Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
I hear you both! I have never been to NYC but (here in Germany) a ticket to the USA could easily cost 1000€, that's why I personally wouldn't spend that much money on a short trip (just the tickets alone) or at least I would try to go some place else additionally, so I get a little more use out of the plane costs
Exactly that and the eco costs.. it's better to stay a long time.. It costs me on average £666 to fly there but last night when I was looking at flying over for something at the start of Jan fares were crazy.. between £750 and £1200 . I kept changing the dates to try to reduce the cost but it only increased lol. As I am not sure if I will have anywhere to stay this time I might have to sit that one out as even rooms in cheap Airbnbs would raise it abut another £400

Interesting that there is such a big price difference! I’m from your neighbouring country the Netherlands and have never flown for more than €600 to NYC. But that’s off-topic.
I know friends who got a really good deal and went for 650€ also but I think those used to be special offers. However, I just checked what a flight would cost me right now and they are very cheap at the moment (around 400) I assume that's because of Covid? I didn't keep in mind that flights might be cheaper atm so Lindsey might have actually gotten a really good deal then!
[/QUOTE]
i'm wondering if Covid has increased the fares. I looked at same route earlier in the year and it was slightly reduced from £666 to around £400 but at that point UK were still not allowed in..(tho i think Ireland was or otherwise why would they be selling tickets?)

Reactions: 2

jaymie

VIP Member
I've also got a lad in NYC. WE have been dating for 5 yrs and even I wouldn't be doing the channel hopping she does even if I had the money. It's too early for our mostly long distance relationship. Agree with you on the classic dick behaviour.. why oh why do these women drop everything else in their lives so quick for a bit of dick? So sad..

Amen to this.. I always said I'd never buy one as i hate the damn ugly things and they look like you are wearing your bloody duvet

Cut to me being back n NYC again and what have i acquired? a puffer coat... because its minus 17 and the wool coat I had wasn't cutting it .

to my credit tho I didn't buy it myself...so technically I didn't.. Not sure I'll take it back to the UK tho - might resell or donate
Have you seen the one that looks skinny, looks like bin bag yuck.

Question: if she works in the US, how does the tax works? Does she pay US tax?

dunnerfish

She wasn’t wearing her gillet. These photos are probably from another day.
She looked soo frumpy. She was wearing a dark brown sheepskin, looked vintage. But I don’t think it suit her. Denim and Ugg boots. With a canvas shopper bag. Very Sunday morning. Tired, dirty hair kind of look. Energetically looked a bit down and lonely, dare I say. Nothing to envy, ladies.

No as tall as I thought. Very average. You wouldn’t give her a second look at all. I thought she looked older too and a tad miserable. But hey is nearly Xmas and we’re in a pandemic. It’s a tough time for a lot of people
But this is not like her styling, Ugg boots and a vintage sheepskin??

Sosogood

Was scrolling through the first 12 pages of Most Liked Comments (A delight of an activity, everyone is very funny) for the new thread title. Didn't see any, but did spot this masterful comment from @weepingfeet

I think the full sentence wouldn't fit in with their names and the thread number though! Any ideas?

We could do a NYC reference maybe?
Maybe Lindsay Holland & Lizzy in the City? and then # and *insert funny name thread here*

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
Thank you I did... I actually meant to type it.. I think watching all the YT where creators get demonitised if they mention it so get creative has rubbed off
Do people really get dinged if they mention the pandemic?! That's insane. As if we are all supposed to just ignore it?

Pulltheotherone

VIP Member
I watched that documentary a couple of years ago.
I hope he’s okay now. He was very damaged then, he had had a very difficult time to say the least.

• Sad

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
Have you seen the one that looks skinny, looks like bin bag yuck.

Question: if she works in the US, how does the tax works? Does she pay US tax?
IDK but I think when my American bf worked in London he paid UK AND US tax on his earnings..

mines like this one btw.. i think the shiny ones are even worse.. like you said like bin bags..

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
If you’re staying inside, that’s not a problem.

If you go outside on a very hot humid day, it becomes everyone’s problem 😂

Didn’t I tell you guys Lizzy was going to move to New York. The amount of time she stayed, I could definitely tell she enjoys the city. To bad the crime rate has skyrocketed. Lizzy isn’t used to mentally ill people roaming about with nothing to lose and a gun in their pocket.
which area is this? My partner lives in NYC and I've heard nothing about this sky rocketing crime rate

Nova

VIP Member
Really, I would not be cool at all with someone using MY house for a LG Clothing Care Solutions advert. It's really disingenuous of Refinery too honestly. Not only is that not someone's real house tour, who even knows what's true in what she's talking about here.
Me neither, but she probably asked for permission. It may be good publicity for the next renter.

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
Yeah I saw that before. She is going to regret that in a few years. Educated woman, no need to release that to the public. Not sure what it has to do with the forced pout though?
i believe it was my replying to a comment about why someone would have filler when they already have full lips..