Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Musings30

VIP Member
Also, just caught up on tonight's episode and I can't believe how unpleasant Julian is. I actually think he's the worst type - pretends to be a nice guy but actually is a nasty piece of work who enjoys humiliating women to boost his ego. Willow should run a mile, lucky escape. He's a walking red flag. Life coach my arse.
I'm a former life coaching client of Julius's (yes, cringe ahoy) and I can confirm that he is highly unprofessional in his service. I dropped him as a life coach on account of this, and after seeing how disgustingly he treated Tabitha and India on the show. What I find astounding is the fact he sees absolutely no issue with his behaviour and how this would damage his professional image and credibility. In fact, I called him out on his behaviour on the show and how revolting I found his treatment of various women, and he patronisingly told me to "take it with a pinch of salt".

In terms of Julius's professional conduct - or lack thereof - I had various niggles with his conduct throughout the course of our (online) sessions, which I foolishly bit my tongue on but finally voiced to him after seeing his appalling behaviour on screen. He was late to the vast majority of our sessions, and would literally only notify me minutes beforehand that he would be late to our appointments by 10-30 minutes, or would ask to postpone it to a later time that day. Unbelievably, he didn't once apologise for being late or chopping and changing appointment times at a moment's notice. He would simply just ask in a cavalier manner if we could rearrange, as if his time was more valuable than mine, and his clients should have to fit around his schedule and laissez-faire approach to appointment times.

On another occasion, I confirmed a session booking with Julius over WhatsApp for the following day, but he didn't get back to me for nearly 48 hours - meaning he missed the session. When I finally heard from him, he didn't even acknowledge the fact he missed our session, let alone apologise, and breezily asked if we could do one the following day.

Another major concern for me was the fact he rolled on our sessions to a new block booking without seeking my consent first. I was only made aware of this when Julius messaged me to ask if I could send him payment for this new block booking. Needless to say, I felt embarrassed and put on the spot, so agreed to do so, without having thinking space (due to some personal stress I was going through) to consider whether this was something I actually wanted. Absolutely astonishing and unethical as hell on his part. When I told him I didn't realise we were on a new session, he didn't even ask if I was happy to proceed - or ask me to sign a new contract - as he should have done. Sneaky as hell.

What's all the more galling is the fact Julius also had the audacity to judge and virtue-signal about the behaviour of a guy who did the exact same thing to me that he did to India. He's not an honourable person in the slightest and his behaviour smacks of narcissism and a breath-taking lack of self-awareness.

This is all remarkable for the fee he charges - which I assure you is far from cheap.

On review, I'm annoyed at myself for not ending the life coaching sessions sooner, merely on account of Julius's staggeringly arrogant and self-centred behaviour towards his paying client. But seeing his treatment of India was the absolute tipping point for me and what prompted me to cancel our sessions and call him out on his behaviour.

Another very concerning issue for me was the fact Julius ignored my requests for a refund four times (for four life coaching sessions I cancelled), and only gave my money back when I threatened to seek legal advice on the matter. I also provided him with feedback on various concerns I had around his unprofessionalism during our sessions, but he completely ignored this too. Any half-decent professional would have been perturbed by such complaints about their service and done their utmost to apologise and try to make amends with their client - but not Julius. He sees zero issue with how he conducts himself both professionally and on the show, and can't seem to mentally grasp why people are so reviled by his terrible attitude and unbelievable lack of respect towards women.

To me, it's deeply troubling that the show's producers are continuing to give Julius a platform to promote himself and his life coaching service, and that he probably has many impressionable followers who will sign up to his service without realising what they're getting themselves into. I've contacted MiC's production company let them know about my experience of him as a life coach. Hopefully they'll actually take it seriously and hold him to account for his behaviour, but who knows.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 68

hanlosc

Did anyone else notice Harvey say he's not going to be a "prawn" in Inga's game 🦐

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

upsid3down

Ruby is such a shit stirrer making out to Miles that Ella was some sort of psycho talking about star signs and saying she'd move here for him, it didn't come across like that to me at all. She is just jealous that Miles likes someone other than her and cant handle it. Miles fucked me off last episode aswell, he literally thinks he is gods gift to women. What normal person would invite someone to travel from Australia to the UK for 2 weeks, and then complain she is coming on too strong for wanting to organise dinners etc. He has no clue what he wants and is going from girl to girl hurting people along the way, just come out already ffs

• Heart
Reactions: 55

doodlebug

VIP Member
Sorry all but I’m just here to drop the bomb that on Melissa and Sophie’s latest podcast that NEITHER OF THEM KNEW WHAT A CLITORIS WAS?!!!

They had to Google it and even when they read the description you could tell they were still none the wiser; they were recoiling and saying “ewww”. I am blown away by how stupid these two really are…

*this woman is too stunned to speak*

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 55

cee-bee

VIP Member
Obviously the show used to be somewhat scripted too but I feel like at least they were geniuine relationships and friendships.. nowadays it seems the majority of the cast only sees each other during filming. How did they get the cast so wrong?! I don’t think any of them even live or are from Chelsea except liv?!

It used to be such a good show!
youre right. Verity is from Dorset, Maeva is from Paris, James is from Essex, Melissa Tatum is from Somerset, Inga is from Wiltshire, Sam Prince is from Sussex (he went to school in East Sussex and his current business, forager health ltd, is based in West Sussex). Julius aka Julian aka spring onion was born in Canterbury and raised in Offham, Kent. Emily Blackwell is from Surrey. Rez was born in America and presumably brought up not far from Epsom, since he met other cast members at Epsom College (FYI Epsom college seems to be the place to be if you want to get “in” with that set. Clive Watson - father of the Watson sisters attended and is now also a trustee, as well as lots of other cast members being alumni). Liv Bentley was brought up in Oxfordshire, with her grandfather leaving an estate worth ~£50m to her mother, Burrow Farm Estate, near Henley-on-Thames.

even the Londoners weren’t brought up in Chelsea. Issy is from Hackney.

the cast member who is probably the best contender for having been “made” in Chelsea is Tristan Phipps - his mother Carrie Wicks, was chief of operations for hotel chain, Firmdale Group, for around 20 years and she left in 2016. Since the HQ is South Kensington, it stands to reasoning she’d have been based near there. And ironically, I’d say Tristan has the least affected vocal fry.

when you realise none of them were brought up anywhere near Chelsea, that most of them come from nice, standard middle class towns - it makes their vocal fry all the more ridiculous. Willow was supposedly brought up in Mallorca and has the worst vocal fry of them all - she’s almost a caricature of herself in her desperation to fit in.

it should be renamed “made in the Home Counties with delusions of superiority, moved to west London or thereabouts for a social media career, put on affected accent”

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54

NoImSpartacus

VIP Member
Was chatting to a few people earlier today who both mentioned Julius life coaching completely transformed their lives. One male and one
Female.

So although someone had a bad experience on here it does seem unique, neoteric methods are adding value to other people lives.

His new gf is also extremely attractive so perhaps people need to cut him slack it was only a few seasons ago he supposedly couldn't even get a date and now he’s a womaniser. It’s almost like it’s a TV show.
Have a good evening all. Off to the gym :)
Ok Julian x

• Haha
Reactions: 51

Summernights

VIP Member
I’m gunna say it, I feel like this is a safe space and a no judgement zone and I just need to get it off my chest

I fancy Sam Prince

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 51

louisem23

Also, just caught up on tonight's episode and I can't believe how unpleasant Julian is. I actually think he's the worst type - pretends to be a nice guy but actually is a nasty piece of work who enjoys humiliating women to boost his ego. Willow should run a mile, lucky escape. He's a walking red flag. Life coach my arse.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49

coriander

VIP Member
Ruby's absolutely delight when Miles said he had a sex dream about her :ROFLMAO: and the snide remark when she was like 'but you were with Issy'
Give over you desperate cow, he still doesn't want you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

Musings30

VIP Member
Did anyone have a weird Francis Boulle phase?...I mean back in the Sophia days, when he was the endearingly nerdy underdog, pre him turning into a total douche? Asking for a friend...

• Haha
Reactions: 47

Swx

Chatty Member
God almighty, RUBY of all people saying Inga is ‘desperate and thirsty’ 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 absolutely zero self awareness! I guess following a footballer you’ve been out drinking with all night behind your boyfriends back and then shagging said boyfriends friend, after throwing yourself at someone in the same friendship group, when you were still with said boyfriend (Miles) is all good tho 😂 what a tragic fucking cretin she is! Then arguing with Liv cause all of a sudden she is Sams friend? So is Liv and has been for years but she is saying what is right? Fucking moron of a human I can not stand her and her ghastly fucking voice and ridiculous, pathetic ‘relationship’

Ahhhhhhh… that’s better 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

cee-bee

VIP Member
You know who I hope we see more of? Paris.

im not about to rave about her as a person, after all she’s on a show like MIC and moves around in that set of people which.. well, doesn’t really reflect well on anyone. And let’s face it, she mostly likely comes from well off parents and has had a pampered existence etc etc.

buuut in previous seasons, she’s been pretty good at holding her own in a show that has a ton of bitchiness and bullying.

she was a good friend to Robbie - telling him what needed to hear instead of what he wanted to hear, and probably helped save his relationship with Joel.

shes spoken about how difficult it is to date as a black woman, which is a little bit more profound than the usually superficial stuff they discuss.

really hope she doesn’t turn out to be a dickhead looool

• Heart
Reactions: 44

cee-bee

VIP Member
just caught up…

• flirting on this show is painful to watch. Miles and Issy especially.
  • Willows hair and lipstick is a total mess. I’m guessing she feels a bit self conscious about her hairline and tries to make a little like, bang thing but it just draws more attention to it.
  • Sam Prince is an utter wrongun and doesn’t 1. deserve anyone sticking up for him or 2. Not the type of guy that is anyone’s soulmate and it’s fucked up to romanticise what was really abuse and gaslighting to Inga.
  • Maeva clinging on to her delusions that Miles feels anything other than nostalgia towards her. James buys into it because he has a weird complex and gets off thinking he got miles’ girl. He sees maeva as a trophy, weird weird couple.
  • Imagine asking a 20 year old if they want kids. Imagine dating a 20 yr old if you’re realistically looking for something long term and serious. No wonder issy says she “doesn’t know” because she’s only 20. Why is miles grilling her as though it’s a job interview?
  • Ruby is utterly boring and brings zero to the show. Irrelevant bitchy sidekick sums her up.
  • Robbie and Joel. If ever there was a lesson on why 3somes are a bad idea in a relationship, these guys are playing it out for us. Robbie is bordering on gaslighting territory here and being a bit spoiled. I’m glad Paris is straight talking with him. I don’t think he’s a bad soul but he’s being a bit of an immature brat imo.
  • Issy… gets rejected by miles and goes straight to his ex and then effectively taunting him and lording it over him is peak manipulative behaviour. Miles has maladaptive coping mechanisms and probably an avoidant attachment style. Maeva relaying this to Issy doesn’t mean she knows him, it means she knows a specific set of behaviours because she’s been watching them v closely over years.
  • Inga gives Sam Prince a teeny taste of his own medicine and then being universally condemned by both men and women on the show, is a case study on how the cast of MIC is subtlety (and not so subtly) sexist AF. Inga is growing on me tbh. Hopeful that Sam gets the same energy in the next episode, but I doubt it. At least his fillers seem to have died down a bit.
  • Can we just retire the saying “girl code”
  • Fair play to miles for accessing therapy. I hope it’s genuine. More people (especially men) should be willing to try out CBT and talking therapies IMO
  • Julian lives on a canal boat?!
  • Melissa was more entertaining on tattle than she ever was on MIC please don’t bring her back (welcome anytime on tattle though mel)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43