Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Milfordcubicle

VIP Member
You can almost hear the conversation between tin bath teeth and bowl head mummy
”no Lucy we are not restarting the group- you know it will flare your acne up”
” but mummy what shall I do all day”
” listen darling I’ll invite them onto MY page so you can still see all your chums and get some validation but mummy can handle it better as she’s older and wiser darling”
” but it’s MY game mummy. My game” *pops 3rd Prosecco bottle*
” come on my love, why not have 10 mins in the bath to calm you down. I know it’s raining and the bath it’s full of mosquito larvae and green sludges as it’s outdoors and BASICALLY A POND but remember you loved it as much as you once loved you bikes, peloton, 2nd home and orange hair”
” ok mummy. You can look after my fwends on fb.But when’s bitty time?”

• Haha
Reactions: 23

FriendlyBoa

I hate LA and LLL but I see a lot about donations being used for tax write offs and think its slightly unfair on her.... and yes donations do lower your tax bill, but you still physically have to donate.

So if the company gifts 1,000 to charity, they will save around 200 in tax but its still 800 worse off than if the donation was never made
Can I just say, as an individual I donate a lot. I have standing orders that come out every paycheck to charities. I cannot go past a tin shaker without rummaging for some change. I am filled with terrible guilt if I do not give a sandwich or a hot drink to a homeless person.

I have paid for friends shopping or put money on their meter when they have fallen on hard times. I donate pretty much weekly to our foodbank.

You know who I tell about all this? Nobody. Unless you saw me do it or it was you I helped you wouldn't know.

I'm only announcing it because nobody actually knows who I am.

I do it because it's the right thing to do, and it brings me joy to know I'm helping someone. I don't do it for likes, attention or oh look at me aren't I wonderful.

Every single time she does anything 'charitable' she has to announce it. It's not for kindness, it's for likes and more oh aren't you fabulous Lucy comments. I'm amazed when she provided the funds for the school lunches she didn't insist they all stood there with their hands out while she posed for the camera with the fucking sausage rolls tbh....

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Milfordcubicle

VIP Member
I’m selling so I can buy a tin bath, some Prosecco, some hair dye, a peloton, 2 electric bikes and some swan food. A second home, some fake TP reviews and some bowls and scissors for mamas hair. Also to pay my brothers bail and buy papa a GNR number that’s not his

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Lurkie

I love that these posts say pretty much everything I've thought about the brand!

But to add...

I have a few decent pairs which I wear and look damn good in (!) but the idea of some randomer coming up to me in person and thinking we're friends because we buy the same brand of leggings terrifies me 🤣 I saw a post a couple of weeks ago about someone 'rudely' ignoring the poster when they shouted lockets at them. And they think they're not a cult?! Imagine thinking someone was your friend because you both bought a top from tesco 😂

The promotions lured me in initially but now they irritate the hell out of me. We're supposed to be thankful (and so many people are worshiping the team) for them offering increasingly expensive lucky dips and basically making loads of money by clearing out old unsellable stock. Occasionally they'll chuck in a decent pair so that their worshipers put up a photo and they make lots more sales. Then there are the promo codes which are DEFINITELY going to finish at a certain time, but then they 'accidentally' leave them up (and then post a reminder that the code is still live repeatedly).

I've actually had really good experiences with customer services whenever I've had an issue so no complaints there, in fact I'd still be a big fan if it weren't for the weird Facebook group and constant posts showing off how rich LA is and what an amazing life she leads. Sure, she's a successful woman and should be proud of what she's achieved, but now is not the time to rub it in the faces of a lot of people who are financially struggling (and still wasting their money on overpriced leggings that they feel they can't live without).

And the oversharing on Facebook is unhealthy and weird. I feel I know far too much about a bunch of people who I really couldn't care less about. The lady whose son has that syndrome - her posts make me uncomfortable as the other son always seems to be in the background and it's all about O. Hopefully they treat them equally in real life, but it doesn't come across that way in her updates.

And breathe!

Reactions: 17
I bet there's few" used to be fans" here... I want to know what was your "wake up moment"? Mine was making victim of herself because she can't go to florida for a month to celebrate her bday because of covid....
For me, the first thing was her hair. I just thought "this girl can't be for real, she's doing it for shits and giggles, she could have the most amazing hair and she goes for glow in the dark orange box dye with added frizz." I got more and more annoyed by her gurning. This was all before her 30th birthday when she was moaning it would be cancelled. It went from there. I felt like I was harbouring a dirty secret because it seemed like I was the only one who looked at her and wanted to punch a hole through my phone every time.

Then I became irrationally annoyed when I asked about a tall range, because they don't touch my ankles. She was rude to me. And I then realised I'd been sold a lie about a small business with ethical products... they're mass produced from China. The lies about designs, changes of fabric and cut. The oversharing. Mama and Papa Locket - oh fuck off.

So yeah, it kinda spiralled from thinking her hair looked shit.

• Haha

Milfordcubicle

VIP Member
Don’t forget to share a million photos of all your stuff, while people are losing jobs, homes, family members...

You deserve it though Hun
ive been working so hard. Did 10-2 twice in the last 8 weeks. Will you send me a pizza? I was a personal trainer for 20 mins once you know

• Haha

JammyMare

I'm so happy I found this page! I thought I was the only one who was pissed off and majorly cringed out by the whole LLL bullshit. I got sucked in a few years ago when the group and page were still small. But I unfollowed last summer because I COULD NOT COPE with the constant bragging, showing off, begging for sympathy, birthday crap, parents, crying, moaning, power hungry admin, ridiculous selfies, people saying 'NLR' and shouting 'lockets!' at strangers, boasting about having a cleaner, and just the general gloom and depression within the group. I sold all my leggings on ebay and made a fucking fortune! I feel liberated.

The trustpilot reviews are brilliant and I'm glad the group has closed.

I missed the whole holiday home and tin bath thing tho as I wasn't watching. And I can't find the lola group anywhere. Maybe I'm blocked lol.

I'm so glad to have found you guys. I feel like I have returned to the mothership.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

ProfessorColdheart

Well, this thread has been a breathe of fresh air! I've been lurking for a week and enjoying the honesty. I unfollowed etc. a while back and genuinely thought I was just a bitch and couldn't fit in. I can - I was just in the wrong place!

I started buying the leggings a year or two ago for exercise. Back in the days when the group used to be about people running or doing fitness classes. It seemed like a nice community and I must admit I got really sucked in to the buy now hype and liking the family branding.

Its no wonder the group is no longer about the leggings because the admin etc. will never answer any questions about the leggings! It makes sense to have a social media presence and to advertise new products but then if people ask questions "Will these come in a longer size" "When is the stock due" or basically any question about the actual product they sell and it gets ignored or deleted. On the main page for the brand this is really obvious and really off putting. You can't just ignore all questions about your products!!
I remember way back there used to a be a "questions about stock" post in the group and I asked if some t shirts would be back in stock. I got a reply from LUCY HERSELF (yes folks, I was truly blessed) which said enigmatically "Watch this space". Well, its been well over 18 months so I think the answer she was looking for was No. Glad I wasn't just sitting around waiting for it to come back in stock.

I started to feel uncomfortable when there were loads of offers going on and then there'd be a video of Lucy crying and saying how stressed she was. It was obviously a cycle of ramping up the sales and then making people feel guilty for actually wanting the product. I don't like to see anyone publicly falling apart and it made me think if I bought the stuff I'd only be adding to her obvious distress. I also hated the pressure the sales created to buy buy buy. I fully admit I'm vulnerable to that sort of pressure so I know I have to avoid it. I'm so sad for those who can't manage to do that as the group created peer pressure immensely. Then the designs started being for colourblind toddlers and I haven't bought any more since. Sounds like the quality has been a massive issue since then so I will avoid.

I always thought that she had great parents who really supported her above and beyond and that they were a nice family. I actually felt quite jealous at times of how much her mum and dad looked after her. So I was really horrified when she broke her Mum's arm and then posted photos of her asleep and in pain on the site, as if it was funny. I think that was kind of a final straw.

And finally - she DID claim she did all the designing herself. I remember her doing a "Q&A with the owner" and saying it. No screenshot, no evidence, but I know its the truth!!!

Thrilled with the tip about Ruby Fury btw - looks a really nice business to support. Then again, I thought that about LLL! Seriously though, there's a 3 star review of a product and the owner has replied addressing the issues directly to the customer and in public on the website. That, my new friends, is a business model to look out for. . .

• Heart
Reactions: 14

DontQuoteMe

Chatty Member
Just been off reading the TP reviews, they didn’t disappoint!!

A few of my own opinions, since I’m new:

- The leggings are okay, but nothing special. I’ve worn them a lot recently as they are comfy for around the house and sleeping in, but I would not wear them out (imagine being ‘Locket Spotted’? Cringe!) Definitely wouldn’t pay full price though.

- The over-sharer ... STOP IT!

- The constant fawning over Lucy ... WTF??

- Lucy comes across as a spoilt brat who stamps her feet and cries when she doesn’t get all her own way. She has a beautiful home though.

- The phrases, ‘Powered by Lockets’, ‘Locket Love’, ‘NLR’, the list is endless. Just ewwww!

So glad I found you all!!

Craftyh

I suspect she’s employed someone to help sort this shit show out and that’s what they’ve advised her to do.