Marlena Stell

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn't find a thread on her, so I'm starting one here. ;)

I just find it to be a little awkward that she still does YouTube vids. Yes, I know, she was one of the OG "beauty gurus" and I get that...but she's just not bringing anything new to the table.

For example, this video was like the #CaptainObvious of all videos:

Like I'm pretty sure most people already knew about all of those marketing tactics, and it was a bit embarrassing (for her) how she thought she was bringing new information to the table. 😬 Viewers/the Audience aren't the same as they were in the early 2010s...we're much more informed now, so influencers need to stop talking to us in a condescending tone like we've never heard of this stuff.

This "Toxicity" video was another example of the cringe-fest that has become her channel:

As if she's not toxic at all for letting her life get out of control, and other people are to blame for most of her issues. 🙄 Plus this theme of "toxicity" is, again, so outdated. It also seemed really unprofessional...like she was making it a little too personal there and dropping hints about her actual life. And she seems really dramatic and aggressive with her delivery all the time, like she's yelling at her audience. It's really off-putting.

Reactions: 1
I'm not a regular viewer but I just came across a video in which she claims not to have any filler in her lips, yet her upper lip is basically immobile and stretched taut, without any of the lines she has in her bottom lip and sides. Can that be true? I don't know her and don't know if she is trustworthy.
---
... I just scrolled through her videos and realized that she is Makeup Geek. 😅 I didn't even recognize her, she looks so different. And of course, her mouth is not natural. Geez. I agree, she seems to be stuck in the past.

Last edited: