Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Roses100

I watched her reacting to old vegan WIAT videos and it was refreshing to hear her say ‘look I was sucked into a bubble and I was trying to convince myself I felt better but I know I didn’t’

Why doesn’t she do that about the pressures of the zero waste and sustainability/minimalism movement. I 100% think sustainability is important which is why I started watching her videos in the first place but also have to say that the social media echo chamber of zero waste and ethical lifestyles etc was really damaging and terrible for my anxiety personally and for loads of people I know.

It was similar to a lot of those diet lifestyles (HCLF etc) - basically a pursuit of perfection/and how things are perceived instead of what it should have been which is people trying to make some lifestyle changes that work for them/the planet/are genuinely healthy (rather than perceived to be healthy).

Maybe she isn’t there yet but it also seems like (for a lot of people as well) moving from one pursuit of a perfect ‘lifestyle’ to another (HCLF, raw till 4, sustainability, zero waste, minimalism). The more I think about it the more I think no wonder she is exhausted and anxious - so much pressure on herself. I’d rather she just said - I don’t need a label and I do care about this stuff but maybe not in such an extreme way anymore.
Exactly. If it's affecting her mental state it's best just to be honest. Not worth getting ill over. Acknowledge and go back to basics :) I have seen other influencers admit when their sustainable habits have slipped a little for whatever reason. Her YouTube channel doesn't have any description in the about section not even vegan food recipes. It's like she's leaving her options open ;)