Miserable for no reason.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone else feeling bloody miserable for no particular reason lately?

I've been quite sad and tearful for a few weeks - I'm definitely not pregnant! (I have a history of depression anyway which is generally under control). I feel worthless, awkward, boring and just not myself. Lack of motivation for most things and constantly tearing myself apart over my parenting, again, for no real reason.
I have no idea what's triggering it because if I did I would be able to help myself out of this hole.

Anyone else like this lately?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24

I've been quite sad and tearful for a few weeks - I'm definitely not pregnant! (I have a history of depression anyway which is generally under control). I feel worthless, awkward, boring and just not myself. Lack of motivation for most things and constantly tearing myself apart over my parenting, again, for no real reason.
I have no idea what's triggering it because if I did I would be able to help myself out of this hole.

I feel you. Could it be this crappy situation called Covid? A mix of that and the winter blues rolling in, perhaps? I too have a history of depression and just feel completely deflated at the moment. It always gets worse this time of year and this year has been awful as it is. ❤

Reactions: 7
It’s definitely covid... I feel it too, the never ending slog and how the news is so depressing, every single day. It’s just relentless. ♥♥♥

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The change in season always triggers my low mood/depression especially when it starts getting dark in the mornings and evenings earlier. That coupled with the covid tit show dragging on and on with no end in sight is exaggerating everything I think.

you aren’t alone ❤

Reactions: 8
Definitely the same. I always struggle when the cold and dark evenings roll in. Add that to having to avoid the news for my own sanity and missing special people, I’m a walking disaster.

Reactions: 4

I get this a lot myself, I get days when I just lose all motivation, just feel so pissed off at everything. I'm not sure what triggers it but the recent change in seasons has set me off. Summer ended quickly, Autumn kicked in fast with the days getting shorter and I feel that this year it's getting darker faster than in previous years.

I have to deal with these low days on my own, no friends to help me out of it, I can manage on my own, only just. Reading a thread on here "The Ick" has set me off again.

I suppose being single for so many years is part of my problem, that and no real friends, I live in my own world. Covid 19 is a factor, I try to avoid the news because it's so depressing. I'm just glad I have a job to go to, this winter I'm dreading, the winter blues.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
I get this a lot myself, I get days when I just lose all motivation, just feel so pissed off at everything. I'm not sure what triggers it but the recent change in seasons has set me off. Summer ended quickly, Autumn kicked in fast with the days getting shorter and I feel that this year it's getting darker faster than in previous years.

I have to deal with these low days on my own, no friends to help me out of it, I can manage on my own, only just. Reading a thread on here "The Ick" has set me off again.

I suppose being single for so many years is part of my problem, that and no real friends, I live in my own world. Covid 19 is a factor, I try to avoid the news because it's so depressing. I'm just glad I have a job to go to, this winter I'm dreading, the winter blues.
You’ve got us lovely trolls! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Definite fatigue from Covid life going on! Seasonal changes can cause it too. Its all just a bit tit lately, isnt it? Try and find peace/pleasure where you can x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yep I totally feel like this way. I just don’t feel any joy in anything... thank god for my kids that’s all I will say.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I feel a bit trapped with all the restrictions and stuff. I'm also with the kids 24/7 . Everything feels a million times more difficult than it did pre-lockdown .
I try to have things to look forward to regularly, tonight we are having a takeaway.

Yes me too. My sleep has been appalling lately, and I’ve always been a good sleeper, I’m also struggling with a bad flare up of psoriasis. It’s definitely because of all the uncertainty in the world at the moment.

I was saying this to a friend last night. I feel like I want to do nothing but I have 101 things to be getting on with. I've got depression/anxiety anyway but this year...wow! Covid definitely isn't helping things, worrying about money all the time, not sleeping on a night. I try take each day as it comes in this ever changing world but that's hard to do with anxiety. Take care everyone x

• Heart
Yes me too. My sleep has been appalling lately, and I’ve always been a good sleeper, I’m also struggling with a bad flare up of psoriasis. It’s definitely because of all the uncertainty in the world at the moment.
My psoriasis is the same 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 3
It’s a terrible way to feel, especially when you have children. I’m always worried they will pick up on my mood. Today they’ve just gone to the park with my husband, I didn’t go with because I just feel so low and worn out by it all. I work in care and we’re always on edge these days trying to make sure Covid doesn’t get back in to our unit. I’ve not been going out much either, either because what’s the point and when you do, everyone is at each others’ throats over social distancing and mask wearing etc. The world has become a horrible place and it feels easier to stay shut up at home (even though deep down I hate it and just want life to go back to how it was). I also feel this year has been so quick in spite of the virus. Can’t believe another year is gone, just feels so wasted with no plans and no end in sight.

Reactions: 6
There’s so much going on at the moment it’s totally explainable that it’s a consequence of that but if you think you might actually be suffering from SAD there are things that can help. A sunrise simulator alarm clock for instance can help you feel like you’re not waking up in the middle of the night and so on.
NHS advice on SAD

Last edited:
I'm so glad it's not just me. You have no idea how reassuring it is to read that others are feeling the same.

I feel numb, like I have no life left in me at the moment.
I agree, it's definitely the covid affect. The quicker it fucks off, the better.

Thank you everyone for replying, at least we have each other here.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13

Yea lovely, all the time at the minute. This year has been absolutely brutal. I keep thinking I might have PND but then I remember we’ve been living under these restrictions and fear of the virus for almost half my daughters life. I was alone a lot during the first half anyway as it was. It just feels like the only goal is to make it through the day. Nothing to look forward to. Can’t make any plans. It’s hard to be motivated to do anything.

I’m currently self isolating after being in close contact with someone at work who tested positive. Being on the vulnerable list I feel like I’m waiting for death. Probably a bit dramatic but at my darkest moments that’s where my head goes.

• Sad
Stop watching the news, thats a big help.
Also the majority of the pandemic is scaremongering and bullshit.
Try to get out in nature, even its not that nice for a walk.
Its been difficult for everyone this year plus theres the run up to Xmas to contend with, and this will be even worse this year as retailers will want to claw back most of the money they have lost when a lot of them were shut.Take a day at a time.

• Heart
Yes! I have a history of anxiety attacks and had a bout of depression when young. Due to covid, I have been feeling a rollercoaster of emotions, including a lot of sadness. It will get worse too with winter coming in. I am thinking about buying one of those sunlamps - they aren't too expensive on Amazon. I also up my vitamin D in winter and having a good exercise routine helps me too.