Mediocre instagrammers/influencers paying a publicist?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've noticed that lots of very mediocre instagrammers seem to have some very big 'clients' and collaborations on instagram. These all seem to be women that have rich husbands so it does seem something that would be an option for them. The Bourne sisters (Hattie and Mallory), Kristy Green and Brogan Hall are ones that immediately spring to mind.

Do you think some of them do go the publicist/PR route to kick start their career? It often seems the content these types of instagrammers produce isn't interesting and doesn't have a vast amount of interaction in relation to their follower amount.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section; I really wasn't sure where to put it!

My friend is active on Instagram but not a full influencer (<6k followers) and he has been featured in a lot of magazines and newspapers. He says himself that his publicist has x100 his audience from when her first started so has been worth paying for.

Reactions: 1
My friend is active on Instagram but not a full influencer (<6k followers) and he has been featured in a lot of magazines and newspapers. He says himself that his publicist has x100 his audience from when her first started so has been worth paying for.
Out of interest how much do publicists charge for that kind of thing?

I had a look at prices for the one he uses there’s actually no clear info on prices just a wishy washy “contact us for fee arrangements. “

He is also on their testimonial page 😂 .

Reactions: 1
I’m guessing people with money use a publicist for their businesses too. Someone that I know has started a business and has appeared on TV talking about it, been on various podcasts, and in lots of magazine and news articles. It’s a good business idea but there are others doing the same and they don’t seem to have had the publicity.