Manchester Scene 90/Early 00

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My friend lived in moss side so basically we would wait to see when her car was actually there as kids from the estate would borrow it joy ride and bring it back it was a sunbeam stiletto 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Anyone used to go to 5th Ave? Rolling Rock was 10p a bottle on Wednesdays. And their foam parties were amazing!

Reactions: 8
Anyone used to go to 5th Ave? Rolling Rock was 10p a bottle on Wednesdays. And their foam parties were amazing!
The vodka they used on their vodka red bull deal nights was like paint stripper. I used to go to work the next morning still pissed and smelling like I’d showered in turps 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The vodka they used on their vodka red bull deal nights was like paint stripper. I used to go to work the next morning still pissed and smelling like I’d showered in turps 😂😂
Funny as duck, we had parties and there was always someone who would bring buckets full of allegedly vodka I once went blind for 2 days

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Monday nights at the Ritz - £1 including a bottle of lager roll in at 2an and still be at college for 9 on the Tuesday 😃
Could always tell when it was half term cos it was full of schoolies. I went to a gig there a few years back and the tunnel was gone. I remember spending all night sitting on the floor, being told to move walking round the dancefloor upstairs once then coming and sitting back down. I stopped going pretty much once I was 18.

Reactions: 2
Could always tell when it was half term cos it was full of schoolies. I went to a gig there a few years back and the tunnel was gone. I remember spending all night sitting on the floor, being told to move walking round the dancefloor upstairs once then coming and sitting back down. I stopped going pretty much once I was 18.
the tunnel is gone? To be fair I’ve not been there since 89 when I went off to uni. Had a few tonsil tangles in that tunnel!

the tunnel is gone? To be fair I’ve not been there since 89 when I went off to uni. Had a few tonsil tangles in that tunnel!
It went about 2010 I think. I hadn't been in since about 1999 until I went to see Best Coast in 2012. The old tunnel area is now a private function room/green room/VIP place. The whole venue is pretty much a live venue rather than a club. I moved on to the Star and Garter after abandoning the Ritz and Rock world in favour of bands who only ever did tiny EPs on indie labels and could be enjoyed with enthusiastic head bobbing.

Just popped over to this thread to congratulate you all on a magnificent city!
As Suffolk girl who lived (and clubbed) in London for many years, and now lives the quiet life in Ireland, we flew over for the Hacinda 40th WHP.
We just had the best night! first time in Manchester, i know im ashamed i left it so long.
My nearly 60 yr old legs didnt stop dancing until 1, lovely crowd, friendly , down to earth, you know how to party, we had been there since 4pm and when we left at 1am it was still rammed solid.
Believe me, if this was a London crowd, it would have thinned out ages before.
Graeme Park played a great set, Todd Terry, 808 State, k-Klass, we loved it all!
❤❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Just popped over to this thread to congratulate you all on a magnificent city!
As Suffolk girl who lived (and clubbed) in London for many years, and now lives the quiet life in Ireland, we flew over for the Hacinda 40th WHP.
We just had the best night! first time in Manchester, i know im ashamed i left it so long.
My nearly 60 yr old legs didnt stop dancing until 1, lovely crowd, friendly , down to earth, you know how to party, we had been there since 4pm and when we left at 1am it was still rammed solid.
Believe me, if this was a London crowd, it would have thinned out ages before.
Graeme Park played a great set, Todd Terry, 808 State, k-Klass, we loved it all!
❤❤
I wanted to go so badly and couldn’t …. I absolutely love our old school DJs … watching their sets online got me through a fair few nights in lockdown

❤❤

Reactions: 3
I wanted to go so badly and couldn’t …. I absolutely love our old school DJs … watching their sets online got me through a fair few nights in lockdown

❤❤
I'd like to think they will put another one on, HAC41?
My 23 yr old plays us tunes he hears at clubs he goes to in Dublin, not a patch on the old school stuff, no unity or community!

I remember going to Piccadilly 21s and Adam Rickets was on singing☹ Met my partner in Brannigans which is no longer there great times !The funniest thing to me now is watching the walkabout nightlife videos on you tube of the scenes in town these days absolute mayhem

Attachments

I remember going to Piccadilly 21s and Adam Rickets was on singing☹ Met my partner in Brannigans which is no longer there great times !The funniest thing to me now is watching the walkabout nightlife videos on you tube of the scenes in town these days absolute mayhem
Brannigans! That was a blast from the past - is that where Albert Schloss or Rev de Cuba is nowadays?

Brannigans! That was a blast from the past - is that where Albert Schloss or Rev de Cuba is nowadays?
Yeah . Not a patch on it ! flaming sambucas and red bull with vodka .none of these £13 cocktails these days

• Haha