MickeyJoTheatre

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t mind his reviews but he’s getting gifted theatre nights and going by his vlog these are almost every night then he asks for people to give him a “super thanks” money to fund his theatre trips.

Reactions: 2
His ‘ohmygodhi’ thing is really annoying after a bit, plus he is really trying to make that happen.

He’s a twit. A total twit. And the gurning boyfriend who can’t look at the camera without pulling a stupid face is another twit.
Suspect he has given up his proper job as a teacher and plunged into social media full time because despite not being subbed the output on his channel has quadrupled and I can’t escape them. Multiple vids each week including that godawful “stagey Vlog”. Anyone who describes themselves as stagey get a grip and get a life. Twats.

Reactions: 5
Hello! Glad someone made a thread - I also found his complaints about not making money for reviewing things on his own channel a bit frustrating. I've been following him for a while now but it's bizarre that he thinks theatres should pay him to review shows, surely that would make for some very very biased reviews?

Reactions: 7
The themed clothes he wears for the show reviews like that harness thing for Cabaret 🤢. And that gold thing for Rocky Horror with his pale, scrawny legs in shiny gold shorts. Major 🤢. Then he swans around town in a floppy hat thinking he’s king of the West End. Embarrassing.

Reactions: 3
I find it very off putting when people try to turn their luxury hobby into a full time job and then act like they’re doing everyone a favour by doing so. I don’t mind some of his videos - though he needs to get out of CHF’s arse - but asking for money to go to all these shows and review them feels distasteful. Especially as theatre is a luxury for so many people, even more so in the current climate

He's straight up ALWAYS at the theatre and pays for very little of it. They all give him tickets and he goes - I don't know if he lives in London but if he doesn't, he can't be far outside. He does sometimes go to regional theatre so I guess that costs more but then he chose to go. And now he wants to be paid TO review the show, even though no one gets paid for that, including professional reviewers in major publications? He made a big show of how he gave the Regents Park Open Air production of 101 Dalmatians a negative review because it was his honest opinion ... so he wants to be seen as truthful and fair, yet still thinks that is the image he'd have if people knew he were being paid to review this stuff?

I notice he hasn't mentioned Newsies yet, now granted it only opened a week ago, but makes me wonder if it's because they haven't offered him a free ticket - understandable as the previews sold out very quickly?

Reactions: 6
I find it very off putting when people try to turn their luxury hobby into a full time job and then act like they’re doing everyone a favour by doing so. I don’t mind some of his videos - though he needs to get out of CHF’s arse - but asking for money to go to all these shows and review them feels distasteful. Especially as theatre is a luxury for so many people, even more so in the current climate
Literally this.

He's straight up ALWAYS at the theatre and pays for very little of it. They all give him tickets and he goes - I don't know if he lives in London but if he doesn't, he can't be far outside. He does sometimes go to regional theatre so I guess that costs more but then he chose to go. And now he wants to be paid TO review the show, even though no one gets paid for that, including professional reviewers in major publications? He made a big show of how he gave the Regents Park Open Air production of 101 Dalmatians a negative review because it was his honest opinion ... so he wants to be seen as truthful and fair, yet still thinks that is the image he'd have if people knew he were being paid to review this stuff?

I notice he hasn't mentioned Newsies yet, now granted it only opened a week ago, but makes me wonder if it's because they haven't offered him a free ticket - understandable as the previews sold out very quickly?
He was definitely at Newsies recently, trying his best to recreate the mid show standing ovation that happened spontaneously at the first preview, which was mentioned all over theatre Twitter. Obviously didn't like feeling not a part of it!

• Haha
I put up a comment saying asking for money is off putting this is the replies
“nobody enjoys asking for money, but this is my job”

1) if you have to ask for money it’s not your job
2) maybe if YouTube doesn’t pay enough you shouldn’t have quit your real job until it did?? Smh

He gets free tit for being an influencer - in this case hundreds of pounds' worth of free theatre tickets which is nothing to turn one's nose up at. More like thousands of pounds if they're offering his boyfriend a ticket too! But if he is not making a living out of being an influencer, it's not his job. For that, he'd need enough money coming in from social media to afford not to work; and/or to be hired as a professional theatre critic. He realises that the people who write reviews for print publications or websites, etc. are experienced journalists or writers, not some guy yelling "OMGHAAAAAAAAAAAY" on the internet?

Reactions: 6
Theatre tickets are so so so expensive and you already get them for free, pal what are you doing asking for theatres to pay you to review/travel costs/etc!!! If you worked as part of a publication like The Stage or The Guardian they'd pay you a fair wage and you'd get the free press tickets. It's not your audience's fault that you chose to do this on YouTube/for yourself.

Theatre tickets are so so so expensive and you already get them for free, pal what are you doing asking for theatres to pay you to review/travel costs/etc!!! If you worked as part of a publication like The Stage or The Guardian they'd pay you a fair wage and you'd get the free press tickets. It's not your audience's fault that you chose to do this on YouTube/for yourself.
Not just any seats either, he gets pretty good seats. And he probably could get work as a freelance writer/reviewer if he wanted to - might have to work his way up, but having an online following would help. No one gets paid by the theatre or the show's producers to review it

Just came on here to create this thread!

I find him interesting to watch but he is very annoying. He really does love the sound of his own voice and he has a very awkward energy.

Also, his videos are always about 20 minutes long, but everything he has to say could be contained in about 10 minutes. He just waffles on.

Does anyone else think it’s really weird that he has never been to New York but about 50% of his channel is dedicated to Broadway? Imagine a similar scenario – I can’t imagine someone creating a YouTube channel about Australian and New Zealand politics, but openly stating that they have never been to New Zealand.

Final thing - notice how he NEVER criticises performances/actors? I have heard him criticise scripts, sets, costumes, songs etc but I have never heard him once say “this was a bad performance”.

It’s as if he feels that it’s OK to criticise those things because they are faceless, whereas an actor is an individual person and he doesn’t want to be accused of being a hater.

I CANT STAND this guy. Him and his boyfriend and super toxic people and obsessed with the idea of being famous and getting more subscribers and being “influencers”. I have mutual friends with both of them and they are not liked in the theatre world. Specially his boyfriend, he’s very bad news.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I can’t believe that I didn’t mention this in my first post - by far the worst thing about his channel is the horrendous theme song that plays at the end of his videos. It makes me cringe beyond belief.

“Feugh tenmuh secunds, ahm MickeyJoTheatre. Ohmahgodheighfanksforwatchinhaveastageyday-SUBscr-AaaAaaAaab!”

SHUT UP!

• Haha
It’s the ohmygodhi for me. Like sir… aren’t you like 30? Why are you speaking like a teenager from 2010?

• Haha
I CANT STAND this guy. Him and his boyfriend and super toxic people and obsessed with the idea of being famous and getting more subscribers and being “influencers”. I have mutual friends with both of them and they are not liked in the theatre world. Specially his boyfriend, he’s very bad news.
Ohh that’s interesting. I remember seeing his bf around on Twitter a few years ago when I was on the theatre side of it and followed a bunch of people. Had no idea he was a dick!

Reactions: 1
Final thing - notice how he NEVER criticises performances/actors? I have heard him criticise scripts, sets, costumes, songs etc but I have never heard him once say “this was a bad performance”.

It’s as if he feels that it’s OK to criticise those things because they are faceless, whereas an actor is an individual person and he doesn’t want to be accused of being a hater.
Probably because he fancies himself as an actor so doesn’t want to tit on his own doorstep? He’s done some amateur musicals, if you go back to the beginning of his channel there’s a godawful video of him singing Bring Him Home wearing a load of eye liner. The voice is terrible.