Mel Robbins

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone watch her? https://www.youtube.com/@melrobbins/videos

She's been annoying me for a while, but this vid about toxic work environments pushed me over the edge to make a thread on her today. I didn't even watch the whole thing tbh, and I clicked out after a few mins.

Her advice is so unrealistic, condescending, and disregards nuance. "Just go to HR" or walk down the hall and confront them? Is that a joke? In what reality does she live in, where that ends well? HR is there to protect the company, not the employees, and 9/10 they will protect the boss over the lower ranked employee (unless it's something blatantly illegal or egregious). 😂 Best case scenario, HR does something, and then what? Well now you've pissed your boss off even more.

It really shows how she hasn't had a job in a long time, and how detached she is from the real world.

I also have a problem with how she victim blames people a lot of the time. No, Mel, you cannot just change a toxic office environment with "positive energy." 🤦‍♀️ It's almost insulting watching her vids sometimes.