Marriage breakdown trying to be amicable

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have came to the end of the road with my marriage. Nothing major has happened recently but it has been a series of small events over the past few years that has grounded me down to the point that i feel that i am constantly walking on eggshells and I’m just finding life is tough. It shouldn‘t be. My husband has horrible mood swings and won’t do anything about it. Every week, without fail, there is a night of not talking or going to bed early in a huff. His mum died last February and I totally get the grief cycle as I lost my parents when I was young but this is not a new thing, this has been going on for years but increasing in frequency. We have one daughter and Im beginning to see this impacting her. In my mind, life is too short to be unhappy.

That being said. Has anyone had experience of telling their parent that they want to separate where there hasn’t been infidentiality? Also, any tips about separating but remaining in the home for financial reasons until a more permanent solution is put in place?

i personally think that he will be a bit shocked but he is very full of himself. out of his friendship group, one friend has separated from his wife and another is someone who hasn’t settled down and is like jack the lad.

to be honest, I’ve said above no infidentility that i know of but he works away a lot and can be secretive with his phone. I recently found a sock in my washing which is a girls one that i know is not mine or my daughters but i haven’t confronted him as I want to accumulate more solid evidence. My daughter goes to a childminder so it could be something that has came into the house that way. I just want to ensure i get my ducks in a row

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don't know what advice I can give but I ended my marriage almost 10 years ago.
We carried on living together for another 10 months.
I moved into the spare room.
However, we didn't have kids together so it made things a little easier.

I guess a lot depends on how he reacts too.
My ex said he "expected it" and he couldn't have been less bothered to be honest 😂
Which just resssured me that I made the right decision!
There was no infidelity either.
It just didn't feel like a relationship. He wasn't interested at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 1