Lover, stalker, killer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone else seen this on Netflix?
Never heard of this case until I watched this programme but my god, that woman was actually insane!

Reactions: 5
I guessed straight away too but that woman was actually so unhinged, talk about bunny boiler!

Reactions: 4
It was an episode of CaseFile I listened to a few months ago, so I was ready.

It was different seeing faces attached to the story and 1. I hate how Netflix throw in cheesy reenactments in documentaries, and 2. the male at the centre of the drama didn't seem to give half a tit that someone got murdered, only cared about himself.

Reactions: 5
If anyone liked the cyber stalking aspect, the 2 part Netflix docu series "can I tell you a secret " is very interesting too

Reactions: 1
Currently about half way through. Text and email bombardment and threats, then break ins, criminal damage and arson and they only think to bring in an IT expert months later?!

Reactions: 3
I did think that Liz took being randomly passed over remarkably well… I still have questions about how this whole thing was handled, maybe I just missed them being addressed.

Cari was a mother, who was her son with when she just went missing? Surely suggesting she was a missing person if she just didn’t turn up one day to collect her son from school and never reached out to him again was justified. Even with poor mental health it seems extreme to just disappear.

Where did they imagine she was if she walked out of her home with no clothes, presumably had no spending on her bank account, didn’t come back or make contact with her family, didn’t pay the mortgage or any bills etc.?

Why did they not do a thorough forensic search of her car when it was found abandoned? It’s a suspect’s car, someone who is missing and also considered violent and dangerous. You’d surely search for signs of violence, other’s DNA etc.

They said that when they reviewed the car again they found the gum/mint packet with Liz’s fingerprint on it. This was before they wanted to reveal she was a suspect so how did they get her fingerprints?

And of course, as soon as they get the stalking detective to take the case seriously why on earth is the IT department not asked to look into it then?! Clearly it wouldn’t have saved the life of the victim but it would have caught their killer a lot sooner.

Reactions: 3
The netflix doc leaves out a lot.
Liz went to Cari's mum after she went missing with a supposed note from Cari saying that she'd sold her furniture to Liz and to let her take it. At which point police should have been asking Liz how she was in contact with Cari.
Then apparently "Cari" contacts her employer and says she's not coming back and to give her job to Liz. Another point where a red flag should have risen for the police and those around Liz.
There's lots more examples but this was poorly handled from the start.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6