Mia Maples

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really need to rave for a second because I have absolutely loved Mia’s content recently! All the wedding videos, thrifting, DIY, secondhand items, home renovation. It’s so wholesome. I enjoy every video she puts out. How she taught herself to use the sewing machine and made the bridesmaid dresses and Tate’s bridesman shirt! 🥹 And she tries so many other crafts / baking / upcycling. She often seems to promote better themes than a lot of channels now which are driven towards ‘viral’ trends and mindless consumerism; and when Mia has done videos based around buying a lot of clothing or similar, she shows how she donates it and such. There was definitely a time when she did more videos involving fast fashion or Wish etc. because they were and still are very popular but recently she seems to do more returned items, or items from ‘high end brands’ with whacky or maximalist clothing / shoes that are really fun to see because it’s not something ‘average Joe’ can purchase. She also talks about getting things from independent creators off Etsy a lot too.

She puts effort into the content she’s making. A lot of the content lately has been about her real life, her wedding and her home(s) (how many properties does she even have at this point lmao!?). She seems to have so much passion for what she’s creating and it’s wonderful to see. She’s been on YouTube since she was 14 and to see her thrive in her life and YT career makes me really happy for her. I’m a fair bit older than Mia at almost 30 but she inspires me. When I compare Mia’s content to some of the other channels I’m still subscribed to (Jazzybum and Sophie Louise for example) there is just no comparison anymore.

A lot of channels which used to really interest me now churn out the same boring ‘viral’ content once a week (or less!) whereas Mia seems to put out more interesting and engaging content as time passes. She’s a gem. Okay I’m done fan-girling now lmao. I’m really interested to see what direction her channel takes after we’ve seen all the wedding content!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The countdown to her wedding dress reveal is on! So intrigued to see how all of these DIY elements of the wedding are going to come together. The gingham bridesmaid dresses, the frog nails, Chip’s little green bow tie…! 🥹
38AFC43F-4B66-452A-8502-A80744B36425.jpeg

Reactions: 4
I really want to love the dress, I do. It’s just not what I envisioned at all!? Looking through Teuta’s IG there are sooo many gorgeous, ethereal dresses that would look incredible on Mia. The one Teuta made for her just seems to fall incredibly flat compared to their other creations. I also can’t help but think that pure white doesn’t flatter her fair skin. I wonder if Mia actually loved it or if she felt beholden to wear it due to it being made and gifted to her? Mind you, if that was the case I imagine she wouldn’t have made a video about it at all and would have probably gotten a different dress. I really don’t see her wearing a dress she didn’t actually like when she’s been very particular about all her wedding details.

If Mia was happy with her dress, ultimately that’s the main thing.

Reactions: 2
Okay. I’m crying.
Me too! What a beautiful wedding! 😭 Their words to each other were so full of support and adoration. That first dance looked so fun too! Oh there’s so much I could say. I’m just so happy for them. I wish them a long and happy life together. 🥹🥹

Reactions: 4
Now we can see the setting and little details of the wedding, I actually think her dress is perfect for the day. Looked like it was a beautiful day, no idea how they each got through their vows without blubbing!

Reactions: 5
Did they say where the wedding was? I thought she said it was a destination wedding somewhere hot, so I was picturing a beach setting, quite surprised it was so green.

They looked really happy, its so nice to see a couple that look so joyous on their wedding day

Did they say where the wedding was? I thought she said it was a destination wedding somewhere hot
I wondered if it was to totally throw off anyone who might have been stupid enough to try looking for potential wedding locations, although she was already married by the time the dress video went up so I’m not sure now.

Now we can see the setting and little details of the wedding, I actually think her dress is perfect for the day.
Same! I was just thinking that after I posted my other comment but didn’t come back to add it. Take back everything I said about the dress previously.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sorry is she having a laugh with her newest video on trying Kardashian remakes? 😂

They all looked absolutely tit and the price was extortionate 😂😂😂

Is the exciting reveal in the extra video going to be a haircut then? Cos in the thumbnail for the donut video her hair has got to have been cut, surely! 💇🏼‍♀️ Maybe she’s donated it somewhere like the Princess Trust or similar! She’s talked before about ‘cutting her hair’ and then taken like an inch off 😆

I also really want donuts now after that vid 🤤🍩

Reactions: 2
Double post cos this thread isn’t very active but I looooove her hair! Looks so 80’s and cute. Well done her for having courage to chop it off all in one go so that she could donate it! 🥰

Reactions: 1
I feel ridiculous, I fully cried at Mia’s thank you video. She always seems so authentic and I really adore her family and how supportive they have been and still are of her dream. 🥹 So many YouTubers that I watched ‘back in the day’ ended up becoming people I couldn’t relate to anymore and didn’t enjoy watching after they found ‘fame’ and got rich. I don’t think I’m her target demographic at 30 but there’s just something about her and her videos that is so comforting. I love the relationship she has with her mum especially. I’m really happy for her that her parents supported her dream and helped her to pursue what was important to her.

Reactions: 5
Do we know if her mum is working for her? She always seems to be around on filming days even when she doesn't feature in the video and they share the office with two desks next to each other. Mia doesn't do as many ads as other Youtubers, so it would probably make sense to employ her mum instead of a management even though I always thought her parents were full-time house flippers because of the many houses they own and the staging furniture that they store.

Do we know if her mum is working for her? She always seems to be around on filming days even when she doesn't feature in the video and they share the office with two desks next to each other. Mia doesn't do as many ads as other Youtubers, so it would probably make sense to employ her mum instead of a management even though I always thought her parents were full-time house flippers because of the many houses they own and the staging furniture that they store.
I think she must do. I know her mum was once a dentist/dental hygienist. It must be a lovely feeling to be able to create a well paid job for your parent as they approach retirement.

Reactions: 1