Marriage: the good, bad and the ugly

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn’t find a thread about marriage on here, sorry if there is! Just wanted to have a space to vent into the void really.

I hope to find likeminded people who can relate and share advice with. I’ve joined a few groups on FB and with any slight issue, it’s “they’re a narcissist, leave them!” When it could just be a lack of communication issue that needs to be corrected.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
What a great idea hope the thread takes off I will definately be joining in

• Heart
Reactions: 4
What a great idea hope the thread takes off I will definately be joining in
Thank you! I’m glad that you like. I just wanted a space where people could vent about their marriages/relationships without everyone jumping to “leave” or “narcissist” because their partner doesn’t listen sometimes for example lol. Obviously there are instances where that should be the case, but it’s not always as straightforward to just leave or people may not want to? We’re here to support everyone no matter what 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Didn't really know where to put this. Been with my husband since our teens I'm 40 this year he's a little older. We're finally at the stage where we can leave the kids with family for longer periods so have booked a festival this summer. Before kids we were both into festivals, I said 'yeah book it' hoping I would get in to it but honestly... I can't think of anything I want to do less! He's so excited (music is a big part of his personality) how do I tell him?. We still do gigs etc. I just feel like I've moved past that part of my life but hate to draw a line under something we built our relationship on 😔.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Didn't really know where to put this. Been with my husband since our teens I'm 40 this year he's a little older. We're finally at the stage where we can leave the kids with family for longer periods so have booked a festival this summer. Before kids we were both into festivals, I said 'yeah book it' hoping I would get in to it but honestly... I can't think of anything I want to do less! He's so excited (music is a big part of his personality) how do I tell him?. We still do gigs etc. I just feel like I've moved past that part of my life but hate to draw a line under something we built our relationship on 😔.
Do you 100% not want to go or do you feel like you could go, try to enjoy it, and afterwards say 'that was ok but I think Im done with festivals, I would prefer to stick with gigs'?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Do you 100% not want to go or do you feel like you could go, try to enjoy it, and afterwards say 'that was ok but I think Im done with festivals, I would prefer to stick with gigs'?
Good idea I suppose I should try. There are bands I want to see. I'm just over the whole day drinking, crap food, shared amenities 😆.

I suppose if it gets right down to the date and I'm still not keen I could suggest he takes a friend. Thank you for responding.

• Heart
Reactions: 1