Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Deb788

Chatty Member
Priya is too confident ! cocky and condescending she is very unlikeable.

• Heart
Reactions: 89

Smoke_and_Mirrors

Chatty Member
Priya didn't have much going for her in the personality department before but that challenge sealed it. When her and Brett were announced as most intelligent couple she pulled a face and sarcastically went "shocker". What a condescending bitch!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 75

HoGi

VIP Member
Liberty asking the girls if they think she's a mug and Mary is nodding away

• Haha
Reactions: 75

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
Love Island, the 35+ edition:
The only coupling up on the first day involves checking out each other's LinkedIn profiles
You get separate beds to maximise star-fishing and comfort
All outfits are machine-washable

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71

Eli_99

Oh my gosh Jake is such a toad!!!!

Say what you want about Liam and his intentions but he speaks to Millie like she is his equal, he doesn’t speak down on her and see her as his property. Jake speaks with a tone of authority and that Liberty is his under his ownership. He only said I love you because in the past week he has been in the bottom 3, questioned by Liberty and bashed by the public. He is scum, absolute scum.

• Heart
Reactions: 70

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
I've been in an an abusive relationship before and it started just like how Jake is with Liberty - obviously he hasn't said this to her but its along the same lines 'you're my girlfriend, why would i go for a burger when i have steak at home'? Would ban me from seeing friends (banning lib going to see kaz gave me the alarm bells) if he's acting like this on a tv show, what will he be like in real life? I'm actually really worried for Lib, i hope she ditches that snake as soon as she can

ETA sorry if I'm bringing down the mood of the convo!!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65

Bandersnatch

I disagree that Jake hasn't done anything.

Kissing someone else at casa while you're coupled up is a pretty shitty thing to do. Having your head turned by a new person and handling it badly with the person you're coupled up with is also a shitty way to behave but these are basically kids, that kind of behaviour, while shitty, is perfectly normal. It's also kinda the whole point of the show and the reason we all watch!

Jake is different.
His attitude towards women is disgusting. He is friends with all the girls in the villa and yet totally disrespected them as individuals and his friendship with them by encouraging shitty behaviour from the guys they are coupled up with. It also suggests heavily that he's playing a game by sabotaging other couples so he can win.

His language when talking about Liberty is possessive. 'Made you MY girlfriend', 'you're MY girlfriend'. Everything he says about them as a couple indicates he views Liberty as a possession. An object. Not entering into a relationship of her own free will. Nope, he is dominant, in control of her. He made her.
For contrast look at Millie and Liam and the language they use. Everything they say is about being a team, THEIR relationship, togetherness, equality. They build each other up. When have you ever seen Jake build Liberty up? Treat her as an equal?

They way he manipulates the conversations with Liberty so that she is constantly flattering his ego. Always asking questions so that she is forever telling him how much she fancies him, how funny he is, how he makes her feel but never reciprocating. He's undermining her confidence, making her always prove how much she likes him in the hope that one day he'll compliment her or tell her how he feels.

Last night talking to the boys he 'speculated' that the results of the public vote and them not being a genuine couple were because Liberty doesn't talk to him if there's a problem. He insinuated it was her fault. But of course she doesn't talk to him, she's not secure enough in the relationship to feel she can discuss problems without him dumping her. He has done that deliberately so he has more control over her. If you're constantly worried that someone you love is going to leave you, you'll try harder to keep them happy by dismissing your own feelings.

Tomorrow night's episode... I would bet money on Jake trying to isolate Liberty from the other girls by telling her that they are poisoning her against him, that they are playing games. He'll reassure her that he's the only one she can trust.

His behaviour is insidious. He's awful and whatever Liberty's faults, she deserves better than him.

• Heart
Reactions: 59

Laika1234

VIP Member
Tyler quickly threw Kaz under the bus there during the discussion about the girls doubting Jake when Teddy could have said the same about Faye and didn’t.

Reactions: 58

Sez99

VIP Member
JAKES GONE SO RED !!!!!!
Why is he rambling like he’s in a job interview ?

• Haha
Reactions: 57