxious, worried and very tired. I have a little boy so I put on a brave face but underneath, I'm like a ball of stress waiting to erupt. I'm in Wales and we've been in lockdown for 3 weeks. There's just nothing to look forward to & there's constant negativity everywhere. Hope you're ok and things pick up for you.

• Sad
I think if we all get through this time with our sanity intact it will be a miracle. Ok, it’s not WWII, with bombs raining down and young men getting conscripted, but it is an unprecedented difficult time - a bleeping tit one. Life as we know it has ceased to be, and we don’t know when we will get back to normal.

At the beginning of the lockdown, we were all in it together, there was a strangeness that in its way was quite exciting (wrong word, but life on pause). But now we are at each other’s throats, so much confusion, restrictions, uncertainty. No wonder we feel low.

It is easy to slump into bad habits, but that makes it worse. I put make up on for the first time in months, and wore something that didn’t have an elasticated waist, and it helped my mood a bit. Made me feel a bit more normal than the sloth in the leggings slouching on the sofa. Now to cut down on booze, online activity, and increase movement, sleep and fresh air.

• Heart
Thank you for this thread...

I am struggling right now. It's been a tit year, which I'm aware it had been for many people...

Back in January, I had a lumbar discectomy surgery to free up a slipped disc - recovery was hard. Cat then had to be put down due to kidney failure in march.

Dad died in July, mum is currently undergoing a breast cancer scare (having an op to remove a pre-cancerous lump over half term)

And my back is going again - i work in a nursery and 2yr olds are bleeping over all the good my surgery did. Putting in a letter to reduce hours officially at work as my back will simple be back to square one otherwise.

Covid is messing with my head constantly, worrying about mum, my daughter, my husband. I'm not scared of catching it myself, just what it could do to others around me 😞

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I can’t even motivate myself enough to try. I’ve gave up trying to lose weight, can’t remember the last time I wore makeup (actually I can, it was Valentines Day, our for a meal with husband to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary just before the world went to tit). I’m so depressed but constantly have to put a front on for my children’s’ sake. I work in a care home, had Covid back in April, have worked all through the pandemic and like everyone else, I’m just done with it all now. There is very little enjoyment in life these days. It has been consumed with Covid and there is no escape from it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Yes. As you said .. mental health. And Covid certainly isn’t helping 😪 seriously fed up. Hope you feel better soon x

I definitely feel the same. I feel it all started when covid started. I work on the front line so I feel that has something to do with it as I feel anxious, worried and very tired. I have a little boy so I put on a brave face but underneath, I'm like a ball of stress waiting to erupt. I'm in Wales and we've been in lockdown for 3 weeks. There's just nothing to look forward to & there's constant negativity everywhere. Hope you're ok and things pick up for you.
I'm in Wales, too, South Wales. I'm in lockdown in another county with my bf and my parents are in the Valleys, and the local hospital has a large outbreak, it's scary. Sending you my best wishes. 😊❤

I had a bad day yesterday, and I woke today thinking "another day in paradise 😞" I don't even enjoy my time off work anymore as there's nothing to do and I feel fed up, so I'm actually glad to go to work so that's I'm chatting with my colleagues, having a laugh and being productive.

I'm in Wales, too, South Wales. I'm in lockdown in another county with my bf and my parents are in the Valleys, and the local hospital has a large outbreak, it's scary. Sending you my best wishes. 😊❤

I had a bad day yesterday, and I woke today thinking "another day in paradise 😞" I don't even enjoy my time off work anymore as there's nothing to do and I feel fed up, so I'm actually glad to go to work so that's I'm chatting with my colleagues, having a laugh and being productive.
I'm also in South Wales, in the valleys. I'm happy to be in work to just for some more human interaction but another full lockdown is around the corner so its just getting worse.

I'm the same and I agree with others about it being due to covid. It's the uncertainty for me - will we go back into lockdown, won't we? That coupled with the fact it's generally just been a crap year, unable to go anywhere, experience anything etc, has done it for me I think. I'm struggling with sleep and sometimes I'm completely forgetting to eat.

it's so lovely to have a forum like this though where you can just vent all your thoughts, anonymously, and not have to worry about people judging you. I'm quite shy natured personally so a place like this where I can be me, without people really knowing me, is perfect therapy for when you're feeling a bit miserable. It's nice to have somewhere to vent. 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don’t know if this will help but I’ve just signed up to this programme that targets SAD. Apparently the two girls are really good. A friend of mine went to the workshop last year.
8C5B2076-A9A3-40B4-BBDF-D9FA9942804E.jpeg