Local/ General Anasthetic

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This kind of carries on from my last thread and my tooth extraction
Recap... they weren't able to get all the tooth out, so I'm being referred to the dental hospital 😕
I was talking to someone today about it, and they asked if they will be putting me to sleep to do this! I hadn't really thought about it, and just assumed it'll be the same procedure as my dentist, and numbing the area etc?
Do they still put people ' to sleep' for this procedure, kinda worrying now as don't really fancy that! 😫

It will be sedation more likely, I’ve had it a couple times. It’s injected through a cannula on your hand (doesn’t hurt) I stayed awake but I wasn’t even aware of where I was I was fixated on the dentist knowing how much I weighed 😄 it was all over and done pretty quickly! Hope all goes well 💕

Reactions: 1
It will be sedation more likely, I’ve had it a couple times. It’s injected through a cannula on your hand (doesn’t hurt) I stayed awake but I wasn’t even aware of where I was I was fixated on the dentist knowing how much I weighed 😄 it was all over and done pretty quickly! Hope all goes well 💕
Thanks
Were you advised to take someone with you etc?

Thanks
Were you advised to take someone with you etc?
Ah yes I forgot about that! My mum came with me because last time I went on my own with the intention of just getting a taxi home, they flat out refused to do it and my mum had to get there asap. So make sure you take someone x

Reactions: 2
Ah yes I forgot about that! My mum came with me because last time I went on my own with the intention of just getting a taxi home, they flat out refused to do it and my mum had to get there asap. So make sure you take someone x
Thanks again
Just thought about if I'd need someone with me!
Most of my friend's etc work, so may be a bit difficult

If you are having sedation, you should be told prior to your appointment, as like said, you'll need someone to accompany you home and ideally stay with you a few hours after its done.

My partner had this, just had local anaesthetic, dental surgeon cut his gum removed the bits of the tooth and stitched his gum