Lucy Davis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She didn’t go out fast enough for sub 3. That would have been some epic negative split if she had! Reckon her next Mara she will def go for sub 3, but she will need to train at faster paces if she’s going to do it (not the easy runs obvs)

i think she’ll achieve it at some point as well, really keen to see if it’s the one next week!

Reactions: 1
She’s already back running faster intervals! I ran on Sunday (quicker than Lucy 😜) and I’ve not run at all yet. Not saying that my way is right but my body is def saying hang on a bit… so I’d be surprised if hers was genuinely feeling like running sub 4min kms!!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I get the hybrid thing though, if you're training for marathons you have to dedicate a lot of time to running and you get pretty fatigued/need recovery which does not lend itself well to doing strength training.

Also running sub 3 for a woman is a very different feat to running sub 3 as a guy, her goals 3:11 etc. might seem odd but she's at the point where running faster means slight improvements i.e. 10-15 seconds/mile. Generally from you know training how much time you can reasonably run splits so you try to set reasonable goals you can be happy with. A goal of 3:11 was 4 min better than her prior time I believe, which would be about 10 seconds per mile faster.

Reactions: 3
yes and I don’t think she’s trained at fast enough paces to run sub 3 yet. She’s need to run about 14 secs per mile faster to get a sub 3 from where she is now. And that is not easy over 26 miles!!
I’m a woman and much less go under 3 hours than men, it’s quite a big difference. I’ve placed around 60th female at London before, and in the same race when my male friends ran 5 mins quicker than me, they were like 1500th male or something.

Reactions: 4
yes and I don’t think she’s trained at fast enough paces to run sub 3 yet. She’s need to run about 14 secs per mile faster to get a sub 3 from where she is now. And that is not easy over 26 miles!!
I’m a woman and much less go under 3 hours than men, it’s quite a big difference. I’ve placed around 60th female at London before, and in the same race when my male friends ran 5 mins quicker than me, they were like 1500th male or something.
That's amazing and so fast, truly in awe 🙏. I could go on with a huge list of my pet peeves but most of them relate to the ignorance about womens/mens athletics 'women run slower because they're less competitive' (duck off), 'that's not that fast, I can faster than that' (a guy having no clue that a guy running a fast km is not the same as a woman running that speed for long distance). I once had to do a mile for time for an unrelated sport which requires good cardio (for US college team), I got placed in the section with all guys (about 20) and of course all the men started sprinting and gassed after 400m, as I'm running I start picking off the guys and some unathletic guy has the audacity to patronize me with 'good job, keep it up!'. When I got to the end some guy asked me 'what time did you get?' me: '6 min' him: 'that's not possible, that would place you as a top female track athlete in the state, you must have miscounted a lap' (my time was measured by the coaches too). That still irks me massively because it's completely untrue.

I reckon womens sub-3 is equiv to men's 2:35? and men's sub-3 womens 3:35 (just going by Boston qualifying times).

• Wow
Reactions: 5
That's amazing and so fast, truly in awe 🙏. I could go on with a huge list of my pet peeves but most of them relate to the ignorance about womens/mens athletics 'women run slower because they're less competitive' (duck off), 'that's not that fast, I can faster than that' (a guy having no clue that a guy running a fast km is not the same as a woman running that speed for long distance). I once had to do a mile for time for an unrelated sport which requires good cardio (for US college team), I got placed in the section with all guys (about 20) and of course all the men started sprinting and gassed after 400m, as I'm running I start picking off the guys and some unathletic guy has the audacity to patronize me with 'good job, keep it up!'. When I got to the end some guy asked me 'what time did you get?' me: '6 min' him: 'that's not possible, that would place you as a top female track athlete in the state, you must have miscounted a lap' (my time was measured by the coaches too). That still irks me massively because it's completely untrue.

I reckon womens sub-3 is equiv to men's 2:35? and men's sub-3 womens 3:35 (just going by Boston qualifying times).
Thank you! That bloke sounds like a dick! Some of my male club runners moan “how easy” championship entry and GFA is for women 🙄
Sorry, mate - you have to get proportionally as fast as me to get in the champs 😄
Men’s is sub 2:40 and women’s sub 3:14. And you do have to look at the elites. Women about 12-15 mins slower than men at the top end.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5