Manifestation - anything you want in this world you can have if you dream, believe, achieve and receive.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

What a load of crap. Isn't this damaging by setting people up for disappointment and failure?

Influencers seem to get annoyed that people are calling BS on this - Plouise video below.

For lots of successful people luck plays a huge part in it, but they don't like to admit this as they want to believe it's all down to hard work and anyone that isn't as successful as them didn't work hard enough.

There's only room for a few at the top of the pyramid, you can't just dream about something and manifest that into reality.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
'People who aren't grateful for the situation they're in' yet she was online telling everyone that if they look out the window and they're happy with their current view, they're not dreaming big enough. Which is it?

• Wow
Reactions: 12
It really bugs me. Of course it's healthy and normal to have goals for our futures but all these manifestation people just make me think they are never truly content. I couldn't imagine living my life always wanting more. It's like getting a car and saying "next I'll be getting a better car" just enjoy what you have right now & make moves in silent. Nobody needs to know you spend hours before bed chatting to yourself in the mirror, righting lists and repeating them out loud. It's weird as duck. They all read the secret and think they are gurus.

'People who aren't grateful for the situation they're in' yet she was online telling everyone that if they look out the window and they're happy with their current view, they're not dreaming big enough. Which is it?
Exactly it's raining of course I don't love it but it rains everywhere eventually.

Reactions: 7

Yel

Of course it's healthy and normal to have goals for our futures but all these manifestation people just make me think they are never truly content. I couldn't imagine living my life always wanting more.
Exaclty. It's good to have goals and ambitions in life.

But these manifestation people it's usually about having more material things and chanting them in front of a mirror to make them magically appear.

Reactions: 4
Of course optimism is important for staying sane and motivated, to push you to continue working hard. That is what is most likely going to get you to your goal. Working hard. And hard work doesn't even always guarantee success, realistically, a lot of it does come down to sheer luck. But these people see a correlation between ~mAnIfEsTaTiOn~ and success, and declare that they thought/spoke their dream into a reality. Are parents who can't afford to feed their children not manifesting hard enough? Are terminally-ill cancer patients not manifesting hard enough? Please. It's so ignorant and simple-minded. It's okay to acknowledge that your hard work coincided with extreme luck and to be aware of and grateful for that.

Why did Paige bother taking out a huge bank loan to start the academy, when she could have simply thought and manifested it into production instead? Wasn't it her nan who got the loan, anyway? So somebody without a family member willing to do that, wouldn't have been able to achieve the same things as Paige has. So manifestation is bullshit and totally refuses to acknowledge the very real privileges and money you often need to succeed.

'My mum is walking proof that manifestation is real'. Say that to somebody who has lost a loved one to terminal illness. Tell them they didn't manifest properly. I dare you.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Don't even get me started on her saying manifestation is what healed her mum. Cause it's 110% not.

• Angry
Has anyone noticed that these manifestation people - the “awakened” they like to (condescendingly) call themselves, are SO pushy with it?? I have a friend who got into this a couple of years ago and it’s like a cult! She talks about nothing else and is constantly trying to get others on board with it. I mean, I have another friend who’s catholic, but she doesn’t go on about Jesus every time I see her! I literally can’t have a conversation with my “awakened” friend anymore and have had arguments with her about her insensitivity to other people.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I don’t get this at all and I keep seeing it everywhere. Sitting at home wishing won’t make stuff happen you have to go out and get it. Are these people mental or what

If this was true I'd be a millionaire living in Ibiza with Boxer from white lines as that's all I've been dreaming off lately.

I hate this mindset that all you need is positive thinking or a bit of hard work. Life doesn't always work out like that.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm gonna start manifesting my money comes form
her bank account. When it happens we are all getting Lamborghinis & new tits

If this was true I'd be a millionaire living in Ibiza with Boxer from white lines as that's all I've been dreaming off lately.

I hate this mindset that all you need is positive thinking or a bit of hard work. Life doesn't always work out like that.
I loved white lines 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I thought you wanted Dom?😊

Oh god dont get me started on this BULLSHIT! Gemma Miles was on about it a few weeks ago saying its how she got her RR etc. My answer is take away all your money go and work in Asda and lets see how fast you get your RR and house then!

Reactions: 2
I thought you wanted Dom?😊

Oh god dont get me started on this BULLSHIT! Gemma Miles was on about it a few weeks ago saying its how she got her RR etc. My answer is take away all your money go and work in Asda and lets see how fast you get your RR and house then!
I do. But at the moment ibiza is calling. He's more then welcome to join me, I'm planning a harem.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
A close friend got addicted to manifesting and law of attraction to get her ex back. She got addicted to psychics who told her to practice law of attraction and told her to talk to mirrors, imagine her sitting with and kissing him and being in his company, keep positive and many many ridiculous things and said to her if she thought of him too much or thought negatively about the situation he wouldn't be back. She held on to this for months and months for - you guessed it! - him to never come back. It is very dangerous.

If we can "manifest" things, does that mean children deserve abuse, domestic violence survivors deserved it, people who get cancer got it for being too negative?

I've been told that by being around negative people and thinking negatively leads to negative outcomes and you have to change your mindset to all positive. I know people who are happy, good people who have terrible luck in their lives and vice versa. Manifesting just is not realistic and, quite frankly... dangerous...

Reactions: 14
What a load of crap. Isn't this damaging by setting people up for disappointment and failure?

Influencers seem to get annoyed that people are calling BS on this - Plouise video below.

For lots of successful people luck plays a huge part in it, but they don't like to admit this as they want to believe it's all down to hard work and anyone that isn't as successful as them didn't work hard enough.

There's only room for a few at the top of the pyramid, you can't just dream about something and manifest that into reality.

View attachment 169205
surprisingly it is only tbose who have done well who believe in this tit 🙄

It’s utter bollocks! A hugely successful marketing ploy is all it is. Can anybody remember when there used to be articles in the News of the World flogging books along the lines of “I can teach you the secrets of success,send £100 to P.O Box blah blah blah ”.......?, It’s just a dressed up version of that,an idea that gets gullible people lining the pockets of already rich people. Who has read The Secret? Flicked through it at work,I didnt learn a thing from it except figure out that the only person who had made a success from it is the author.....

Reactions: 3
A close friend got addicted to manifesting and law of attraction to get her ex back. She got addicted to psychics who told her to practice law of attraction and told her to talk to mirrors, imagine her sitting with and kissing him and being in his company, keep positive and many many ridiculous things and said to her if she thought of him too much or thought negatively about the situation he wouldn't be back. She held on to this for months and months for - you guessed it! - him to never come back. It is very dangerous.

If we can "manifest" things, does that mean children deserve abuse, domestic violence survivors deserved it, people who get cancer got it for being too negative?

I've been told that by being around negative people and thinking negatively leads to negative outcomes and you have to change your mindset to all positive. I know people who are happy, good people who have terrible luck in their lives and vice versa. Manifesting just is not realistic and, quite frankly... dangerous...
This sounds similar to one of my friends. She believed she had met her “twin flame”... he didn’t agree! They had a one night stand (both were very clear it was a one off), but then she started believing he was her soul mate. She was also addicted to psychics or other “awakened” people who just fuelled her beliefs. She would say to me that she would be thinking of him at 11:11 and it was a sign... I’d say “yeah, the clocks do tend to signal the time like that?!” She became obsessed and it went on for years until his family contacted hers and told her to back off or they would get the police involved.
Since all this, she became “awakened”, and I just couldn’t talk to her anymore. She has said she believes that bad things happen to people who don’t share the same beliefs as her, as they weren’t able to “manifest” because they didn’t truly believe. That was just too much for me.
I actually believe that this new awakening/manifestation stuff is dangerous. It can take over people’s lives in such a negative and destructive way. Certainly influencers shouldn’t be talking about it

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
So basically they've rebranded "The Secret" / "Law of Attraction."

This manifestation bullshit is what a lot of people that work for MLM's preach about.

Reactions: 5
Usually the people pushing it are from quite privileged backgrounds - making success more likely anyway. It does sometimes feel like a cult - has anyone ever listened to The Lively Show?
I still follow tobemagnetic (Lacy Philips) on insta which seems slightly more sensible (you’re allowed to have negative thoughts without guilt!) but don’t think I’d pay to be a member.

these women must make a lot of money from the manifestation courses they run...