Lost items

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone ever lost anything important or sentimental?

I lost a bracelet today that I bought myself for accomplishing something important to me 😭 it’s super dainty so I’m not surprised it came off when I was trying on clothes. Left my information at the shop etc but I don’t think I’ll ever see it again ☹

so I made this thread to ask if any of you have ever lost anything?

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Fingers crossed for you. I lost a very expensive bracelet my boyfriend at the time bought me. We tore his car apart thinking it was in there and we never found it. Was really upset for a long time and still wonder now where it went. We hadn't really been anywhere the day it disappeared from my wrist.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
An expensive 24k gold ring my grandmother bought for me a few years before she died.

I still feel sad whenever I think about it.

I also inherited even more expensive jewelry from her but don’t ever touch it and won’t wear them/ it outside.

It’s not just about the price just that I was too young and stupid to look after it properly that gets me.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I put a large sum of cash in a safe place somewhere in my house after a few drinks back in May. Haven’t been able to find it since as I’ve completely forgotten where it was. It would be good if it turned up!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Has anyone ever lost anything important or sentimental?

I lost a bracelet today that I bought myself for accomplishing something important to me 😭 it’s super dainty so I’m not surprised it came off when I was trying on clothes. Left my information at the shop etc but I don’t think I’ll ever see it again ☹

so I made this thread to ask if any of you have ever lost anything?
Oh no it wasn’t the Van Cleef was it? Fingers crossed for you 🤞🏼💫

I don’t think I’ve ever lost anything but I know I’d be heartbroken if I did. I like to think that most people are good enough to hand something in xxx

My mum knitted me the most beautiful thick cosy scarf, I was so excited to wear it. I put it on for the first time one mild September day, it definitely wasn’t scarf weather so I had to take it off, and accidentally left it somewhere in town 😭😭😭 still upsets me know to think of it, she offered to make me another one but I felt so bad about it I couldn’t have her make another. Totally gutted man it was the nicest thing I’d ever owned, honestly this scarf was a thing of beauty. 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I actually lost my engagement ring when I was trying on wedding dresses, I didn't even realise until I got home that Saturday evening, it was a long wait till the Monday morning when I could phone the shop the owner went to check the changing room and amazingly it was still on the floor I literally just caught her before she got the hoover out luck or what 😮

• Heart
When I turned 30 I lost the watch that I got for my 21st birthday. It was from my ex so I think it was time for me to let go of it.

Oh no it wasn’t the Van Cleef was it? Fingers crossed for you 🤞🏼💫

I don’t think I’ve ever lost anything but I know I’d be heartbroken if I did. I like to think that most people are good enough to hand something in xxx
Not the van cleef thankfully, omg I would be distraught if it was 😭😭 it was just a cheaper diamond bracelet, in 18k rose gold. Super small and dainty, so it was a few hundred pounds, but I bought it for myself and it was so so unique, hence why I loved it a lot. I’m sad I lost it, but ah well ☹

i lost it in Zara, I really hope someone hands it in 🥲 xxx

I lost a necklace my husband bought me for my 21st around the time we moved house. It was a one off piece and the one thing I really wanted my daughter to have. I looked everywhere...

8 years later I was tidying a wardrobe and it just dropped down from the top shelf 😯. It's a fitted wardrobe and I can't really see the top shelf but I can't understand how I'd not disturbed it before taking down weekend bags, hiding Christmas presents etc. Anyway in short sometimes lost things do come back x

• Wow
Bit random but I've lost one of my favourite t-shirts and I cannot find it anywhere. It has to be in the house somewhere, but I've searched through absolutely everything and it's not there. It's like it's been sucked into a black hole!

I once lost a black diamond eternity ring. I searched high and low for it and then a couple of years later I randomly found it in the top pocket of a jacket. I also lost a diamond out of the same ring with no idea where it might have come out. Miraculously I found it a few weeks later in the bedroom carpet, slightly under the bed. It now only comes out for special occasions!

I lost a gorgeous mustard coatigan from Elsie's Attic last year. I'd only worn it twice and it gave me that swishy feeling. I presume I must have left it in a hotel room whilst travelling for work but frustratingly I can't actually remember if I took it with me. I definitely didn't wear whilst away but it's not anywhere at home. It's sold out unfortunately I've been checking Ebay and Vinted in case one shows up. Not as valuable as a ring obviously but frustrating non the less!

Reactions: 1
I once lost this tiny diamond in my necklace, on holiday. It fell out after I had taken a bath, from the chain part of the necklace. Miraculously I found it, and kept it in a little zip bag, until I came back home to have it repaired. Still amazes me how I found it!

I’ve attached a picture of how small the hole is (where my finger is), where the diamond fell out. You can see the hole above it where the stone is still in place

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I lost my wedding ring on holiday this august, I‘d put it in the zipped pocket in my handbag because it was a very hot day and my fingers were swollen, i went to get it out the next morning and it was gone…..😥😥😥

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I lost two sets of house keys in two weeks in the bloody house …still haven’t them over a year later 🙄

I have a Pandora birth stone ring with my oldest son's birthstone that I was given when he was born very prematurely and in hospital so its very sentimental to me.

We went to centre parcs when said son was about 1 and I took it off and put it in my bag when we went swimming.

I left it there for the duration of the holiday and only went to get it out of my bag when I got home. It wasn't there and I was very upset.

I emailed centre parcs not expecting any luck and they called me, asked for a description of the ring and said yep, it was found in the changing rooms. I felt extremely lucky!

• Heart
Reactions: 4