Mason’s Cavies Inspirational or Cruel?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So there exists a page on Facebook called Mason’s Cavies. On the surface it all looks very cute and nice. Who wouldn’t enjoy watching masses of guinea pigs squealing for dinner?

But delve a bit deeper and the page is extremely problematic.

First of all, the shed is not fit for purpose. It doesn’t meet the required space for the amount of animals in it. When it comes to guinea pigs levels and platforms don’t count towards the minimum space. This is because once they all congregate one level then their needs are not being met. And guinea pigs aren’t gonna naturally space themselves out.

Secondly, the owner of MC adds new animals to her personal herd without ever observing quarantine. This should be done for a minimum of 2 weeks to avoid infectious outbreaks

and what does she have? Mass outbreaks of disease that result in a lot of deaths. But this is explained away as ‘normal’ in big herds. It isn’t!

Finally, this person constantly begs for money. Fair play to her, it’s resulted in her being able to buy a house. No issue would be taken with this except it’s through ill gotten gains.

And then there’s the claims of bullying that are actually just people pointing out the truth.

And all at the expense of those who run actual rescues who are struggling to support the unwanted or surrendered animals they care for. She has the nerve to say they attack/bully her whilst she’s sitting on her pile of money that’s pays for her PETS!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
To me she’s a textbook hoarder who only has her pigs to make her money.
she’s trying to start up a rescue which makes me feel sick when her set up isn’t adequate at all.
She encourages her followers to bully people who call her out too

• Heart
Reactions: 2
To me she’s a textbook hoarder who only has her pigs to make her money.
she’s trying to start up a rescue which makes me feel sick when her set up isn’t adequate at all.
She encourages her followers to bully people who call her out too
She is a hoarder through and through. Has an excuse for everything. She’ll never be a rescue though. Doesn’t have what it takes. More likely the second shed will just become a second herd. If they ever build it. I believe the old shed is being set up for Mark as a workshop.

• Heart
Animal hoarding, like so many so called ‘rescues’.
If a pet shop has that many pigs in one space there would be an uproar.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Animal hoarding, like so many so called ‘rescues’.
If a pet shop has that many pigs in one space there would be an uproar.
Sadly many masquerade as rescues. But the ones she attacks and focuses on are reputable rescues. And causes her followers to attack on mass.

I have a massive issue with the fact she uses her platform to gain money at the expense of real rescues/sanctuaries (labelling them and anyone who calls out her poor care as haters). She could use that platform to do so much good for guinea pigs across the country. Instead she creates drama to further con people into giving her money for her personal herd.

Reactions: 1
We hate it, I did some short term work for an actual rescue and the damage she’s done is ridiculous. Started getting influxes of huge groups of pigs that obviously had been shoved in a shed with no thought, major injuries and diseases. Trying to explain to people that’s not correct is so hard

• Sad
This woman is a total danger. Her videos pop up as recommended for me a lot because I follow other guinea pig stuff. She's clearly using them to make money without a thought for welfare, slagging off proper charities so people give to her instead.

Reactions: 4
What pisses me off, is the same people who witch about pets at home (or any pet shop selling pigs tbh) are the same people who are applauding these pair for undeniable cruelty/neglect.

I don't all of those pigs she has are neutered/same sex either.

She’s popped up a video saying masons is her job? Sorry but collecting animals and expecting to gain subscribers to find your animals is not a job!
it is hoarding!! If you cannot afford washing powder and disinfectant for the animals then why do you own them? This woman has some serious issues!

• Wow
She came up on my TT feed and I showed my OH but then I realised that they're all just confined in that shed, they don't seem to have any outside space at all!

She’s popped up a video saying masons is her job? Sorry but collecting animals and expecting to gain subscribers to find your animals is not a job!
it is hoarding!! If you cannot afford washing powder and disinfectant for the animals then why do you own them? This woman has some serious issues!
I have no issues with people setting up accounts for their dog/cat/horse/guinea pig (I follow a few) but absolutely not when the animals are clearly being abused/neglected

And if they cannot cover the basics, then they need to duck off

Twats
---
She came up on my TT feed and I showed my OH but then I realised that they're all just confined in that shed, they don't seem to have any outside space at all!
Can't begin to imagine how hot that shed must be
Poor soda

She could claim it’s her job if she actually created any content. Instead she pops on live to witch about something, show about 30 seconds of footage of the animals and then casually mentions something she needs… but remember, she never begs! The whole thing is such a sham!

I don’t for one second believe she needs money to buy washing powder, she just doesn’t want to use her OWN money to do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So apparently there is a new page ‘not’ created by them calling out another page dedicated to exposing not only them but others in the animal world that get funds by conning people or just straight up manipulating people to make themselves look like victims.

I’ve had a quick look and going by who the players are on this new page, it’s totally them!

Sophie even just posted something along the lines of ‘I knew I’d get blamed for this page’ despite the fact nobody has said anything of the sort.

Clearly not going how she expected so she just had to comment to make herself relevant in the discussion! 🤣

• Haha
So apparently there is a new page ‘not’ created by them calling out another page dedicated to exposing not only them but others in the animal world that get funds by conning people or just straight up manipulating people to make themselves look like victims.

I’ve had a quick look and going by who the players are on this new page, it’s totally them!

Sophie even just posted something along the lines of ‘I knew I’d get blamed for this page’ despite the fact nobody has said anything of the sort.

Clearly not going how she expected so she just had to comment to make herself relevant in the discussion! 🤣
Clearly batshit then 😆😆😆

Firstly shes a con artist and not a good person by any stretch - nothing quite adds up with anything she says. Im not sure if its intentional or just the way she is but I get the feeling she has an online persona and an offline one who I would assume isnt very nice.

Then youve got a bunch of random people who have made a whole family of fake accounts/aliases to argue with them on the internet - do you not find its strange they all seem to run a form of animal rescue then latch onto other rescue who gets abit of publicity therefore gets some monetary gain from it?
Just screams green eyed monster - cannot fatholm how they can be mad at another rescue for raising money for improvements, benefiting animals or anything which could make an animals life better.

Firstly shes a con artist and not a good person by any stretch - nothing quite adds up with anything she says. Im not sure if its intentional or just the way she is but I get the feeling she has an online persona and an offline one who I would assume isnt very nice.

Then youve got a bunch of random people who have made a whole family of fake accounts/aliases to argue with them on the internet - do you not find its strange they all seem to run a form of animal rescue then latch onto other rescue who gets abit of publicity therefore gets some monetary gain from it?
Just screams green eyed monster - cannot fatholm how they can be mad at another rescue for raising money for improvements, benefiting animals or anything which could make an animals life better.
But Sophie isn’t a rescue, she’s literally got people paying for her pets that she’s acquired from pet shops, breeders, sales and fans of hers. That’s the issue. She’s been claiming she wants to become a rescue for years. Tens of thousands of pounds and a nice new house later and the rescue is still nowhere to be seen.

Why does this apply to her though and no other animal influence on the internet that recieve payment?

I dont particularly like her as I said. Just think you've got to keep the same sort of mentality for anyone who recieved or benefits with money which involved animals and theres hundreds of pages doing the same - for some reason people love to throw money at influencers for no real reason - you cant stop them though, its the beauty of free choice.