McFly, Busted and Wives #2 All About The McMoney!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
See hitting my late 20’s and early 30’s I’ve realised they weren’t ever particularly great songwriters. A lot of their lyrics are really quite cringe and basic when I look back. The instrumentals are fine but lyrically they’re pretty weak in places.

Mcfly lucked out with a deal on a major label straight away and a place on an arena tour playing to 12K a night for three week . They didn’t really have to work all that hard for success. They never had to deal with playing a pub on a Friday night to three people or deal with any kind of major rejection.

They’re now simply capitalising on the current millennial nostalgia train(even though it still baffles me that people are nostalgic for mcfly of all bands) which is why I think YDT somewhat failed. I don’t think it came from the heart. They’re stuck in 2007/8 and it wouldn’t surprise me if they did one more album and tour before calling it quits again. They haven’t moved with the times MTA proves this.

I know dougie has had his issues with mental health and addiction but I think he needs a project all of his own rather than being so reliant on McFly. He could do some mentoring for younger musicians or get into producing. Just something he can call his own.
The first album was inspired by 60s surf rock, but as their sound developed, I feel like the writing improved as well

I wouldn't say YDT was a flop because they charted at number 2 (behind AC/DC)...but I don't think it's their best album. The same can be said for a lot of bands. Eg blink 182 at their prime compared to now with albums like California. Bands these days are stuck in the "should we go back to our original sound for nostalgia or try to fit into current charts"

See hitting my late 20’s and early 30’s I’ve realised they weren’t ever particularly great songwriters. A lot of their lyrics are really quite cringe and basic when I look back. The instrumentals are fine but lyrically they’re pretty weak in places.

Mcfly lucked out with a deal on a major label straight away and a place on an arena tour playing to 12K a night for three week . They didn’t really have to work all that hard for success. They never had to deal with playing a pub on a Friday night to three people or deal with any kind of major rejection.

They’re now simply capitalising on the current millennial nostalgia train(even though it still baffles me that people are nostalgic for mcfly of all bands) which is why I think YDT somewhat failed. I don’t think it came from the heart. They’re stuck in 2007/8 and it wouldn’t surprise me if they did one more album and tour before calling it quits again. They haven’t moved with the times MTA proves this.

I know dougie has had his issues with mental health and addiction but I think he needs a project all of his own rather than being so reliant on McFly. He could do some mentoring for younger musicians or get into producing. Just something he can call his own.
They were very lucky Busted split, has they not I don’t think they would of done so well. I can remember back then Busted fans were very meh over McFly but then obviously attached themselves to them when Busted ended

Reactions: 10
They were very lucky Busted split, has they not I don’t think they would of done so well. I can remember back then Busted fans were very meh over McFly but then obviously attached themselves to them when Busted ended
Completely agree

I've always thought Matt and James should have got a replacement for Charlie and carried on. The band were still in the early days. If the replacement was a young, good looking guy with a similar deep voice to Charlie's and decent musician, I'm sure the fans wouldn't of cared about it being someone different after a while

Reactions: 10

this is true. they got their record deal around the time when you traditionally got one through having a bunch of good enough songs and a management deal. it was a manufactured process however tom and danny were actually writing the songs along with james bourne under the management which was already affiliated with universal through Busted's previous signing. I always believed Take That did a brilliant return with patience, shine etc in 2006 and that whole album was showing the return of Men in their 30s and the songs were great. I think if mcfly had had that same mature approach with YDT then they would have had a more credible return. harry and dougie wearing snap backs on stage is just a bit silly.

Reactions: 3
He's so ignorant. He says stuff like that then wonders why so many people dislike him

Reactions: 12
What does Izzy do as a job now? She was a musician, then she had an online store and now...?

Reactions: 1
Mummy influencer/SAHM?

The latter is perfectly fine however I'm not keen on parents exploiting their kids on social media, especially for money.

Maybe I'm being harsh but she gave her violinist career up pretty quickly once she was engaged/married - possibly even dating.

She had no experience but launched her twee online shop in a saturated market knowing that McFly fans would support it and line her pockets. A privileged woman playing at having a job until she had children and an excuse not to work.

Not that parenting isn't work but it was kind of obvious she was marking time until babies came along. There was very little risk with her starting her business as presumably Harry's salary was supporting them during this time. She got to call herself a business owner/entrepreneur, reselling expensive sourced/curated items 🤔🙄🤣

Then it was onto Z-list author (following in the Fletchers' footsteps) and a whole new monetised identity based on her 'infertility struggles' which I found distasteful. She didn't struggle that hard or for that long compared to many and had the privilege of family support and wealth to aid the process. I think it was discovered it was only Lola they had difficulty conceiving (born within 3yrs of their marriage) and the following pregnancies were straightforward - yet she was still playing on her *fertility journey* well into the 3rd pregnancy.

I also dislike all the mindfulness/children's mindfulness. It's just another thing to shill and keep her name out there. Sorry!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Mummy influencer/SAHM?

The latter is perfectly fine however I'm not keen on parents exploiting their kids on social media, especially for money.

Maybe I'm being harsh but she gave her violinist career up pretty quickly once she was engaged/married - possibly even dating.

She had no experience but launched her twee online shop in a saturated market knowing that McFly fans would support it and line her pockets. A privileged woman playing at having a job until she had children and an excuse not to work.

Not that parenting isn't work but it was kind of obvious she was marking time until babies came along. There was very little risk with her starting her business as presumably Harry's salary was supporting them during this time. She got to call herself a business owner/entrepreneur, reselling expensive sourced/curated items 🤔🙄🤣

Then it was onto Z-list author (following in the Fletchers' footsteps) and a whole new monetised identity based on her 'infertility struggles' which I found distasteful. She didn't struggle that hard or for that long compared to many and had the privilege of family support and wealth to aid the process. I think it was discovered it was only Lola they had difficulty conceiving (born within 3yrs of their marriage) and the following pregnancies were straightforward - yet she was still playing on her *fertility journey* well into the 3rd pregnancy.

I also dislike all the mindfulness/children's mindfulness. It's just another thing to shill and keep her name out there. Sorry!
Spot on, all this mindfulness bullshit but not so mindful about her children's privacy.

Reactions: 9
Giovanna is definitely the most annoying of the wives. She's always trying to be centre of attention

Georgia is constantly complaining about cooper and being a mum, but will happily use him for ads

Izzy is the least annoying. But the violin posts need to stop

I'm guessing Dougie is single again after his relationship with Maddy ended

Reactions: 6
I don’t judge Izzy for being a stay at home mum but I judge the tit out of her for how much she exploits her children online. The final straw for me was the other week when she was saying (and shared pictures of) about how Kit is still not dry at night/wearing pull ups. My eldest son was born on the same day as Kit and I could not imagine posting something like that about him online. They’re at school for gods sake!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I don’t judge Izzy for being a stay at home mum but I judge the tit out of her for how much she exploits her children online. The final straw for me was the other week when she was saying (and shared pictures of) about how Kit is still not dry at night/wearing pull ups. My eldest son was born on the same day as Kit and I could not imagine posting something like that about him online. They’re at school for gods sake!
The mums who overshare want the engagement on their page, and the ads. They fail to see the big picture. Imagine growing up knowing there's embarrassing videos about you that have been around since before you can remember

When you can't bring in views as a solo artist so you have to cling onto the past and lie

Lmao James give it up

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Saw Matt Willis in Waitress this week and 😍
Never seen the show before but thought he was pretty good!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Anyone here in James discord? The stuff he's saying comes across as desperate (eg telling people to comment on his announcement tweet "so it looks like people care")

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Anyone here in James discord? The stuff he's saying comes across as desperate (eg telling people to comment on his announcement tweet "so it looks like people care")
I think James has taken the end of the second go around with Busted way worse than the first time, he seems to be deep into a midlife crisis and just can’t let go. You’d think he would have learned the first time around how fleeting it all is. Where’s Matt seems to have taken it all in his stride, was happy with what he got but made plans with his acting to move on to.

Reactions: 8
I think James has taken the end of the second go around with Busted way worse than the first time, he seems to be deep into a midlife crisis and just can’t let go. You’d think he would have learned the first time around how fleeting it all is. Where’s Matt seems to have taken it all in his stride, was happy with what he got but made plans with his acting to move on to.
I heard it was Matt who had wanted the split this time, to focus on his acting instead? Or at least that he wanted a break from Busted to do that. I think I read here or somewhere else that he had mentioned that on a podcast or something (?)

Reactions: 2
I heard it was Matt who had wanted the split this time, to focus on his acting instead? Or at least that he wanted a break from Busted to do that. I think I read here or somewhere else that he had mentioned that on a podcast or something (?)
Their latest music wasn't really going anywhere anyway tbh. The new stuff isn't memorable

Reactions: 4
I enjoyed halfway there as it felt like a natural follow on from a present for everyone but I just feel like busted and mcfly arent popular anymore and I don't feel like they make music for the fans anymore (looking at you, mcfly)

I was a massive fan of both but I gravitate towards their old music as that's what I loved them for.

Reactions: 4