LMD Louise McDonnell #5 We smell a rat, she’s loosing fat, put that in your group chat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry just a follow on from the last thread - if you are white and writing about how using the N word in the context of a song is fine and not racist at all, kindly stop. How are you as a white person going to tell people whats racist and whats not??? As a POC in the north of ireland, im not ok with white people saying it, that includes singing it in a song.

Reactions: 13
Sorry just a follow on from the last thread - if you are white and writing about how using the N word in the context of a song is fine and not racist at all, kindly stop. How are you as a white person going to tell people whats racist and whats not??? As a POC in the north of ireland, im not ok with white people saying it, that includes singing it in a song.
I’m not trying to cause an argument, could you give us a brief explanation as to why it’s not ok to sing along with song lyrics, as a white person? Genuine question. I’d like to hear things from your perspective.

Reactions: 4
I’m not trying to cause an argument, could you give us a brief explanation as to why it’s not ok to sing along with song lyrics, as a white person? Genuine question. I’d like to hear things from your perspective.
While it isnt my job to educate anyone on why they should or shouldnt use this type of language point blank - from my personal point of view its just downright offensive. It's a slur and its uncomfortable to hear for any POC person, especially in a country where we make up 1% of the population. Racism is alive, well and rife in ireland - you may be singing it as part of a song, and may not mean it but how do i know that? How does any other POC know that? Id like to assume you dont use slurs against people with disabilities or homophobic slurs against the LGBTQ community? I dont use that type of language in my every day life, so why would i change that just because its in a song i like? It's nearly as much effort to sing it as it would be to not sing it, maybe not everyone finds it offensive but because there is a large number who do, its best to just skip it. In saying all of that, i cant control what anyone else does with their life or what language people choose to use, but if it was my friends or white family members, they would no longer be involved in my life.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’d say the majority of songs these days that we sing along to would offend someone if you actually listened the the lyrics and their meaning but there’s maybe some words you’d want to avoid singing or mouthing and putting on your social media. Whether you want to sing it or not if your own choice but surely have the intelligence to know you might get a bit of back lash posting it publicly.

Reactions: 3
Not to be a dick, but it'll annoy me every time I click on this thread - it's losing, not loosing.

Sorry, I'll show myself out.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Let's move on from this topic as it's been said and getting disruptive - Please read our rules and why they're important
While it isnt my job to educate anyone on why they should or shouldnt use this type of language point blank - from my personal point of view its just downright offensive. It's a slur and its uncomfortable to hear for any POC person, especially in a country where we make up 1% of the population. Racism is alive, well and rife in ireland - you may be singing it as part of a song, and may not mean it but how do i know that? How does any other POC know that? Id like to assume you dont use slurs against people with disabilities or homophobic slurs against the LGBTQ community? I dont use that type of language in my every day life, so why would i change that just because its in a song i like? It's nearly as much effort to sing it as it would be to not sing it, maybe not everyone finds it offensive but because there is a large number who do, its best to just skip it. In saying all of that, i cant control what anyone else does with their life or what language people choose to use, but if it was my friends or white family members, they would no longer be involved in my life.
I totally agree. While you are educating, can I ask something? I was under the impression that using the term Poc was derogatory and now considered a slur, yet you've used it. I always had used it, however stopped when I read that. Is it fine to use?!
---
Not to be a dick, but it'll annoy me every time I click on this thread - it's losing, not loosing.

Sorry, I'll show myself out.
I'm glad someone else noticed 🤣 it annoys me too!

Guys, guys, guys - I am DYING at her ‘shop’ in Ballymena….

I was in it earlier and honestly WTF there’s nothing in it! There’s no proper set up, a table in the middle with a few products scattered.

There’s no prices on anything and there’s not even a till!!!!!

The girl working has a handwritten paper price list and a calculator 🙈🙈🙈

Feel wick

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Guys, guys, guys - I am DYING at her ‘shop’ in Ballymena….

I was in it earlier and honestly WTF there’s nothing in it! There’s no proper set up, a table in the middle with a few products scattered.

There’s no prices on anything and there’s not even a till!!!!!

The girl working has a handwritten paper price list and a calculator 🙈🙈🙈

Feel wick
Put that in your group chat 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
LMD now conscious of what she puts in her body and is ditching tampons because of “bleach and chemicals” but takes ❄ that’s probably only about 6% pure 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She says so many messages have came in, there’s probably two.. also I’m definitely sure they don’t say Louise what are you using? Stop trying to make yourself relevant ❄queen.

Reactions: 2
She says so many messages have came in, there’s probably two.. also I’m definitely sure they don’t say Louise what are you using? Stop trying to make yourself relevant ❄queen.
I still can’t get over how cheeky she was to my friend last weekend, snotty oul bleep! Ballymena store is dying of death and no doubt will be closed by the end of the year! How can Brendan and team take her to Coachella, I’d rather take my dead cat, she tries to grasp on to anything atm, I could write a book at the McDonnells seriously

Reactions: 6
I still can’t get over how cheeky she was to my friend last weekend, snotty oul bleep! Ballymena store is dying of death and no doubt will be closed by the end of the year! How can Brendan and team take her to Coachella, I’d rather take my dead cat, she tries to grasp on to anything atm, I could write a book at the McDonnells seriously
And you still haven’t told us what was said so it’s carrying over to another thread ?
🤔

Reactions: 4
What you on about? I clearly said in last thread that my friend went over to Louise and asked about make up advice and Louise said her friend was about to come on despite Andy coming on 5 mins later!!

And you still haven’t told us what was said so it’s carrying over to another thread ?
🤔

Reactions: 1
What you on about? I clearly said in last thread that my friend went over to Louise and asked about make up advice and Louise said her friend was about to come on despite Andy coming on 5 mins later!!

Definitely not an LMD fan as you’ll see from my previous posts, but I have to say if she’s on a night out she’s not there to give people make up advice.

I think your friend was weird to approach her there and expect this.

Reactions: 12
Definitely not an LMD fan as you’ll see from my previous posts, but I have to say if she’s on a night out she’s not there to give people make up advice.

I think your friend was weird to approach her there and expect this.
What did your friend actually ask her and what did Louise say ?
That’s like a Nurse on a night out asked to give someone’s piles the once over😂and I must have missed your answer on the last post but I will go have a look

Reactions: 9
This thread has become 🫠

What about sticky Vicky on the magazine cover, looking like an extra from Dynasty circa 1985? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.