M&S Food #8 The offers are rinse and repeat, just give us a free treat!

What is your favourite thing to buy at M&as?

• All the food obviously! 🙄

Votes: 152 58.0%
  • Just their ready meals

Votes: 20 7.6%
  • Snacks - I would kill for a packet of salted hoops

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Sweets and treats

Votes: 36 13.7%
  • Homeware

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Underwear

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Clothing

Votes: 10 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title courtesy of @coconochanel - three wins in four threads so bravo 👏

Quick recap:
• Mixed feelings towards the Jubilee offerings including the ham and egg sandwich featuring a whole hard boiled egg…
• Pops corn (chocolate covered popcorn) brought out for Father’s Day was a winner particularly when it was reduced to £1 a bag. The big daddy bar was also wolfed down in one sitting by more than one of us.
• Limelon fever gripped the thread - a melon that tastes like lime - and is hot property. Also available at Sainsbury’s in case your store has run out.
• Loads of winners of free Percy pigs (sadly I was not one of them).
• Lots of love for the Tuscan sausage penne ready meal. Feta dip also popular.
• The white coconut fragrance that came with the Summer beauty bag seems to be hard to track down.
• More gripes about weirdly specific offers like @Hastaggifted with 30% off a Harry Potter chevron hoodie 😂.
• The algorithm of freebies still baffles us.

Reactions: 16
I always used to buy their smoked salmon which was 3 for £10. New price is 3 for £12 .

My local store is having a referb. Lots of missing items which wasn’t fun.

I’m on the looo for that limelon already been to sainsburys and couldn’t find it so hoping M&S have some!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I’ve found some limelon in Sainsburys 🎉 and then spied on the M&S Instagram page that the tex mex family dine in is back this week, which is my fave, double celebrations!

Reactions: 5
Wonder if any M and S bigwigs read here cos I'm not being grabbed by what I see in the store. It's a long time since I was excited about it.
Although I will admit to getting slightly excited about the food after your suggestions but dashed in-store as I can't find them. 😫🙄

Wonder if any M and S bigwigs read here cos I'm not being grabbed by what I see in the store. It's a long time since I was excited about it.
Although I will admit to getting slightly excited about the food after your suggestions but dashed in-store as I can't find them. 😫🙄
What would excite you?

Reactions: 4
Maybe a range for us plebs who aren't rich that gives us the excitement of Primark/Aldi.
To be honest that's where they have gone wrong. They aren't Aldi or Primark and trying to compete with those stores is not what I shop at M&S for. If I want Aldi I can go to Aldi. What I want from M&S is quality at a fair price. Example: on the Aldi thread people raved about the cocktail cans and how they were so much cheaper than M&S well they definitely are a lot cheaper, they are also absolutely foul and I'd rather pay £2.25 for an M&S can with 2 shots than 85p for fizzy mouthwash. Some of what Aldi does is great, some of what M&S does is quite cheap (their latte is cheaper than Aldis) there's a market for both but no point trying to replicate.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
To be honest that's where they have gone wrong. They aren't Aldi or Primark and trying to compete with those stores is not what I shop at M&S for. If I want Aldi I can go to Aldi. What I want from M&S is quality at a fair price. Example: on the Aldi thread people raved about the cocktail cans and how they were so much cheaper than M&S well they definitely are a lot cheaper, they are also absolutely foul and I'd rather pay £2.25 for an M&S can with 2 shots than 85p for fizzy mouthwash. Some of what Aldi does is great, some of what M&S does is quite cheap (their latte is cheaper than Aldis) there's a market for both but no point trying to replicate.
I want the excitement back and not the amazement when I look at the price. Although a few things aren't bad value. I used to shop in M and S when I had not much money in the past.
I have just had my evening meal from M and S and I am still hungry. I had pudding as well!

• Heart
I want the excitement back and not the amazement when I look at the price. Although a few things aren't bad value. I used to shop in M and S when I had not much money in the past.
I have just had my evening meal from M and S and I am still hungry. I had pudding as well!
What meal & pudding did you have?

I love M&S I find it costs me less to do my full shop there and I have 0 food waste when I shop there too so it’s a win win. I think the quality of the food is much higher than that of Lidl etc. I don’t have Aldi near me so can’t compare with it.

I think the family dine ins are excellent value (2 mains 4 sides for £15) always a great variety and I like that they change the theme up to mix it up a bit. The pizza deal I think is still decent value at £12. I like M&S pizzas not a fan of asda pizza and not tried any other supermarket own brand ones.

Reactions: 10
What meal & pudding did you have?

I love M&S I find it costs me less to do my full shop there and I have 0 food waste when I shop there too so it’s a win win. I think the quality of the food is much higher than that of Lidl etc. I don’t have Aldi near me so can’t compare with it.

I think the family dine ins are excellent value (2 mains 4 sides for £15) always a great variety and I like that they change the theme up to mix it up a bit. The pizza deal I think is still decent value at £12. I like M&S pizzas not a fan of asda pizza and not tried any other supermarket own brand ones.
Lamb stew, potato dauphinoise and chocolate pudding.

I do get that but the meal thing is more a reflection on what is considered a portion size. If I want a filling meal from any of the shops, I get a steak pie. all the ready meals are tiny.

Reactions: 3
I do get that but the meal thing is more a reflection on what is considered a portion size. If I want a filling meal from any of the shops, I get a steak pie. all the ready meals are tiny.
Agree with this. I think in the U.K. too many people don’t realise what a portion size actually is. Eg if you weigh a portion size of a bowl of cereal compared to a bowl you pour out at random it’s shocking

Lamb stew, potato dauphinoise and chocolate pudding.
I usually bulk out those meals with veggies to feel a bit fuller and some dipping bread because I’m a greedy 🐷

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Agree with this. I think in the U.K. too many people don’t realise what a portion size actually is. Eg if you weigh a portion size of a bowl of cereal compared to a bowl you pour out at random it’s shocking

I usually bulk out those meals with veggies to feel a bit fuller and some dipping bread because I’m a greedy 🐷
I have a small appetite and my friends joke I have a sparrows appetite😁
The other day I had roasted veg in basil pesto and a small burger. There wasn't much on the plate but I felt stuffed after it. Must be the veggies and protein that does it.

I weighed a portion of cereal our and I swear that wouldn't have filled my son up when he was 2, it's ridiculous. I used to get 6 portions out of a bag of Jordans muesli, imagine my horror when I found out it had 20 portions :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I have a small appetite and my friends joke I have a sparrows appetite😁
The other day I had roasted veg in basil pesto and a small burger. There wasn't much on the plate but I felt stuffed after it. Must be the veggies and protein that does it.
Bless you 😂 Yea protein and fibre definitely make you feel fuller for longer! I only had my dinner about 2 hours ago and I’m already hungry from talking about all this food fml 😂😂

I weighed a portion of cereal our and I swear that wouldn't have filled my son up when he was 2, it's ridiculous. I used to get 6 portions out of a bag of Jordans muesli, imagine my horror when I found out it had 20 portions :ROFLMAO:
This is me!!!!! If you haven’t already don’t do it with pasta! Soul destroying 😂😂😂

• Haha
The best diet advice I was ever given was to shrink your plate size before you even attempt a diet so you have shrunk your stomach before you start your diet.

The recent Italian meal deal was good. We had the lasagne and spinach & ricotta ravioli, both very nice. The mushroom arancini was really good too.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.