London day out ideas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off to London soon for a day with a 10 and 12 year old. Want to show them the things like Buckingham Palace ect but didnt know if anyone knew any cool hidden places?

Want to try and do it on the cheap so looking for free things to do. Ive not been to London in a good 5/6 years. So Ive no idea whats around anymore. 😂😂

Reactions: 1
What kind of things do your kids like?

-Science museum : free entry
-Natural history museum : free entry
-Victoria and albert art museum: free entry
-Imperial war museum : free entry
-Kenwood house in Hampstead is free to visit and you could also spend time in the park. They have outdoor swimming too.
-M&M world + the largest lego store on lecister square: free entry to both just don’t buy the chocolates from the self selectors and you’re okay.
-London Dungeons : you can buy cheaper tickets if you visit more then one attraction.
-Postal Museum : ride on a mini underground train
-Ruislip lido: our closest beach

• Heart
What kind of things do your kids like?

-Science museum : free entry
-Natural history museum : free entry
-Victoria and albert art museum: free entry
-Imperial war museum : free entry
-Kenwood house in Hampstead is free to visit and you could also spend time in the park. They have outdoor swimming too.
-M&M world + the largest lego store on lecister square: free entry to both just don’t buy the chocolates from the self selectors and you’re okay.
-London Dungeons : you can buy cheaper tickets if you visit more then one attraction.
-Postal Museum : ride on a mini underground train
-Ruislip lido: our closest beach
Thats the issue, theyre chalk and cheese. One is a diva who loves anything girly, make up ect and the other is more into football, drawing ect.

They both do like science so ive 'booked' the science museum as you have to pre book tickets online.

The mini underground train sounds fun, I can imagine them both liking that.

• Heart
-Kidzania
-Discovery children's story centre
- Platform 9 3/4 at kings cross station - Harry potter
-There are also Harry potter tours
-Aquarium
-Sky Garden
-Jubilee Gardens
-Tootbus London kids tour

• Heart
Do they enjoy walking? I had a trip down there for a few days an walked from King's Cross out to Camden market along the water, was really nice an peaceful, it's quite a walk though but if they enjoy it then it's nice to do, takes maybe around a hour

• Heart
It’s a bit a grey today but I recommend getting on a boat, you can pick them up from London eye, embankment, and go down to North Greenwich. There is the maritime museum, fantastic for all. From there you can walk to the emirates cable cars, it costs about £5.70, it’s a good 45mins and great fun. Once you get to Royal Docks there are great places to eat, Docklands museum, Mudchute farm, and you are in the DLR line which is always fun

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The River Cruise at the back of the London Eye is great, done it many times and never gets boring. You can go up Tower Bridge and it has a glass walkway.

Agree with Leicester Square - M&Ms and Lego but definitely don’t buy anything.

• Heart
There's a lovely canal boat that goes from Little Venice to Camden past London Zoo (and you can see a few animals). I went a while ago but I don't recall it being overly expensive.

Also loved Kyoto Garden in Holland Park but probably not as interactive for kiddies.

Sky garden is cool & free (needs booking)

• Heart
-Kidzania
-Discovery children's story centre
- Platform 9 3/4 at kings cross station - Harry potter
-There are also Harry potter tours
-Aquarium
-Sky Garden
-Jubilee Gardens
-Tootbus London kids tour
Theyre massive harry potter fans so definitely gonna attempt kings cross station

Reactions: 2
Theyre massive harry potter fans so definitely gonna attempt kings cross station
Be warned…. It gets very busy the last time I went to London (from Yorkshire so KC is my London terminus. The store and photo op are on the way to the toilets) the wait time wait time was nearly an hour (though this was 2018ish I think there’s more than one trolly now) the store does carry exclusive bits to that location (or it did when I went)

The museums already mentioned are a good shout especially the free ones. You don’t feel as guilty if you leave after half hour of kids get bored.

There’s also the Princess Diana memorial playground in Kensington Gardens which might be worth looking into. It’s also just a nice place if you wanted a picnic spot.

• Heart
Be warned…. It gets very busy the last time I went to London (from Yorkshire so KC is my London terminus. The store and photo op are on the way to the toilets) the wait time wait time was nearly an hour (though this was 2018ish I think there’s more than one trolly now) the store does carry exclusive bits to that location (or it did when I went)

The museums already mentioned are a good shout especially the free ones. You don’t feel as guilty if you leave after half hour of kids get bored.

There’s also the Princess Diana memorial playground in Kensington Gardens which might be worth looking into. It’s also just a nice place if you wanted a picnic spot.
Yeah, if the Harry Potter thing is to busy we will move on, they both went to the studios last year so they're not gonna miss much (I dont think 🙈)