LMG jewellery insurance claim. HELP/ADVICE

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi, has anyone dealt with LMG jewellery wit their contents insurance? I lost a couple of rings which i am claiming for. One was a bespoke ring which was gifted 40 years ago. If replaced with the identical ring it would still be covered on my non listed items (under £1400). Am panicking as I’ve looked at similar rings on their lists of credited jewellers and they are really terrible and cheap. I’ve never had to negotiate something like this and don’t want to be fobbed off! I’ve contacted the jewellers that made my original ring and they can make and exact copy.

Are you able to take a cash settlement instead, so you can get the original jeweller to make a new one?

Are you able to take a cash settlement instead, so you can get the original jeweller to make a new one?
Hi! Thanks for replying, I managed to get most of the money I’ll have to stump up an extra £200 for it. But I’m ok with that, as the ones the had on their website were awful! Didn’t realise how much gold has gone up, 100% over the last few years. I reckon a lot of people are under insured for their stuff. X

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I hope it goes well for you! Gold has gone up so much in recent years and I agree we don't always get it valued regularly so might be declaring lower values on policies x

• Heart
Reactions: 1