LL off topic #11 The Wrong Fellas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same, and the MW today was really shocked when I said that’s the excuse they gave yesterday.

I did research it myself and every week before 39 weeks has a 5% increase in risk. But that risk is minimal compared to the risk of still birth when ignoring reduced fetal movement. And that’s reduced movement without all the heart rate issues baby R is having.
His dad has ADHD. If Baby R has it then that’s the reason, it’s not because they got him out 5 days before 39 weeks. Morons.
---

No she just said any birth before 39 weeks has an increased risk of adhd and that was her single reason for refusing earlier csection or induction yesterday 😳

If you’re not happy after whatever happens today I’d absolutely ring the other hospital (find the number for mat triage, it must be online somewhere) and cry and say you’re so worried and your hospital aren’t doing anything. Or say you are in the area and you can’t get to your hospital in time. Say you’re having contractions/no movement/super worried, maybe they will see you, might be worth a try.

Liverbird might know more but surely people need care from different hospitals when they are on holiday etc and you just go to the nearest one? Not sure how it would work with maternity but they’d have to see you right?
---
What time are your scans @raspberryjuice ? Are you home now or at the hospital?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'll be honest, I've not heard of that. I'm working tonight so I'm going to have a look into it.
I’d never heard of it either and I’ve been doing a lot of research over the past few months. At one point they were delivering at 36 weeks (until bleeding stopped and my placenta moved slightly out of the way of my cervix - even tho I’ve always been ELCS so not really necessary as he was never coming out that way?) and they didn’t mention it then. SIL had twins in and her section was planned for 37 weeks - never mentioned adhd risk to her and she’s under the same hospital. Countless women have planned inductions or csections at 37/38 weeks and I’ve not heard of any of them being told about the increased adhd risk. Risk to lungs development, potential for NICU admission, jaundice, baby being extra mucus-y because they haven’t been squeezed on the way out etc etc yes, I accept and acknowledge those risks. But adhd? Jog on 🙄 my MW today hadn’t even heard of it and she works with that consultant.
I wonder if it’s one of her special interests or something and that’s why she was going on about it??
---
If you’re not happy after whatever happens today I’d absolutely ring the other hospital (find the number for mat triage, it must be online somewhere) and cry and say you’re so worried and your hospital aren’t doing anything. Or say you are in the area and you can’t get to your hospital in time. Say you’re having contractions/no movement/super worried, maybe they will see you, might be worth a try.

Liverbird might know more but surely people need care from different hospitals when they are on holiday etc and you just go to the nearest one? Not sure how it would work with maternity but they’d have to see you right?
---
What time are your scans @raspberryjuice ? Are you home now or at the hospital?
I guess they’d have to see me but I’d worry about being allowed my csection because they wouldn’t have my trauma history?
I’ve just looked up the 2 nearest hospitals maternity units CQC ratings too and theyre both also requires improvement 😂 might see if Mr R fancies a weekend away somewhere close to a hospital rated good.

The scans are 4:15 and 8:15. Hospital is 4:15 then private one later on.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve never heard of the adhd thing either and in the grand scheme of things does it even fuckin matter, like you want your baby born safely. I’d report this consultant and I wouldn’t even do her the honour of keeping her anonymous
What a stupid daft bleep

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve never heard of the adhd thing either and in the grand scheme of things does it even fuckin matter, like you want your baby born safely. I’d report this consultant and I wouldn’t even do her the honour of keeping her anonymous
What a stupid daft bleep
Exactly that. I’d rather have a child with adhd than a dead baby which is what the other increased risk is if they keep ignoring me?! And those risks are much higher than the 5% for adhd!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just catching up from last night and so annoyed for you rasp! I cannot fathom how poor the care has been for you and as a mother of an adhd child duck using that as an excuse not to deliver safely. Hope the scans go well today and then when you have time put in all mother of a complaint to all the heads of in that hospital/trust as it’s unbelievable and you can guarantee you aren’t the only woman they are treating in this way. Infuriating behaviour!

Love to you all, hope little rasp will make an appearance v soon.

• Heart
You can have a baby in any hospital you want. You could drive to Newcastle and birth there BUT you are more complicated than just rocking up and pushing out your baby.
A new hospital would want all your information, would they even have a c section slot, would it end up needing to be done on an emergency list. It would be a lot.
My hospital is a big one so we get all the high risk cases from the surrounding area so we are used to people turning up and needing to be reviewed in depth but these are ones we know about in advance.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
You can have a baby in any hospital you want. You could drive to Newcastle and birth there BUT you are more complicated than just rocking up and pushing out your baby.
A new hospital would want all your information, would they even have a c section slot, would it end up needing to be done on an emergency list. It would be a lot.
My hospital is a big one so we get all the high risk cases from the surrounding area so we are used to people turning up and needing to be reviewed in depth but these are ones we know about in advance.
This was my thinking, my own medical history is enough to explain without going in to all the detail about my pregnancy and the issues we’ve had. It would be a lot to talk through with a consultant and then get a csection sorted etc. Not helped that my paper notes are very basic because it’s all gone digital in our trust during my pregnancy but my digital notes are a pile of crap too.
I think if we have a second though I’ll definitely be using a different hospital. Or hiring you to be my private midwife 😁😂

• Heart
This was my thinking, my own medical history is enough to explain without going in to all the detail about my pregnancy and the issues we’ve had. It would be a lot to talk through with a consultant and then get a csection sorted etc. Not helped that my paper notes are very basic because it’s all gone digital in our trust during my pregnancy but my digital notes are a pile of crap too.
I think if we have a second though I’ll definitely be using a different hospital. Or hiring you to be my private midwife 😁😂
I'll give you a good discount 😘

Our trust went digital about 3 years ago and I still hate it. I miss having paper notes to flick through and write in.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
And you’ll get 9 months staying by the sea, i’ll be sure to plan it over summer for you 🤣

They were showing my paper notes to a group of students I had trying out their baby locating skills on me yesterday and they all said now much better they are than digital notes. I get save paper, go digital etc but it’s surely so much easier to flick through the book when you know where everything you’re looking for actually is and can see every report and test result at a glance rather than clicking around a screen and in and out of reports to see comparisons? 🙈
What’s great is my trust scrapped paper notes when I was around 3m, and when I was 8m I was given their new version of paper notes that go alongside the digital ones 🤷🏻‍♀️ so they’ve just replaced the bigger book with a smaller version 🤣

Reactions: 3
On our way to scan 1 now. Baby Rasp seems to have been moving a little more over the past couple of hours but still nothing like normal, and I’m still not happy with anything done so far over the past week.

My mum is already starting to draft a complaint for me so we don’t miss anything. I won’t send it til me and baby R are home safely incase we have any more issues but I feel happier knowing we’re starting the process.

• Heart
Reactions: 7