Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
What a load of crap. Isn't this damaging by setting people up for disappointment and failure?

Influencers seem to get annoyed that people are calling BS on this - Plouise video below.

For lots of successful people luck plays a huge part in it, but they don't like to admit this as they want to believe it's all down to hard work and anyone that isn't as successful as them didn't work hard enough.

There's only room for a few at the top of the pyramid, you can't just dream about something and manifest that into reality.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

AnnaJ

A close friend got addicted to manifesting and law of attraction to get her ex back. She got addicted to psychics who told her to practice law of attraction and told her to talk to mirrors, imagine her sitting with and kissing him and being in his company, keep positive and many many ridiculous things and said to her if she thought of him too much or thought negatively about the situation he wouldn't be back. She held on to this for months and months for - you guessed it! - him to never come back. It is very dangerous.

If we can "manifest" things, does that mean children deserve abuse, domestic violence survivors deserved it, people who get cancer got it for being too negative?

I've been told that by being around negative people and thinking negatively leads to negative outcomes and you have to change your mindset to all positive. I know people who are happy, good people who have terrible luck in their lives and vice versa. Manifesting just is not realistic and, quite frankly... dangerous...

Reactions: 14

bxiley

'People who aren't grateful for the situation they're in' yet she was online telling everyone that if they look out the window and they're happy with their current view, they're not dreaming big enough. Which is it?

• Wow
Reactions: 12

Bostonxx

VIP Member
Don't even get me started on her saying manifestation is what healed her mum. Cause it's 110% not.

• Angry

bxiley

Of course optimism is important for staying sane and motivated, to push you to continue working hard. That is what is most likely going to get you to your goal. Working hard. And hard work doesn't even always guarantee success, realistically, a lot of it does come down to sheer luck. But these people see a correlation between ~mAnIfEsTaTiOn~ and success, and declare that they thought/spoke their dream into a reality. Are parents who can't afford to feed their children not manifesting hard enough? Are terminally-ill cancer patients not manifesting hard enough? Please. It's so ignorant and simple-minded. It's okay to acknowledge that your hard work coincided with extreme luck and to be aware of and grateful for that.

Why did Paige bother taking out a huge bank loan to start the academy, when she could have simply thought and manifested it into production instead? Wasn't it her nan who got the loan, anyway? So somebody without a family member willing to do that, wouldn't have been able to achieve the same things as Paige has. So manifestation is bullshit and totally refuses to acknowledge the very real privileges and money you often need to succeed.

'My mum is walking proof that manifestation is real'. Say that to somebody who has lost a loved one to terminal illness. Tell them they didn't manifest properly. I dare you.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
If this was true I'd be a millionaire living in Ibiza with Boxer from white lines as that's all I've been dreaming off lately.

I hate this mindset that all you need is positive thinking or a bit of hard work. Life doesn't always work out like that.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
We were discussing how dangerous this mind set can be over on the Elle Darby thread. I'm all for positivity attracts positivity, but dreaming of owning a range rover, without working hard and saving, does not mean you will own a range rover.
I think manifestation along with anxiety are the 2020 buzz words, everyone's doing it or has it.
I got sucked in shortly after having my first baby, even went as far as buying crystals to help... I needed a doctor not a rose bloody quartz!
I spoke to a very old school midwife, who was trained in hypnobirthing. Im a keen yogi so I knew it was something I would be doing in preperation for birth, this midwife told me that yes hypno has many benefits but it also sets women up for failure. If you don't breathe your baby out, some feel they did something wrong. I ended up with an emergency c section, I know I'm rambling but it's very similar. Believing so hard your going to get what your manifesting, there's no support for when you don't achieve.

Also, I read the secret and when it said that you should be grateful for the opportunity to exercise once your car is stolen (true story) it went in the drawer.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

Bostonxx

VIP Member
I'm gonna start manifesting my money comes form
her bank account. When it happens we are all getting Lamborghinis & new tits

If this was true I'd be a millionaire living in Ibiza with Boxer from white lines as that's all I've been dreaming off lately.

I hate this mindset that all you need is positive thinking or a bit of hard work. Life doesn't always work out like that.
I loved white lines 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
What a load of crap. Isn't this damaging by setting people up for disappointment and failure?

Influencers seem to get annoyed that people are calling BS on this - Plouise video below.

For lots of successful people luck plays a huge part in it, but they don't like to admit this as they want to believe it's all down to hard work and anyone that isn't as successful as them didn't work hard enough.

There's only room for a few at the top of the pyramid, you can't just dream about something and manifest that into reality.

View attachment 169205
If I could manifest anything this easily my MIL would have went to her eternal life a long time ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Bostonxx

VIP Member
It really bugs me. Of course it's healthy and normal to have goals for our futures but all these manifestation people just make me think they are never truly content. I couldn't imagine living my life always wanting more. It's like getting a car and saying "next I'll be getting a better car" just enjoy what you have right now & make moves in silent. Nobody needs to know you spend hours before bed chatting to yourself in the mirror, righting lists and repeating them out loud. It's weird as fuck. They all read the secret and think they are gurus.

'People who aren't grateful for the situation they're in' yet she was online telling everyone that if they look out the window and they're happy with their current view, they're not dreaming big enough. Which is it?
Exactly it's raining of course I don't love it but it rains everywhere eventually.

Reactions: 7

Wishing1990

Chatty Member
A close friend got addicted to manifesting and law of attraction to get her ex back. She got addicted to psychics who told her to practice law of attraction and told her to talk to mirrors, imagine her sitting with and kissing him and being in his company, keep positive and many many ridiculous things and said to her if she thought of him too much or thought negatively about the situation he wouldn't be back. She held on to this for months and months for - you guessed it! - him to never come back. It is very dangerous.

If we can "manifest" things, does that mean children deserve abuse, domestic violence survivors deserved it, people who get cancer got it for being too negative?

I've been told that by being around negative people and thinking negatively leads to negative outcomes and you have to change your mindset to all positive. I know people who are happy, good people who have terrible luck in their lives and vice versa. Manifesting just is not realistic and, quite frankly... dangerous...
This sounds similar to one of my friends. She believed she had met her “twin flame”... he didn’t agree! They had a one night stand (both were very clear it was a one off), but then she started believing he was her soul mate. She was also addicted to psychics or other “awakened” people who just fuelled her beliefs. She would say to me that she would be thinking of him at 11:11 and it was a sign... I’d say “yeah, the clocks do tend to signal the time like that?!” She became obsessed and it went on for years until his family contacted hers and told her to back off or they would get the police involved.
Since all this, she became “awakened”, and I just couldn’t talk to her anymore. She has said she believes that bad things happen to people who don’t share the same beliefs as her, as they weren’t able to “manifest” because they didn’t truly believe. That was just too much for me.
I actually believe that this new awakening/manifestation stuff is dangerous. It can take over people’s lives in such a negative and destructive way. Certainly influencers shouldn’t be talking about it

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

chocolate choux

VIP Member

100% this. There’s no escaping the fact that the ideology suggests that innocent people who are in bad situations only have themselves to blame. I bet a lot of the believers are so privileged that they don’t even consider how these people factor in

I do think there’s something to be said about a positive mindset - people do have success in writing positivity diaries and reading affirmations. Personally I’ve backed away from some toxic relationships and find that I’m feeling so much better for it in general. But that’s helpful to mental health, it’s not magic and won’t completely change your life

I feel like the whole manifestation thing is just another move to the popularisation of pseudoscience. People are now doubting vaccines and modern medicine, and believing that veganism, essential oils and crystals can heal anything. At least those forms of alternative medicine were tangible I guess? Now it’s going toward “my mum believed she could walk and that was what healed her” :rolleyes: No idea who the women in the video are but what a pair of morons. Many people with disabilities / illnesses / other issues must have been watching and feeling like shit

• Heart

Wishing1990

Chatty Member
Has anyone noticed that these manifestation people - the “awakened” they like to (condescendingly) call themselves, are SO pushy with it?? I have a friend who got into this a couple of years ago and it’s like a cult! She talks about nothing else and is constantly trying to get others on board with it. I mean, I have another friend who’s catholic, but she doesn’t go on about Jesus every time I see her! I literally can’t have a conversation with my “awakened” friend anymore and have had arguments with her about her insensitivity to other people.

• Heart

ThreeSteaksPam

Chatty Member

This is something I have a real problem with... much like a cult, these Manifestation gurus and “psychics” prey on vulnerable people, often those who are in financial hardship or have recently experienced an emotional trauma like your friend. They see someone who is searching for comfort or reassurance or a way out of their situation and present themselves as the solution to all their problems, usually with a price tag attached. They are nothing but snake oil salesmen.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

openbook1

VIP Member
So basically they've rebranded "The Secret" / "Law of Attraction."

This manifestation bullshit is what a lot of people that work for MLM's preach about.

hnoz

VIP Member
This is literally the biggest pile of shit. A girl on my insta posted today about manifesting a water machine (kangen, also a bunch of garbage).
She posted how she manifested it into her life back in Feb, she dreamed it was already in her kitchen, she dreamed she was already giving the water to her family, she believes she already had it and now she owns one.
Like wtf no bitch you went online, put your card details in and ordered one to your door?? It didn’t magically appear in your life because you dreamed it did.

• Haha

AnnaJ

This sounds similar to one of my friends. She believed she had met her “twin flame”... he didn’t agree! They had a one night stand (both were very clear it was a one off), but then she started believing he was her soul mate. She was also addicted to psychics or other “awakened” people who just fuelled her beliefs. She would say to me that she would be thinking of him at 11:11 and it was a sign... I’d say “yeah, the clocks do tend to signal the time like that?!” She became obsessed and it went on for years until his family contacted hers and told her to back off or they would get the police involved.
Since all this, she became “awakened”, and I just couldn’t talk to her anymore. She has said she believes that bad things happen to people who don’t share the same beliefs as her, as they weren’t able to “manifest” because they didn’t truly believe. That was just too much for me.
I actually believe that this new awakening/manifestation stuff is dangerous. It can take over people’s lives in such a negative and destructive way. Certainly influencers shouldn’t be talking about it
It definitely is unhealthy and dangerous and imo exploits vulnerable people like your friend. I've heard that 11:11 crap and think wtf is going on in these people's heads 😂😂

LaLa247

Chatty Member
Googled to find this thread. Omg I’m so glad other people find this so annoying! It’s all over my YouTube recommended. Loads of young lifestyle YouTubers telling us to take a few hours between filming ourselves making açai bowls and topping up the lip filler to imagine our own white range rovers into existence. Come on guys, imagine yourself out of being poor! All seems to to stem from that book they secret’, which is okay but is that same regurgitated self help advice in different words. Basically have goals and believe in yourself.

I do get it, having someone else say it to you in the form of a book/video can a kick up the arse to remember, but these girls have taken it way too far and it’s so patronising!!

hrh89

VIP Member
I don’t get this at all and I keep seeing it everywhere. Sitting at home wishing won’t make stuff happen you have to go out and get it. Are these people mental or what

Reactions: 4