Meggan Grubb

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They could definitely pursue a civil action against the neighbour through their pet insurance and sue them for the costs of the vet fees, cremation, distress and inconvenience, and even for the costs of purchasing another cat (yes, unbelievably!)

But unfortunately in these circumstances they definitely cannot pursue any criminal action through the police because Poppy went into the neighbour's garden which (I assume) was fenced and secured.

I think the neighbour's attitude was horrific. Megan and Niall must be absolutely devastated by their lack of remorse and uncaring response!

Reactions: 7
They could definitely pursue a civil action against the neighbour through their pet insurance and sue them for the costs of the vet fees, cremation, distress and inconvenience, and even for the costs of purchasing another cat (yes, unbelievably!)

But unfortunately in these circumstances they definitely cannot pursue any criminal action through the police because Poppy went into the neighbour's garden which (I assume) was fenced and secured.

I think the neighbour's attitude was horrific. Megan and Niall must be absolutely devastated by their lack of remorse and uncaring response!
If it was me, id also mention it to the local council dog warden. Even if they can’t do anything, it might be worth them at least getting it recorded, in case next time it isn’t just a cat. I’m not saying it’s a vicious dog before anyone says anything, but you never know. None of us know this neighbour, or his dog.

Reactions: 4
oh my god this is awful, they could have at least put her in a box or something but a bin bag like shes rubbish? Disgusting.
I know! Or even wrapped her in a towel?!? And apparently she had died at 6pm Saturday and the neighbours came round and told them the next afternoon?? Poor little thing🥺

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I can genuinely see them considering putting their house up for sale and moving after this which is so sad as they love their house but their new neighbours sound disgusting! I wouldn’t be able to live next to these people.

Reactions: 21
God that video was heartbreaking. I feel for them so much. Their neighbours are awful people.

Reactions: 8
Just sat crying at the video. Absolutely heartbreaking. Poor poppy 🥺❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That video was so hard to watch :( as an animal lover and cat owner myself, it must have been so hard to sit down and film that :( the montage at the end though tipped me right over the edge ;( so awful and I do agree yes you do always have that risk when you have outdoor cats and sadly these things can and do happen but I think it was made so much worse because of how the neighbour handled it :( to put someone’s pet in a bin bag and not tell them for nearly a day? I mean who does that? I’d be devastated if my dog did that to someone’s pet, to show some empathy and a bit of remorse wouldn’t have brought her back or changed things but would have made things a bit easier I’m sure :( this upset me when I heard the news the other week for a few days and now I feel so sad again for them :(

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The neighbours sound vile. Yes, it was an accident, and awful accident. But they could have been a lot more sympathetic. And they could have treated Poppy with more respect. They knew she was loved and cared for. The least they could have done is look after her. Wrap her in a towel or something.

I definitely think that will be the hardest thing for them to deal with going forward.

Reactions: 10
That video really got me, I feel so bad for the pair of them. The way it happened makes the whole thing 100 times worse. I’m also shocked that the neighbour has behaved in such a terrible way. Left her in a bin bag over night, saying he had zero remorse, are you freaking kidding me? I would absolutely be worried about Basil and Bluebell living next door to them.

Reactions: 14
I can't even watch the video ..... I saw the thumbnail and that even made me cry. Awful

Oh I’m so heartbroken for them, seeing them cry especially Meggan 💔 I think they will sell up in the not to distant future, I can’t see them wanting to stay living there next door to that C**t. It was a tragic accident, greyhounds are prey animals but any dog could of done the same, it’s how he handled it. Poppy belonged to someone, a family that loved her, she was not trash and he treated her like that. Utter scum. I don’t know him and I hate him.

Reactions: 11
That video broke my heart. You could see how absolutely devastated they both were. Pets truly are family.

I can’t imagine having to live right next door to that man now. It’s so unfortunate because I know they love that house, but I wonder if they’ll consider moving now. I would feel so unsafe letting my little dogs outside just in case either they get through the fence or the other dog does, knowing that the neighbour is so uncaring about keeping anyone else’s pets safe. I’m glad they were able to warn their other neighbours and hopefully Bluebell and Basil stay safe.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That video was so sad, their neighbour sounds like an absolute prick. Poor Poppy, the way the neighbours treated her was awful.

Reactions: 2
Just watched the video and was already crying 10 seconds in. I’ve lost cats to accidents before and it’s just horrible. It’s hard to lose a pet when they reach old age but it’s even worse when they are killed when they are still young and have a life ahead of them. The neighbours sound like vile people, also if they had seen Poppy in their garden why the duck didn’t they say something if they knew their dog was likely to chase her? It’s just common courtesy surely?! Ugh selfish pricks.

Reactions: 16
Just watched the video and was already crying 10 seconds in. I’ve lost cats to accidents before and it’s just horrible. It’s hard to lose a pet when they reach old age but it’s even worse when they are killed when they are still young and have a life ahead of them. The neighbours sound like vile people, also if they had seen Poppy in their garden why the duck didn’t they say something if they knew their dog was likely to chase her? It’s just common courtesy surely?! Ugh selfish pricks.
I know, I’d be so bloody angry, it would have given Meg and Niall the choice of either building a chattery in the garden, putting Poppy in Wales with her mum, keeping her in or deciding to still allow her out, but I’m pretty bloody sure if they knew that dog was likely to catch and kill her they would have done something!! Vile scum. I’d be heartbroken knowing I’d sold my house to him.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Must be so scary for the other cat owners around the neighbourhood now as well… because it’s very hard to suddenly make your outdoor cat an indoor cat or stop your cat from going somewhere :(

Reactions: 6
I agree, sounds like they knew their dog had a tendency to chase after cats and small animals, they’d clearly seen Poppy in their garden so the right thing to do would be to warn people nearby so they could make the call to keep letting their cars out of keep them in etc! I imagine had they been away they’d have kept her in and then this never would have happened! I still can’t get over the fact their neighbours behaved so disgustingly. It baffles me that people with so little compassion even own pets….and don’t have the ability to show any remorse for what’s happens! I don’t know if I could live next to someone like that but they love that house and so why should they have to up sticks and move :/ I wouldn’t blame them if they did though!

Reactions: 6
I agree, sounds like they knew their dog had a tendency to chase after cats and small animals, they’d clearly seen Poppy in their garden so the right thing to do would be to warn people nearby so they could make the call to keep letting their cars out of keep them in etc! I imagine had they been away they’d have kept her in and then this never would have happened! I still can’t get over the fact their neighbours behaved so disgustingly. It baffles me that people with so little compassion even own pets….and don’t have the ability to show any remorse for what’s happens! I don’t know if I could live next to someone like that but they love that house and so why should they have to up sticks and move :/ I wouldn’t blame them if they did though!
Sadly a lot of people see cats as nothing more than vermin. They probably knew what was going to happen and seemingly had no remorse at all.