Martha - Marthashappilyeverafter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's too funny that as soon as someone wrote that their new home is rented Josh has a rant on his stories about Tattle and Martha comments on here 😂
Josh should be permanently banned from Instagram anyway for having the user name "mrhappilyeverafter" 🤮
Comments on here about wanting privacy for her children, yet this weekend posts a photo of her son's bedroom 🤔
It’s absolutely hilarious that they clearly didn’t want to disclose they were renting 🤣🤣🤣 (I’m a renter btw so no beef here) but it’s not exactly the picturesque dream she was selling is it haha. Actually think the whole thing is quite embarrassing 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 7
100%! Is there absolute proof it’s rented ? It seems a bit silly they would do this and not expect people to find out ? Why doesn’t she just mention it , so many comments gushing about how they can’t wait to see what she does with it , I find it all a little odd?

Reactions: 2
Someone should comment on her post..
What are the rules and regulations of redecorating in a rental hun?
I'm a homeowner, but just the cost of maintenance on a modest sized victorian terrace bleeds us dry. Never mind being bothered to wallpaper and paint rooms like trying on dresses in a changing room. I hate interiors accounts with their gifted renovations. It's so unrealistic and you'd be in an insane amount of debt if you were impressionable enough to try to keep up with all the fads instagram interiors promote. Never mind the harm to the environment. Her account is geared to make followers consume, consume, consume. While she remains savvy. Notice how she moves around the same insta props around in her pics?.
The pink luggy
The small rug
The palm plant
Very clever she knows exactly what she's doing but she's got a goal and she's found the easiest and laziest way to get there.

Reactions: 6
Let’s be realistic if they had bought they would be ripping that twee bathroom to bits - not painting it an equally twee blue, especially given how practical Josh is.

I don’t blame them, they needed to move, the previous place was small for four growing children, only two rooms downstairs, and the bedrooms weren’t massive.

Their furniture really doesn’t match the new house though....

Reactions: 7
Let’s be realistic if they had bought they would be ripping that twee bathroom to bits - not painting it an equally twee blue, especially given how practical Josh is.

I don’t blame them, they needed to move, the previous place was small for four growing children, only two rooms downstairs, and the bedrooms weren’t massive.

Their furniture really doesn’t match the new house though....
She'll start begging soon I'm sure. Maybe the argos collaboration will need to end though

Ah yes the aspirational Argos furniture in the beautiful old house, can’t wait to see that one! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don’t get how she get so many “collaborations” with such big brands? She has a small following that never seems to grow, her content is boring as hell and her engagement on her posts (esp the ads) is low. Yet she has Argos, Next, Very, Audi etc working with her...?

Reactions: 6
Her engagement is quite good which often they look for over massive followings. Plus she’s not opinionated, so perhaps a safe bet. Unless you go over to “mrhappilyeverafter” and maybe not quite so squeaky clean...

Does she have management does anyone know? That will be the next step I’d imagine.

Reactions: 5
Ah so they did sell. I thought they might have rented it out to stay on the property ladder, to make some ÂŁ to put towards her rent on the new place.

Her engagement is quite good which often they look for over massive followings. Plus she’s not opinionated, so perhaps a safe bet. Unless you go over to “mrhappilyeverafter” and maybe not quite so squeaky clean...

Does she have management does anyone know? That will be the next step I’d imagine.
Looking at her recent ads, her last Argos post had just less then 1000k likes and Little Dish had 700. Doesn’t seem great to me 🤷‍♀️

Yes you’re right, she got nearly 5k likes for a pic of the new garden but only 1k for a Matalan ad in Feb so mayyyybe its the algorithm getting wise to it... or people just don’t like forced content #ads.

The amount of likes are definitely increasing now with the new house, so its certainly brought a breath of fresh air to her content as she will have hoped.

Reactions: 4
Well the fact they bought their last house off a family member explains why there was no for sale listing for it, but you can see when it sold to them and the price on Right Move. I think it takes around 3 months for sold properties to appear on there - so they could have sold it privately again.

I’m assuming they didn’t want anyone to know, hence why they have done everything very quietly. Wouldn’t it make more sense for them to rent out their old house if they are renting the new one? Again, this could have been done privately. I don’t know what the market is like in Silverstone but I know around here a lot of rentals will never make it to Rightmove as the letting agents will already have a list of people looking for a certain property and will call them when something comes in. Also, with their parents living in the village it could be their new house was a friend of theirs or something and they mentioned they were downsizing and renting it out, they’ve mentioned it to Martha and so on.

Although they weren’t so secretive last time, their old old house went on Rightmove.

Reactions: 3
Also, (sorry I’m getting more pissed off about this whole thing since she came on here telling us what to do) look at these comments on her moving. Completely implying they have sold/bought. So shady.
But how do we know 100% that she hasn’t sold or had a complete mare trying to complete mid pandemic and it’s fallen apart so has had to rent?

We agreed our sale the week before Christmas, moved out into rented the week before lockdown and completed on the sale of our house in April I think. So now we are in rented looking to buy again, we are looking to buy in a city which is very competitive so although this is all a pain in the arse and expensive it puts us in a good position to buy. All this to say it’s all very complicated, they could have done something for all different reasons and I doubt we’ll ever know! I don’t think we know 100% that they are renting do we? She’s always said it’s her and the Mr’s dream to do a barn conversion so maybe this is it or it’s an in between before the perfect fixer upper/ forever home comes up

Reactions: 3
I used to follow Martha years ago until she started getting so achingly "instagram influencer" about it all.

I do agree with a previous poster that it is all none of our business but these people make it our business. They sell and monetise their lives, their children's lives, the very sofa they sit on and sheets they sleep between. You can't do that without opening your whole life to speculation and criticism as well as admiration and adulation.

If Martha was our colleague or neighbour or former school pal, we might say to our OH or mum "I wonder if they're renting?" and it would be of very little interest to a few people. But as she's a stranger who spatchcocks her own life online for profit to tens of thousands of other strangers, there are more people discussing it.

I think a lot of us are cheesed off about influencers and feel like we can comment critically and dissect their "product" - and the fact that the product is their children's childhood is their choice - because our money goes to support them indirectly if we use the brands.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.