Microblading

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm having brows microbladed next month. Can anyone tell me what the pain is like?

Also, do they go scabby after having them done?

The pain is like a scratching. It does not hurt much at all. They look very dark after about an hour or 2. So bad that I was thinking I made a huge mistake. My husband said I looked like Eugene Levy :rolleyes: not helping!

They do scab a little and you have to continue putting cream on them. But after they are healed they look great! I didn't think I would like it as much as I do. I love the way my brows look.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I've had mine done for the last 3 years and agree with above, it's not very painful and just feels like scratching. I did find that it started to hurt a little at the end and each time I've had mine done I get a bad headache after.

They will scab after a while and it's so important not to pull the scabs off no matter how tempting it is! (I felt like I had to explain to everyone I saw why my eyebrows looked so scabby lol)

I'm so glad I had mine done and it honestly saves me so much time not having to pencil in my brows 😁

Reactions: 3
I love mine, and maintenance free. The scratching is no issue as the area is numbed.

I didn’t want to leave the house the first couple of days after having mine done because they were so big and dark, but they do settle down once the scabbing goes.

Reactions: 1
Getting mine topped up in 2 weeks, SO excited!
It really doesn’t hurt, more like a bit of a scratch. The numbing cream is great. I felt a slight burn/sore in the area an hour or so afterwards but nothing major.
They do scab but I always think they feel worse than what they actually are. The scabs aren’t massively noticeable. Just DON’T pick them!!! It is so tempting but it can do damage to the colour.
Microblading is one of the very few beauty treatments I willingy spend money on. Worth every penny.

I had a combi brow last month, we did the first part without numbing cream and honestly it didn’t hurt T all, my lady then numbed it for the rest of the treatment as I assume it’s more tender.
Good luck, it’s honestly life changing 😂

I have to say I didn't have the best experience with this. Originally I had semI perm brows done 15 years ago for my wedding. I didn't then have anything done for a few years until microblading started to become a thing. I then had this done yearly for around 5-6 years. Initially there was no pain but each year I found it more and more painful. It could just be me. We used more numbing cream and I took pain killers before but every year I started to dread it. I stopped a couple of years ago. Not so much the pain but I had healing issues with my right brow every time. The result being they would scab up and peel so quick the look faded pretty much straight away. I then had to pencil in which kind of made it pointless.

I am now left with faded brows that have to be penciled in. Just to say that the lady that did it was fantastic. Highly qualified and taught it too. Had her own salon with people travelling from Europe to have brows and lips done so no blame on her at all. I also know others that have had it done and have had no problems whatsoever. I think I was just unlucky. Good luck.

I had a combi brow last month, we did the first part without numbing cream and honestly it didn’t hurt T all, my lady then numbed it for the rest of the treatment as I assume it’s more tender.
Good luck, it’s honestly life changing 😂
What's a combi brow?

Make sure you read your aftercare very carefully - I saw someone above say they had to use cream while theirs healed, I was told to keep them totally dry for I think 10 days, whatever it is you’re told to do, follow that (if you google it some people do the cream healing some do dry, I don’t know if it’s different technique or what)
Got to be honest I found it pretty sore, worse than having my lips done. It’s like someone scratching over an open cut again and again. I do love them though, it’s great to always have brows even if I have no other make up on etc!

I have to say I didn't have the best experience with this. Originally I had semI perm brows done 15 years ago for my wedding. I didn't then have anything done for a few years until microblading started to become a thing. I then had this done yearly for around 5-6 years. Initially there was no pain but each year I found it more and more painful. It could just be me. We used more numbing cream and I took pain killers before but every year I started to dread it. I stopped a couple of years ago. Not so much the pain but I had healing issues with my right brow every time. The result being they would scab up and peel so quick the look faded pretty much straight away. I then had to pencil in which kind of made it pointless.

I am now left with faded brows that have to be penciled in. Just to say that the lady that did it was fantastic. Highly qualified and taught it too. Had her own salon with people travelling from Europe to have brows and lips done so no blame on her at all. I also know others that have had it done and have had no problems whatsoever. I think I was just unlucky. Good luck.

What's a combi brow?
combination of microblading and powder brow

also just to add, apparently powder brow is good for people who have oily skin which can make microblading fade quicker x

combination of microblading and powder brow

also just to add, apparently powder brow is good for people who have oily skin which can make microblading fade quicker x
Thanks for mentioning that because I was thinking if I ever decide to give it another go powder brow might be ideal. With the microblading the hair definition disappeared really quickly.

I just found it was like a scratching really. The first ‘pass’ they did without numbing for me and then added the numbing stuff for the second and third and even the first bit was fine for me. Mine didn’t scab up too much really but the aftercare was a pain as I was told not to get them wet for like 10 days or two weeks I think so showering is fun. I sellotaped cling film to my face every time I wanted to wash my hair so they had a little rain cover 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

Hugely worth doing though and I wouldn’t be without them now! Just make sure you follow the aftercare and go for your top up session

• Haha
Thanks for all your replies!

It's the ombre blush brow I'm going for, so not normal microblading but the technique is similar.

I'm terrible with pain so I really hope it is just like you all say it is! Luckily I know the technician really well so I'll be comfortable enough with her to ask her to stop for a second if I'm struggling. I'm really hoping it's a breeze though!

I know I'm going to struggle not touching the scabs though!

Thanks for all your replies!

It's the ombre blush brow I'm going for, so not normal microblading but the technique is similar.

I'm terrible with pain so I really hope it is just like you all say it is! Luckily I know the technician really well so I'll be comfortable enough with her to ask her to stop for a second if I'm struggling. I'm really hoping it's a breeze though!

I know I'm going to struggle not touching the scabs though!
I’m such a picker so I was really worried but it was actually okay leaving them alone.

I forgot to mention that I thought I’d made a huge mistake at first because they were SO dark and prominent at first as others have mentioned but they deffo settled down as they healed.

• Heart
I had mine done 3 years ago and loved them but they stayed forever on me (dry skin) so I didn’t have them redone but now they’re really red and bugging me.

I booked to have them redone last week but the girl used a laser on them to try and neutralise the redness so hoping I’ll be able to have them done in 6 weeks 😊

Must say that I didn’t get a single scab on mine but my friend who had them done weeks later had awful scabbing and flaking skin so I think that will just depend

I've had mine done for the past 2 years, I have ombre brows with some hair strokes and I'm getting them topped up at the end of this month

My initial treatment wasn't painful at all, the numbing cream works really well. There were some areas I couldn't feel anything at all and only felt vibrations and it felt a bit scratchy at the ends of my brows

I find the top ups to be slightly more painful, not in any way sore but it does resemble the feeling of getting a tattoo for me

The healing part is the worst as all you want to do is pick them! Mine become so itchy so I'm always moving the skin above my brows to get some relief 😂

Aftercare advice does seem to vary from place to place, my lady advises to put the cream on every couple of hours for the first 24 hours and then twice a day for the next week or so

there's a lot that i don't like about myself, but i have been blessed with perfect eyebrows (feels so good to admitting that there is one thing i like about myself). My mother went for microblading and i think on an older face it is giving her a very hard look, angry bird like. Cannot bring myself to tell her this.

I've had mine mibcrobladed for three years, each time I went the pain got worse and worse and so did the bleeding, even with pain and numbing cream.
Eventually went to a girl who uses an actual permanent cosmetics gun rather than the blade and I didn't feel a thing with the numbing cream, and not a drop of blood. I got hairstrokes and powder. I actually have a lot of eyebrow hair it's just they don't grow in at the tails so I found when they healed the scabs stuck in my eyebrow hair for a few days (a strong look) however they just fall off eventually, or if you have a parrot, as I do, he will gently pull the scabs out my hair for me 😂😂😂
I love my brows now, so much better than with the blade!

I had mine done last year and it hurt like duck and I’m not a mardy arse, I bled like mad and to be honest my tattoos I hardly felt. I had to go back for 4 top up sit wasn’t pleasant at all.

Reactions: 2
Finally had them done this morning after two appointments got cancelled due to lockdown (Thanks Boris!). I genuinely can't describe the feeling, it was so weird. Like a constant scratching. It wasn't agonising, but it wasn't pleasant either. The numbing cream did NOTHING for me either until like the last 10 minutes, so that was helpful :ROFLMAO: Soooo glad I had it done though!

Don't panic if they look horrific in the next couple of days - it really is a process. I was horrified about how dark they went and as they heel you stop seeing the definition and they just look like chunky dark blobs - this is normal and this doesn't last! I've had mine done a couple of times, the last time was last January so well over year and they still look good, it's definitely worth it.

Finally had them done this morning after two appointments got cancelled due to lockdown (Thanks Boris!). I genuinely can't describe the feeling, it was so weird. Like a constant scratching. It wasn't agonising, but it wasn't pleasant either. The numbing cream did NOTHING for me either until like the last 10 minutes, so that was helpful :ROFLMAO: Soooo glad I had it done though!

Attachments

• Heart