Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Notworthy

VIP Member
Maybe a range for us plebs who aren't rich that gives us the excitement of Primark/Aldi.
To be honest that's where they have gone wrong. They aren't Aldi or Primark and trying to compete with those stores is not what I shop at M&S for. If I want Aldi I can go to Aldi. What I want from M&S is quality at a fair price. Example: on the Aldi thread people raved about the cocktail cans and how they were so much cheaper than M&S well they definitely are a lot cheaper, they are also absolutely foul and I'd rather pay £2.25 for an M&S can with 2 shots than 85p for fizzy mouthwash. Some of what Aldi does is great, some of what M&S does is quite cheap (their latte is cheaper than Aldis) there's a market for both but no point trying to replicate.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Meg78

VIP Member
So I suspect that I may have won the M&S lottery today……

Not only did I acquire thai fishcake bites and lemon cheesecake spheres reduced, but also found the best ever tikka masala reduced to 17p! I suspect this was meant to be a sneaky reduction for staff to take and it was put out by mistake, a very excited lady scooped them all up and skipped away before they had chance to change their minds 😄

I wonder if corporate know that these sorts of shenanigans happen in store? They retail for £6 each normally

BF9F8DBA-C863-480D-8FB2-0A48E77EB4DC.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

YogaKitty444

Oh wow! I think this is a great idea for couples too. Share a bar instead if two lots of packaging and a tint choc each

We obviously live in very different worlds if you're thinking of sharing a daily bar of chocolate.
You're banned 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Meg78

VIP Member
Just grabbed an apricot danish as breakfast on the go and I love it so much I want to get married and have tiny apricot babies 😍

• Haha
Reactions: 18

YogaKitty444

This is my haul for today.
The entire lot was just under £35!

Bread and oat shake were yellow stickered.
Everything else (without exception) was red shelf labelled 'reduced to clear' so really long dates but clearing the lines ready for Halloween and Christmas.
The tonic waters were 17p for plastic bottles ones and 44p for glass bottles ones so stocked up well on those!
Bread I use from frozen anyway so got few of those.
I couldn't believe how much red shelf labelled stuff there was today. Most of the sweet stuff had sold out but still lots to choose from.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

Clickbait

VIP Member
Thread title courtesy of @coconochanel - three wins in four threads so bravo 👏

Quick recap:
• Mixed feelings towards the Jubilee offerings including the ham and egg sandwich featuring a whole hard boiled egg…
• Pops corn (chocolate covered popcorn) brought out for Father’s Day was a winner particularly when it was reduced to £1 a bag. The big daddy bar was also wolfed down in one sitting by more than one of us.
• Limelon fever gripped the thread - a melon that tastes like lime - and is hot property. Also available at Sainsbury’s in case your store has run out.
• Loads of winners of free Percy pigs (sadly I was not one of them).
• Lots of love for the Tuscan sausage penne ready meal. Feta dip also popular.
• The white coconut fragrance that came with the Summer beauty bag seems to be hard to track down.
• More gripes about weirdly specific offers like @Hastaggifted with 30% off a Harry Potter chevron hoodie 😂.
• The algorithm of freebies still baffles us.

Reactions: 16

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Some of my limelons have been nicer than others but I guess thats the annoying thing about fruit 😆

Doesnt happen with chocolate.

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
Agree. And also I love an old fashioned bean burger. Now all veggie burgers seem to be a meat substitute. Bean burgers used to be the veggie option even in Burger King etc.
I was having this conversation with someone recently. I’ve been meat free for most of my life and I really struggle with a lot of the plant based meat substitutes because they’re not made for actual veggies/vegans. They’ve been designed for meat eaters who want to be seen doing their bit etc so it’s really infuriating seeing things taken off menus (like a bean burger or the ever faithful vegetable quarter pounder) and some Frankenstein mash of grey replacing it.

• Heart

Meg78

VIP Member
I went to my local store to search for the reduced marzipan fruits (sad news they were all full price) however my local store is having some issues! Looks like a pallet might have tipped in transit, several different ranges around the store have very battered packaging, all chilled items but not related to each other. Also the fridges are malfunctioning and dripping water everywhere.. soooo…… 3/4 of the store was yellow stickered! I skipped like Charlie with a golden ticket down those aisles I swear 😆 unfortunately my freezer is full to the brim currently so I was limited in what I could acquire, but so long as something is fully sealed and not an item with a significant ecoli risk (I avoided salad and raw meat for example) I found everything from burger spring rolls to mango and chilli pork sausages to Colins all reduced, very thankful to the M&S gods for this bountiful offering!

photos mid-shop as I’m giddy with excitement and couldn’t wait to tell you all, every single thing is yellow sticker

42DA7E4A-96CC-46FE-9F00-95F5475AAC59.jpeg

F5846A5D-FFDC-4D67-81F5-582354180A03.jpeg

3D6E0689-CCB1-48B9-A201-26D741824027.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow