Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

popcorntime

New member
As someone who has gone through 4 miscarriages and loss in 2nd trimester, IVF and 6 years of fertility I have found her unbearable since her pregnancy announcement. And now the smug smug posts about everything being perfect. I just cannot with this woman. She's banging on like she's the only person in the world to have ever had a baby. Insufferable attitude and have unfollowed her. This isn't real life folks! She is utterly cringe.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Bunnyface

New member
It’s lovely that she’s having a perfect time but I don’t really get the logic behind needing to share that to support others who might be in the same boat. It’s like saying ‘I know some people have struggled to conceive for years and had multiple miscarriages’ but I haven’t and my story is also valid. You don’t really need that kind of support when everything is perfect, but when you are in the ‘trenches’ as it can be, with a baby with reflux who won’t be put down, struggling to breastfeed, no mat pay, no village etc then posts like these might make a horrible and lonely situation feel worse.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

pommobear

VIP Member
TBH I think there is a certain type of personality absolutely desperate to prove they can still live their previous life after they have kids. In my experience you simply can't. If you're lucky enough not to have a colicky newborn who is a good sleeper then maybe yes, in those early days it's easy enough to do the things you did before as they are non mobile and asleep most of the time. But I think it would take a very strange type of person not to experience an absolutely seismic emotional shift after having a baby. It fundamentally changes you. Maybe if you aren't a very sensitive person it doesn't do that but I have had three babies and honestly find it impossible to understand how you could *not* be overwhelmed after having one, emotionally if nothing else. Certainly it's most noticeable with the first but I've had it after each of mine. And my youngest was a dream as a newborn! He has just turned two now and those days are long gone 😬
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10

HumphreyB

VIP Member
They all end up the same don’t they? You find someone somewhat interesting and you follow or dip in and out of their page and then they become full blown instahunz and pricks all at the same time.
she posts full on bikini wearing photos and then moans when people comment. Do you know when the last time I posted a full bikini pic? Never in my life because I’m not an attention seeking twat desperate for the approval of strangers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10

Anotherct

VIP Member
Really fucks me off that people who clearly don’t need freebies, get freebies. She’s spending money like no tomorrow so why does she need free baby items?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9

hannah1799

Active member
All 3 of my babies were golden the first 3 weeks. They just fed and slept and barely cried. Then all of a sudden at 3 weeks the fussiness and crying started and peaked at 8 weeks. She has no idea. I’ve had to unfollow can’t bare the smugness any longer
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9
She’s literally 10 days in! She’s got no fucking clue but thinks she’s an expert. It does not feel like this a few months down the line. It’s not easy, it’s not always fun. Even with the best baby and all the help in the world the realism for most mums is it’s tough, yes there is joy but there are lots of really hard times. I love my kids, love being a mum but I would not want to go back to the newborn years.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
On a side note, I wish Claire had her own thread because she’s now dishing out advice on home schooling which would be fine but she can’t even spell the word potato “potatoe”
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

Anotherct

VIP Member
I feel for anyone struggling with fertility that follows meg, she wasnt even sure she wanted kids and now she's popped one out and everything is perfect
This is me. We’ve been TTC with no luck 🙃 not given up hope yet though and I take everything she says with a pinch of salt.
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 8

AnvilGone

New member
I'm finding something quite distasteful about her story calling out a follower for being irritated by her woe is me home to a million packages post. It's a very thoughtful message which isn't at all rude. If these packages aren't gifted/ PR she's hugely lucky to be in a financial position to buy so much stuff brand new. She's also just returned from a luxury holiday. She can do what she likes with her money, but she can't expect people to sympathise with her having to open parcels which she has herself ordered...
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
Women that document every single second of pregnancy, share countless photos of their gut then get annoyed when people ask if they’ve had the baby 🙄
 
  • Like
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

Marza

VIP Member
Does she ever tire off being so cool. Everything is a breeze. And whats all the incessant giggling at everything the mother says? Shes not that funny 🙄
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I think this sort of content is so damaging to new mothers. I remember my first few weeks as a mum and I was lucky, a good birth, support, getting out with my baby but her experience is on a whole other level. It can’t last but even if it’s not perfect I doubt she’ll share the reality. She seems desperately competitive to have the perfect new mother experience
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
I do think there’s no excuse for a press trip in this day and age which is exclusively thin white blonde girls. Absolutely no representation at all and clearly no thought or care from anyone. It’s embarrassing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7