Makeup removal methods

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is everyone’s makeup removal method? Does anyone else find it impossible to get rid of all eye makeup?

I don’t know if I’m just super lazy and incompetent but when when I really try to remove it all (I do wear liquid eyeliner and mascara) I always end up with black panda eyes the next day 👀 😂

I use Ultrabland by lush and I wear eyeliner everyday and generally foundation. I think it's great at taking stuff off and doesn't aggravate my acne.

Double cleanse, first step...oil (i use kiehls midnight recovery, buy it 20% off and it lasts 6/7 months) remove with a damp facecloth, second step, cleanse (i use kiehls rare earth cleanser) every trace of make up is gone, my skin never breaks out, its in great condition, i swear by my kiehls midnight recovery cleansing oil :)

Reactions: 2
I only really wear make up at weekends and sometimes i get drunk and go to sleep and forget oops. If I remember I have a Caudalie cleanser or use micellar water. My skin is not too bad considering I sometimes forget, I don't really break out or have many lines but at 31 I should know better!

The ysl eye makeup remover removes everything in one wipe it’s miracle stuff. Expensive but worth it.

I use the garnier micellar cleansing water on my eyes and then cleanse again with the body shop cleanser (usually either tea tree foaming cleanser or seaweed cleanser). The micellar water gets the majority of the eye makeup off but the other cleansers definitely do give a deeper clean to remove any leftover

Completely lazy and use whatever facial wipes are on offer at the moment. However the very cheap ones drag across your skin as they’re too watery so I try to see what’s on offer for a reasonable quality.

At one time I would use the whole range of say Clinique or Clarins cleanser/toner/moisturiser, an expensive faff.

Lancôme eye makeup remover (the best I’ve ever used), Clinique take the day off balm for foundation etc and then I follow up with my face wash

I use the ordinary squalane cleanser - rub it in for a while then use hot water and a flannel to get eye makeup off. Sometimes use micellar water afterwards to get the rest off. I hardly ever wear eye makeup but I think doing that every day would get a bit annoying.

I love the Simple oil cleanser. Cheap and the best way to remove makeup properly is with an oil that emulsifies

Reactions: 1
I think by now, I've used them all. It honestly just depends on how tired I am but I always remove my make up before I go to sleep.

On lazy days (basically everyday at this point) I'll just use Simple make up wipes.
However my normal routine is make up wipes first and then the Elemis cleansing balm to get all the left over stubborn make up (usually mascara) off and an exfoliation type mask or face wash. Then I'll do my serums and all that malarky but honestly I think the last time I did this full routine was in April.

Right now, its a make up wipe, moisturise and bed.

I use make up wipes. I used to love Tesco own brand but they aren't as good anymore so I've started using Primark face wipes, the pink pack or Simple/Dove when I can find them. I use micellar water every other day and then moisturise my face once all the made up is off. I've never had any trouble taking my eye make up off.

I remove my surface makeup with Simple wipes then use Garnier micellar water to remove the rest, then cleanse with La Riche Posey cleanser.

Reactions: 1
I use Elemis micellar water then double cleanse with Elemis cleansing balm or cleansing oil.

I use whatever micellar water I can find, with a cotton pad because I got sick of burning through wipes so quickly (and defo don’t recommend the ones from wilko I swear they were manufacturer’s offcuts, they tore as I wiped them across my skin and some of the wipes in the packet were just wet strips Rather than squares!)
I also use the Glossier face wash with a rose-quartz roller, it makes my skin feel really nourished and clean as it rubs in deeper than I can manage with my fingers. That one especially is helpful if I have eyeshadow or mascara on that’s particularly stubborn!
Also Chuck a bit of Vaseline moisturiser on just for the hell of it.

I don’t actually know what order I need to apply products I just chuck it all on and wipe it off afterwards hoping for the best 😆 and I only really use the face wash and roller and whatever if I’ve had a full face on... too lazy otherwise 🥴