Lucy Letby Case #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Follow the trial using Sky News or Local.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6
I'll be interested to see whether there's anything in her personality or background that points to feigning illnesses or making up things for attention/ personality disorder. As attention seeking may be a motive for this.

Absolutely horrendous and I hope that she is not guilty although what has been uncovered in the last few hours really does not look good for her.

Reactions: 28
“In November 2020, Letby was asked by police about a handover sheet relating to Child B found at her home address in a search.” this throws major red flags! BA took home the allocation book. Was LL trying to hide something?

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Adjourned for the day, is it just me or has a lot came out on day 1, it’s going to be a long 6 months.
Poor parents of Baby A and B, I bet they give the wee girl an extra cuddle tonight

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I'll be interested to see whether there's anything in her personality or background that points to feigning illnesses or making up things for attention/ personality disorder. As attention seeking may be a motive for this.

Absolutely horrendous and I hope that she is not guilty although what has been uncovered in the last few hours really does not look good for her.
I was wondering if she was another 'BA', but what are the chances that another nurse who worked with children also had Munchausens. Although that's not to say that LL didn't copy her.

Reactions: 9
I was wondering if she was another 'BA', but what are the chances that another nurse who worked with children also had Munchausens. Although that's not to say that LL didn't copy her.
Or was she just really bad at her job and although doubtful just made a lot of horrendous mistakes

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Insulin is not locked away. It isn’t checked by 2 nurses. It’s literally in a fridge. That anyone can get in and get out.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
How long was she a nurse for before all this happened? I wonder what made her wake up one day and commit these awful crimes.

Reactions: 14
How long was she a nurse for before all this happened? I wonder what made her wake up one day and commit these awful crimes.
I think police have looked into her past, and what they found is probably circumstantial evidence, and it will be brought up in court.

They dug up her back garden for a reason.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
shes 32 now, and the first charges were in 2015 so she would have been around 25? So can only be within a few years. But yes I would be interested to know the psychology behind this if she is guilty.

Reactions: 14
“In November 2020, Letby was asked by police about a handover sheet relating to Child B found at her home address in a search.” this throws major red flags! BA took home the allocation book. Was LL trying to hide something?
For me this doesn't raise red flags, I've accidentally taken home a few handover sheets when tired after 12.5 hour shifts . I normally take it in when I'm next in and pop it in the confidential waste but I can see how someone can forget.

Reactions: 34
For me this doesn't raise red flags, I've accidentally taken home a few handover sheets when tired after 12.5 hour shifts . I normally take it in when I'm next in and pop it in the confidential waste but I can see how someone can forget.
She wasn’t the nurse for child B so why would she have the handover sheet for child B? I absolutely have taken home my lists but it never contains information about a patient not in my care. That’s the red flag for me

• Wow
Reactions: 27
If that was the only one she had a sheet for I would probably disregard it. There is potentially enough other evidence anyway. However if they say she has more for other babies it would seem a bit more unlikely that it was a mistake/coincidence.

Do these sheets have information on that might have helped her look up families on Facebook? Names of parents for example?

Reactions: 4
But I assume she kept it for a period of
Months or years? The deaths ended in 2016 & she was arrested in 2018. Keeping it that length of time is odd surely?

Reactions: 20
Probably been covered sorry but she was arrested in 2018 then released , what happened after that , was she sacked?

Reactions: 2
If that was the only one she had a sheet for I would probably disregard it. There is potentially enough other evidence anyway. However if they say she has more for other babies it would seem a bit more unlikely that it was a mistake/coincidence.

Do these sheets have information on that might have helped her look up families on Facebook? Names of parents for example?

Handover sheets are different trust to trust. My trust doesn’t have them as they’re too much of an Ig risk but other trusts I work at do.

Sometimes handover sheets contain name, age, diagnosis, outstanding jobs/sometimes investigations. For the entire ward. So you’ll have this info on everyone.

Other types are a piece of paper you sign to signify you’re taking over that patients care and that’s kept in the notes.

Sometimes handover sheets are personal notes you’ve made on that patient i.e medicines due at X time, obs hourly etc.

The key part to note is that she wasn’t child B’s nurse. From what the barrister said it sounded like this document/handover sheet soly related to child B

Reactions: 9
When you throw away the handover sheet. Does it get shredded ASAP.
Wondering could she have taken this out of the bin?

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Judith Moritz on twitter has a well detailed run through of today's events. Greater detail than Sky.

Reactions: 13
What a fascinating case this is. You look at Lucy, her lovely smiling photos, her seemingly great background and think there must have been a terrible error here, surely she can't be responsible for doing this? However, if the evidence leads you there then that's where it leads you. When you have eliminated all other possibilities even if it's the most unlikely possibility that remains then that's where we are.

One thing I would say is that cases always sound bad against the defendant when the prosecution is presenting their case. We've heard nothing from the defence yet. I've done jury service more than once and trials can take interesting and unexpected turns. There's a lot to come out yet on this one...

Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.