Long Distance Relationships

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone here in a LDR? Me and my fiancé have been separated by Covid restrictions since early 2020. His country is completely closed to all casual travel and the work culture means he couldn’t visit me and take time off to quarantine without quitting his job. I feel so lonely sometimes and the longer it goes on it’s just so unbearable 😩
If there’s anybody out there in a similar situation I’d love to chat/ rant/ vent lol.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Anyone here in a LDR? Me and my fiancé have been separated by Covid restrictions since early 2020. His country is completely closed to all casual travel and the work culture means he couldn’t visit me and take time off to quarantine without quitting his job. I feel so lonely sometimes and the longer it goes on it’s just so unbearable 😩
If there’s anybody out there in a similar situation I’d love to chat/ rant/ vent lol.
Didn't want to read and run - I've had ldr but never been apart more than a few days ... Sending you lots of love xxx

Reactions: 2
I was in an LDR with my now husband many years ago, eventually I moved to be with him. I remember how hard it was and that was only 120 miles. It must be so much harder in a pandemic and in a different country! I really feel for you.

Reactions: 3
Yes with my partner of 3 years - same as you having been separated since the start of the pandemic. I’ve just quit my job and moved to be with him. I just said screw it sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and nothing was worth being separated any longer. (And I’m lucky border controls will allow it and I have some savings to live off while I job hunt - with language barrier) Sending you huge huge hugs , separated LDR have really suffered silently during this crisis.

Reactions: 3
Thank you all so much for replying! I will be moving to live with him after the pandemic but it’s just so tit, his country is completely shut with no signs of opening so have to keep waiting 😭
I agree, I get so mad seeing people saying people are scum for traveling. Some of us just want to see our loved ones! I’m so happy to hear you guys have reunited with your partners and hopefully won’t be too long before I can too 🙏🏼

• Heart
I moved from England to Norway to be with my partner, we did 2 years long distance before we closed the distance. I learnt the language and retrained to be able to work. My English qualifications are not recognised in Norway. It was and is still hard being too foreign for Norway and some how still not really English anymore. Stuck in a no mans land between two cultures. Things have changed in England, it’s not the same place I left over 10 years ago.

We started dating before smart phones where normal to have, so texting and calling was super expensive. Lucky we had Skype and webcams on laptops.

I remember when we both first got an iPhone each and could iMessage each other. Felt amazing being able to text each other like a ‘normal’ relationship.

We used to watch movies and series together with Skype in the back ground, then we could laugh together and share comments about what we where watching. We would write letters, cards and notes to each other. We also had a scrap book of what we did together when one of us visited. Lucky the time difference is only an hour.

I remember when I moved over that I was most looking forward doing the small everyday things together all the time. Things like eating breakfast together, doing the washing up together. Those small quiet moments that are often overlooked but can make you feel close to each other.

I can’t imagine how hard covid is making long distance right now.

My bf and I have been together for 4 years, he moved abroad in January for a job, so it’s been long distance since then. I’m not finding it as hard as I thought I would! Some days are harder than others but we FaceTime every night :) he’s trying to find another job back in the U.K. and come back so I’m looking forward to that.

I’ve been in LDRs before this so I’m quite used to it :)

Reactions: 1
My fiancé is Japanese so I definitely understand the difficulty of feeling like you don’t fit in to their culture! When we met he couldn’t speak a word of English, and when we met again a few months later he had been attempting to learn it 😊

Before Covid we had planned for me to move to Japan to live together so for that to be put on hold is just so tit. But I am so looking forward to finally being able to do the mundane things, like just eating together and watching tv together, again. It’s been so long 😩
It’s so heartening reading all of your stories tho 😊

• Heart

Bump!!! These two had a long distance relationship for years and it's worked out. I don't think distance means that much if you're genuinely in to one another.