Manifestation - anything you want in this world you can have if you dream, believe, achieve and receive.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Usually the people pushing it are from quite privileged backgrounds - making success more likely anyway. It does sometimes feel like a cult - has anyone ever listened to The Lively Show?
I still follow tobemagnetic (Lacy Philips) on insta which seems slightly more sensible (you’re allowed to have negative thoughts without guilt!) but don’t think I’d pay to be a member.

these women must make a lot of money from the manifestation courses they run...
Rochelle Fox got into this crap I think too and does "courses."

Didn't Noel Edmonds promote this way of thinking, with cosmic ordering? Load of shite.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
This sounds similar to one of my friends. She believed she had met her “twin flame”... he didn’t agree! They had a one night stand (both were very clear it was a one off), but then she started believing he was her soul mate. She was also addicted to psychics or other “awakened” people who just fuelled her beliefs. She would say to me that she would be thinking of him at 11:11 and it was a sign... I’d say “yeah, the clocks do tend to signal the time like that?!” She became obsessed and it went on for years until his family contacted hers and told her to back off or they would get the police involved.
Since all this, she became “awakened”, and I just couldn’t talk to her anymore. She has said she believes that bad things happen to people who don’t share the same beliefs as her, as they weren’t able to “manifest” because they didn’t truly believe. That was just too much for me.
I actually believe that this new awakening/manifestation stuff is dangerous. It can take over people’s lives in such a negative and destructive way. Certainly influencers shouldn’t be talking about it
It definitely is unhealthy and dangerous and imo exploits vulnerable people like your friend. I've heard that 11:11 crap and think wtf is going on in these people's heads 😂😂

Reactions: 5
If we can "manifest" things, does that mean children deserve abuse, domestic violence survivors deserved it, people who get cancer got it for being too negative?

I've been told that by being around negative people and thinking negatively leads to negative outcomes and you have to change your mindset to all positive. I know people who are happy, good people who have terrible luck in their lives and vice versa. Manifesting just is not realistic and, quite frankly... dangerous...
100% this. There’s no escaping the fact that the ideology suggests that innocent people who are in bad situations only have themselves to blame. I bet a lot of the believers are so privileged that they don’t even consider how these people factor in

I do think there’s something to be said about a positive mindset - people do have success in writing positivity diaries and reading affirmations. Personally I’ve backed away from some toxic relationships and find that I’m feeling so much better for it in general. But that’s helpful to mental health, it’s not magic and won’t completely change your life

I feel like the whole manifestation thing is just another move to the popularisation of pseudoscience. People are now doubting vaccines and modern medicine, and believing that veganism, essential oils and crystals can heal anything. At least those forms of alternative medicine were tangible I guess? Now it’s going toward “my mum believed she could walk and that was what healed her” :rolleyes: No idea who the women in the video are but what a pair of morons. Many people with disabilities / illnesses / other issues must have been watching and feeling like tit

• Heart
Reactions: 6
A close friend got addicted to manifesting and law of attraction to get her ex back. She got addicted to psychics who told her to practice law of attraction and told her to talk to mirrors, imagine her sitting with and kissing him and being in his company, keep positive and many many ridiculous things and said to her if she thought of him too much or thought negatively about the situation he wouldn't be back. She held on to this for months and months for - you guessed it! - him to never come back. It is very dangerous.

If we can "manifest" things, does that mean children deserve abuse, domestic violence survivors deserved it, people who get cancer got it for being too negative?

I've been told that by being around negative people and thinking negatively leads to negative outcomes and you have to change your mindset to all positive. I know people who are happy, good people who have terrible luck in their lives and vice versa. Manifesting just is not realistic and, quite frankly... dangerous...
This is something I have a real problem with... much like a cult, these Manifestation gurus and “psychics” prey on vulnerable people, often those who are in financial hardship or have recently experienced an emotional trauma like your friend. They see someone who is searching for comfort or reassurance or a way out of their situation and present themselves as the solution to all their problems, usually with a price tag attached. They are nothing but snake oil salesmen.

• Heart
What a load of crap. Isn't this damaging by setting people up for disappointment and failure?

Influencers seem to get annoyed that people are calling BS on this - Plouise video below.

For lots of successful people luck plays a huge part in it, but they don't like to admit this as they want to believe it's all down to hard work and anyone that isn't as successful as them didn't work hard enough.

There's only room for a few at the top of the pyramid, you can't just dream about something and manifest that into reality.

View attachment 169205
If I could manifest anything this easily my MIL would have went to her eternal life a long time ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
66CDB1E4-AC12-43FE-A701-6DDBC5E3AD08.jpeg

Just saw this on insta - have a read of the description write up as it’s very interesting x

Reactions: 2
We were discussing how dangerous this mind set can be over on the Elle Darby thread. I'm all for positivity attracts positivity, but dreaming of owning a range rover, without working hard and saving, does not mean you will own a range rover.
I think manifestation along with anxiety are the 2020 buzz words, everyone's doing it or has it.
I got sucked in shortly after having my first baby, even went as far as buying crystals to help... I needed a doctor not a rose bloody quartz!
I spoke to a very old school midwife, who was trained in hypnobirthing. Im a keen yogi so I knew it was something I would be doing in preperation for birth, this midwife told me that yes hypno has many benefits but it also sets women up for failure. If you don't breathe your baby out, some feel they did something wrong. I ended up with an emergency c section, I know I'm rambling but it's very similar. Believing so hard your going to get what your manifesting, there's no support for when you don't achieve.

Also, I read the secret and when it said that you should be grateful for the opportunity to exercise once your car is stolen (true story) it went in the drawer.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
We were discussing how dangerous this mind set can be over on the Elle Darby thread. I'm all for positivity attracts positivity, but dreaming of owning a range rover, without working hard and saving, does not mean you will own a range rover.
I think manifestation along with anxiety are the 2020 buzz words, everyone's doing it or has it.
I got sucked in shortly after having my first baby, even went as far as buying crystals to help... I needed a doctor not a rose bloody quartz!
I spoke to a very old school midwife, who was trained in hypnobirthing. Im a keen yogi so I knew it was something I would be doing in preperation for birth, this midwife told me that yes hypno has many benefits but it also sets women up for failure. If you don't breathe your baby out, some feel they did something wrong. I ended up with an emergency c section, I know I'm rambling but it's very similar. Believing so hard your going to get what your manifesting, there's no support for when you don't achieve.

Also, I read the secret and when it said that you should be grateful for the opportunity to exercise once your car is stolen (true story) it went in the drawer.
I also got sucked in after my first baby. I was all over the place with no routine, no sleep, comfort eating. I thought it was the answer to my problems. It wasn’t!!

Has anyone else noticed that the people who get into all this manifestation bollocks, generally did at a time when they were going through difficulties/hardships/struggles in their lives?? It’s usually pushed on people who are vulnerable and they then believe that they will find some sort of answer to their problems, or believe that the person who introduces them is the answer to their problems

I also got sucked in after my first baby. I was all over the place with no routine, no sleep, comfort eating. I thought it was the answer to my problems. It wasn’t!!
I think I was looking for a solution, and this was definitely not the one. I laugh now when I think back to how seriously I took it, but it wasn't healthy.

Reactions: 4
Googled to find this thread. Omg I’m so glad other people find this so annoying! It’s all over my YouTube recommended. Loads of young lifestyle YouTubers telling us to take a few hours between filming ourselves making açai bowls and topping up the lip filler to imagine our own white range rovers into existence. Come on guys, imagine yourself out of being poor! All seems to to stem from that book they secret’, which is okay but is that same regurgitated self help advice in different words. Basically have goals and believe in yourself.

I do get it, having someone else say it to you in the form of a book/video can a kick up the arse to remember, but these girls have taken it way too far and it’s so patronising!!

Has anyone else noticed that the people who get into all this manifestation bollocks, generally did at a time when they were going through difficulties/hardships/struggles in their lives?? It’s usually pushed on people who are vulnerable and they then believe that they will find some sort of answer to their problems, or believe that the person who introduces them is the answer to their problems
It’s the same as cults, they just target people who are weak. There should be tougher restrictions on this rubbish imo

This is literally the biggest pile of tit. A girl on my insta posted today about manifesting a water machine (kangen, also a bunch of garbage).
She posted how she manifested it into her life back in Feb, she dreamed it was already in her kitchen, she dreamed she was already giving the water to her family, she believes she already had it and now she owns one.
Like wtf no witch you went online, put your card details in and ordered one to your door?? It didn’t magically appear in your life because you dreamed it did.

• Haha
This is literally the biggest pile of tit. A girl on my insta posted today about manifesting a water machine (kangen, also a bunch of garbage).
She posted how she manifested it into her life back in Feb, she dreamed it was already in her kitchen, she dreamed she was already giving the water to her family, she believes she already had it and now she owns one.
Like wtf no witch you went online, put your card details in and ordered one to your door?? It didn’t magically appear in your life because you dreamed it did.
The last bit made me laugh 😂😂😂
If you can apparently manifest water, it makes you wonder why all these third world countries are struggling hey?! Maybe this dick head could share her magical powers with them?!

• Heart
The last bit made me laugh 😂😂😂
If you can apparently manifest water, it makes you wonder why all these third world countries are struggling hey?! Maybe this dick head could share her magical powers with them?!
I know, I’m pretty sure people in drought stricken countries in Africa want the water more than you, but it hasn’t magically appeared to them
Even worse it’s an £800 water machine that “purifys” water. Apparently regular water is BAD for you, it actually dehydrates you and only this magical water is good for you!! No you paid almost a grand for a bleeping Brita filter.
Of corse she is also anti vax and the water is “proven” to kill Coronavirus so she just sprays water on her hands instead of hand sanitizer.

• Haha
I know, I’m pretty sure people in drought stricken countries in Africa want the water more than you, but it hasn’t magically appeared to them
Even worse it’s an £800 water machine that “purifys” water. Apparently regular water is BAD for you, it actually dehydrates you and only this magical water is good for you!! No you paid almost a grand for a bleeping Brita filter.
Of corse she is also anti vax and the water is “proven” to kill Coronavirus so she just sprays water on her hands instead of hand sanitizer.
😂😂😂😂😂 Who is this person?!!! I absolutely need to follow her! She seems to have all the answers 😂😂

• Haha
View attachment 174949

Just saw this on insta - have a read of the description write up as it’s very interesting x
It sounds lovely in theory but that one about the ego, lol. I feel like a lot of these ‘manifesters’ have some of the biggest ego’s going with the way they are SO SURE it works and and try to convince the rest of us to get on their crazy train.

These are the same kind of people who do the whole ‘healing crystals’ thing, right? It seems like such a childish mentality to think that if you want something all you have to do is imagine having it and then it miraculously appears in your life at some point. That is literally how a child sees the world. I can’t. This is worse than healing crystals and the obsession with numbers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
You’ve summed it up so perfectly 😂 Do nothing but sit in your house and wait and see how long it takes the universe to bring these things