Lucy Mountain

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find a thin, white woman preaching about diet culture and beauty standards quite jarring to be honest

Reactions: 8
her latest stories about online social justice culture don’t seem to apply to what’s been publicly going on with nobs… no one (as far as I know) is “cancelling” Lucy, or not giving her a second chance or expecting ‘perfection’ - she just doesn’t listen to constructive feedback and takes it as personal criticism and then got crappy when people rightly said that it isn’t good enough 🙃

I don’t agree with pile ons or nasty personal comments but I bleeping hate the weaponisation of “cancel culture” that people wield in order to either 1) gaslight marginalised people who have spoken up and/or 2) try and dodge any kind of valid criticism by saying ‘I am a flawed person, we all are’ - duck off???

we don’t have to have a bleeping tantrum and cry when someone tells you that something you’re doing is problematic and harmful (unpaid labour, getting cross when someone asked her to caption her stories properly, not acknowledging her privilege etc) - you don’t necessarily have to agree with what other people are saying but why not use it as an opportunity to learn from it, know your audience and do better?!?

there is a difference between people being blunt/straight to the point and being nasty/unreasonable, and tbh marginalised people shouldn’t have to provide influencers with palatable, politely worded education on why they should give a duck about the people they’re earning a profit from (and in some cases exploiting)

The longer she keeps passive aggressively posting about it, the more she’s proving people’s points and she’s really pissing me off now.

Throwing around ‘the dehumanisation of people online is concerning’ is really bleeping rich of her to say when plenty of her followers experience actual dehumanisation on a systematic level (e.g. medical racism/accessing disability support).

TLDR: someone telling you pay your staff is not bleeping oppression omg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yeah, Megan Jayne Crabbes post was actually very apt and says some good things worth thinking about. However, Lucy using it to act like a total victim and try to act like she was being cancelled rather than be held accountable is actually disgusting.

Reactions: 4
Maybe I'm being too nit picky but...I feel like she uses POC for promotion and that's it. She doesn't have any black or Asian friends it seems in her real life and she doesn't ever seem to boost the profiles/account of POC. All I see is her hiring models but that's it.

A lot of what Lucy does seems to be bare minimum to just avoid being called out

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Maybe I'm being too nit picky but...I feel like she uses POC for promotion and that's it. She doesn't have any black or Asian friends it seems in her real life and she doesn't ever seem to boost the profiles/account of POC. All I see is her hiring models but that's it.

A lot of what Lucy does seems to be bare minimum to just avoid being called out
I had the exact same thought as soon as I saw this pic

Reactions: 2
Of COURSE she’s the type of white woman who thinks she can be ‘healed’ with crystals 😂 they are rocks !
I feel like she doesn't have a real personality and just does what either the boyfriend she's seeing at the time does or what other people are into on insta

Reactions: 6
I feel like she doesn't have a real personality and just does what either the boyfriend she's seeing at the time does or what other people are into on insta
Omg of course she doesn’t. Her only personality is going to the gym, the rest of copied from Gen Z. Example, look at her in these bleeping glasses. She is in her 30s, come on

Also, let’s play a Tattle version of the nobs advent where we count how many of the small businesses are founded / run by non-white women ! I bet it’s less than half !

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Omg of course she doesn’t. Her only personality is going to the gym, the rest of copied from Gen Z. Example, look at her in these bleeping glasses. She is in her 30s, come on
Is she really in her 30s?

Yeah she’s turning 30 in December. Anyone else thought she was way younger ? Not because of the way she looks, she definitely looks like she’s nearly 30, but the way she behaves? She behaves like a child ! And her desperation to copy all the Gen Z trends is so embarrassing !

Reactions: 6
The feminism stuff (the post about stealthing) is getting a little blurred with the fitness stuff? Not sure what she’s all about now :)

I have no particular time for Lucy and I find her message extremely confused but this last page does kind of perfectly exemplify the bind that our generation of liberal women have got ourselves into with this stuff - one person saying she only features WOC as tokens, and within a couple of posts she’s criticised for boosting the business of “another white woman”. This is kind of facile, really, because literally nobody can win along these parameters. If you feature POC you’re a cringe tokenist trying to curry favour but if you feature a white person you’re not committed to racial justice? I mean, what?

I say this as a woman who is not white and with one first gen immigrant parent: close to 90% of this country is white. In some areas it’s not far off 99%.By definition the vast majority of businesses in this country are owned by white people. It’s not weird if the majority of your friends and acquaintances are white. For most people it’s more or less a statistical certainty.

If people are going to be punished or criticised for that then they can hardly be blamed for tokenistic gestures.

Reactions: 12
I have no particular time for Lucy and I find her message extremely confused but this last page does kind of perfectly exemplify the bind that our generation of liberal women have got ourselves into with this stuff - one person saying she only features WOC as tokens, and within a couple of posts she’s criticised for boosting the business of “another white woman”. This is kind of facile, really, because literally nobody can win along these parameters. If you feature POC you’re a cringe tokenist trying to curry favour but if you feature a white person you’re not committed to racial justice? I mean, what?

I say this as a woman who is not white and with one first gen immigrant parent: close to 90% of this country is white. In some areas it’s not far off 99%.By definition the vast majority of businesses in this country are owned by white people. It’s not weird if the majority of your friends and acquaintances are white. For most people it’s more or less a statistical certainty.

If people are going to be punished or criticised for that then they can hardly be blamed for tokenistic gestures.
I totally understand what you mean, but she lives in London and an area that isn't exactly just white people and if she's going to carry on saying she's so diverse then the least she can do is actually boost the businesses and centre the accounts of POC. Surely it's no good just having them as models if you're not even going to go out of your way to share businesses and resources that are not from white people. That's why I would say it's tokenistic. It's all well and good having diversity on surface level but if she's really about it then surely she should putting traffic and money where her mouth is towards non white people.

She didn't have to go down the "look how diverse I am" road...she chose to and she's being lazy about it imo

Reactions: 7