Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
At his core, I believe he's a nice guy. He truly loves Disney and enjoyed vlogging and sharing his love of Disney with others. However, I think family tendencies are strong and he has listened to people who give him the applaud he seeks but without holding him to a level of expectation that required him to work hard and stay humble. I am in no way comparing him to this level of talent, but, it's like Elvis. He surrounded himself with 'yes' men and went from a person who enjoyed making music to someone who drowned in his fame.
As someone who dated him I emphatically disagree with you. A truly nice person doesn’t manipulate or emotionally abuse people.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

DonnyBergerStan

Chatty Member
Idk, I'm getting a lot of insightful info from his comparison:
  • Larger ships can hold a lot more people than smaller ships
  • Older ships can sometimes feel a little older than newer ships
  • Going back to the same dining room (for 3 days) ends up feeling very similar
  • You sometimes feel the pressure of the additional charges like for the escape room on Royal Caribbean, but don't feel this on the Disney Cruise because they don't have an escape room
  • Royal Caribbean isn't as luxurious as Disney Cruise Line, and this makes it feel different
  • Apparently you can find flo riders on land but there's something special about doing it at sea
  • Royal Caribbean doesn't have Disney merchandise, while Disney Cruise Line does
  • Royal Caribbean and Disney's private islands are both a lot of fun, but very different
  • Royal Caribbean's private island feels more crowded as their ships are larger, while Disney's private island feels more private as there are fewer people on those ships
  • If you're looking for something funner for young children Disney has more to offer, but if you're into more adult activities Royal Caribbean might be better
  • Both cruise ships are a lot of fun but Michael prefers Disney because he loves the luxurious lifestyle
Such exciting information, really adds a lot of value into my cruise vacation decisions.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

TikiMeerkat

Soooo it’s confirmed then, he’s a manipulative asshole who has no real interest in genuine engagement with his audience, doesn’t mind being secretive to increase views, only cares about his stats, and has an inflated ego that thinks people care a lot more about his boring life than they actually do. Glad he can finally admit that to his Patreons; the rest of us already knew.

Reactions: 19

HuskyMom

Hi everyone, I've been a lurker on here for some time but just decided to join as I've finally had it with Michael's deception of his viewers. I was one of his patreons however his latest video on patreon was the nail in the coffin for me. I've commented on both his patreon and latest video on youtube (who knows how long it will stay up) and thought I would share what he is actually thinking about not showing who he is travelling with.

turned me off.PNG

turned me off 01.PNG

This is link to his latest patreon video where he and his mom find it funny that they are deceiving Michael's viewers.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19

HeyLetsGoState

Chatty Member
I wish Mike could be more honest and forth coming.
A simple, "As you know, I was quite excited for the Galactic Starcruiser. However, like many of us, the last two+ years have forced us to reevaluate our financials and be more fiscally prudent at times. While I would love to go and would have been honored to be on the media list to check it out, at this time, like many of you I cannot afford to spend that money on this experience. I do look forward to seeing the experience through the eyes of others and maybe one day will be fortunate enough to gp"

There - you admit you want to go but you can't. You try & con your stans. Everyone wins

Reactions: 18

starri

VIP Member
Mike may have the worst case of arrested development out of any of the vloggers. I get that Disney can invoke a childlike joy in a lot of adults, and hell, I'm a childless, married 40-something at the stage of my life where I can afford to buy myself the childhood I didn't get. So I understand that. But Mike is childish. He doesn't want to engage with Disney as an adult experiencing nostalgia for a more innocent time, while still remaining an adult. He wants to experience it AS an eight-year-old.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

PeanutButterCup28

Chatty Member
Ok, fellow sleuths…..around the 29:27 mark and a few seconds after he pans across from his dessert to his mom’s and there is a phone on the table that gets a text. I paused and screenshotted a few times and it looks like it’s his mom’s phone because it has a picture of her (unless his wallpaper has a picture of her 🥴) and the image of the person texting looks like their dad? But it’s blurry and hard to see and you can’t see what the text says but maybe someone better at tech can see it!?
I think the text was from Dave saying he made it safely to Ireland, but he's super dehydrated because he's been wandering the streets for hours, but still can't find a Starbucks to get some free triple filtered water.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

putaspellonyou101

First time posting. I have been watching the steady decline of Michael's channel-as a subscriber and Patreon. The saddest part is how he can not seem to accept the fact that the real turning point was his cruise video from last year. I am sure it is eating him alive that he is not on the media list anymore because that was such a huge accomplishment to him...and with comments like "I have better things to do", he won't be invited back anytime soon. I wish he could just be honest with less vaguebooking. His move to Florida brought success he couldn't handle and he went from a normal vlogger to some amped up-at times hysterical and inappropriate YouTube personality. Between the bath video and the Disney cruise fiasco- I can't imagine he will ever become who he hoped he would at this point.

FORMERstan

Hi, long time lurker, first time commenter here. That's me using my full name and likeness in the second comment. I definitely fell into his trap a LONG time ago, but once I started learning about the deception, I no longer supported his channel or anything to do with him. I've been here and on GG lurking for a while. I woke up yesterday and chose violence, hence the comment lol

• Heart

TikiMeerkat

The review of the Castaway lunch gave me a stroke.

“[the Olaf cup] pays for itself pretty fast,” he says, explaining how he refilled it with a drink that’s free in the first place.

“The burger... little bit on the dry side. They’re cooking things really thoroughly.”

“Garlic aioli, this was recently discovered here at Serenity Bay. Out of this world amazing.”

“The bun somehow throws off the amazing taste of this hot dog... the outside [of the hot dog] is very nice and thick, you can really feel the feedback as you bite into it.”

“The brownie almost tastes like — (smug smirk) ready for this flavor profile? — tastes like the cone of an ice cream cone. Like, with hints of it. ...you almost don’t expect it, you have to search for it in your flavor palate.”

This video was truly like watching a man go mad. The way he describes food like he’s slurping it through an insect appendage and has never tasted things as a human before. The way his breath labors as he scampers around insisting he’s relaxed. The way he explains how he uses the walkie talkies, shows a second small bed in the stateroom, and implies he’s trying someone else’s food while pretending he’s alone the entire time. That double chin footage as he orders the entire menu at Enchanted Garden. The way the video title says “secret” places but there is nothing secret about anything he does.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

TikiMeerkat

I’m a little late with this, but here’s Michael’s Cruise Comparison Bingo! I’m sure there’s an official comparison video coming after the livestream.

A88FAF1D-382F-4352-870A-0E8683857F80.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

T-Rexx

Chatty Member
Ben Shapiro is plainly anti-gay. https://www.glaad.org/gap/ben-shapiro BS and his band of idiot followers think that winning an argument is done by speed talking while saying anything and everything. His basic argumentation tactic consists of interrupting and hogging the available time while sputtering nonsense at an Olympic pace. I canceled BS (great initials for that idiot) years ago -- he's a dumbass even without the prejudice. Michael promoting BS is very much in keeping with Michael's own low character.

Michael hiding his mommy behind planters is not going to resurrect his youtube career. First, hiding Mommy wasn't HIS programming idea. It was OUR criticism of what he was doing. We sleuthed that he was traveling with mommy and reported it. Michael was not programming a mystery, his intent was the exact opposite, he was trying to hide mommy because Mommy is Michael's money shot. As I mentioned a while ago, if you want mommy, you have to pay up. It is typical michael, however, dishonest, disingenuous, disturbing, and despicable. Second, Michael's content is boring, repetitive, and uniquely uninteresting. Trying to make uninteresting content more interesting by nesting within an uninteresting mystery is like adding Splenda to ice cream, it might appeal to some demented and sad minds, but it makes a reasonable person laugh and point.

TikiMeerkat

After watching the video, I think Michael was not alone on the cruise (likely with his mother) but was definitely alone in his stateroom. He says “it’s just us” so no need to separate the bed in his stateroom which others have said implies a second person, but Michael uses “we” to refer to himself and the viewer all the time. So I think “it’s just us” means Michael and the viewer. Which is fucking weird, but there you go. He also said the same thing after the surfing thing — he asks the camera “did you see us?” when it was literally only him. Very weird, but it’s a combo of the Royal Kay We and some sort of creepy attempt at a mind meld with the viewer.

Also want to point out that Adam Hattan has met up with friends on cruises who didn’t want to be seen or heard on camera, and he accommodated that very naturally. He straight up said “I’ll be having dinner with a friend who doesn’t want to be in the vlog, so if you notice any weird angles or editing, I’m doing that to protect the person’s privacy.” And guess what? It worked fine, and no one cared. It’s so much weirder to have someone with you but pretend to be alone.