Luxury Mattress Recommendations

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve never had a decent mattress and I suffer from backache a lot. It’s about time I got a new one. Anyone have an amazing mattress they could recommend, please?

I’ve never had a decent mattress and I suffer from backache a lot. It’s about time I got a new one. Anyone have an amazing mattress they could recommend, please?
If you have a bensons for beds near you they have a machine that will pinpoint where your back is sore and recommend a mattress based on that. Mine is called and iGel, I spent about £2k around 5 years ago and nothing compares to it, the best thing I have ever bought (very firm, like you had back issues). But you are best to go into a proper mattress store and see.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I can second igel. Though you will need to buy extra deep fitted sheets and it’s also worth buying the mattress protector from them too

Reactions: 2
Can’t remember the name of my mattress (will look when I’m home) but I suffered with awful backache with my old mattress, I would be in pain just trying to turn over and getting up in the morning took some doing.
We spent a night in a hotel and the next morning I woke up feeling so bloody good, such an amazing sleep. Hubby contacted the hotel and asked where they got the mattress from in the room we stayed in, they got the house keeper to look at the label and hubby searched it up and we managed to get the exact same one. We’ve had it around 4yrs now and I’ve not had a backache since.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Thank you. Igel sounds wonderful, will look them up. So glad I asked here and no one has mentioned an Emma! That’s all I’ve seen recommended elsewhere.
---
Can’t remember the name of my mattress (will look when I’m home) but I suffered with awful backache with my old mattress, I would be in pain just trying to turn over and getting up in the morning took some doing.
We spent a night in a hotel and the next morning I woke up feeling so bloody good, such an amazing sleep. Hubby contacted the hotel and asked where they got the mattress from in the room we stayed in, they got the house keeper to look at the label and hubby searched it up and we managed to get the exact same one. We’ve had it around 4yrs now and I’ve not had a backache since.
I stayed at a hotel a a few months back and had the best nights sleep. I asked at reception for the name of the mattress and she just said “yes, we get asked that a lot, no idea though.” 😤

Reactions: 1
Thank you. Igel sounds wonderful, will look them up. So glad I asked here and no one has mentioned an Emma! That’s all I’ve seen recommended elsewhere.
---

I stayed at a hotel a a few months back and had the best nights sleep. I asked at reception for the name of the mattress and she just said “yes, we get asked that a lot, no idea though.” 😤
That’s a shame, the hotel were really helpful with my husband.
Pic of our mattress make

Attachments

Reactions: 1
If you have the budget I’d definitely recommend a Vispring. I used to get terrible pain in my back and shoulders but it’s completely gone away since I got that mattress. And it’s so relaxing to sleep on.

I have a loaf one (extra firm) that is 12 years old. It’s unbelievable and if you like extra firm, perfect.

We’ve just been away and the mattress in the hotel was to die for. It was a Hypnos. I think a wool one with a topper. People say don’t get ones with toppers built in and google tells me Hypnos do topper-free ones.

I think we need to get a new one soon and we’ll definitely get a Hypnos.

I have a loaf one (extra firm) that is 12 years old. It’s unbelievable and if you like extra firm, perfect.

We’ve just been away and the mattress in the hotel was to die for. It was a Hypnos. I think a wool one with a topper. People say don’t get ones with toppers built in and google tells me Hypnos do topper-free ones.

I think we need to get a new one soon and we’ll definitely get a Hypnos.
Yeah definitely don't get one with a built-in topper. They wear quicker than the mattress itself, so you end up feeling the need to replace it after 3ish years - as opposed to 10+ years.

Not a simba! I am not at all impressed with ours, never found it that comfortable and seemed to start losing shape (as in it started sloping on one side) within months of owning it. Really regret getting one, and a friend who also got a simba ended up returning hers.