Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

peachesncreammm

Chatty Member
If I was Leigh Perrie and Jade I would be so angry right now! Jesys interview ... I don’t even know what to say. I think it’s the way she just throws them off “the other 3 girls” “I didn’t want to wear what they wanted” “I wouldn’t listen to their music” “I would try and starve myself because they were skinny”. She’s throwing HER insecurities onto other people. Almost as if she’s blaming them for it. Absolute narcissist

Reactions: 44

Readread

VIP Member
Can we get out of this weird prehistoric mindset that women can't possibly work after having children please :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

Boohoo.com

🙄🙄 she can’t help herself, constantly trying to outshine Leigh-Anne and the girls. A pregnancy announcement is a lot bigger than a fucking magazine cover. She didn’t even post a comment on Leigh-Anne’a post. That’s jealousy right there, Leigh-Anne was your sister for 9 years, your best friend. I’m actually really REALLY disappointed in jesy now 😤☹ anyways, Huge Congratulations Leigh-Anne!! ❤❤x

Attachments

Reactions: 36

Lemontree04

Chatty Member
I accidentally stumbled upon this tweet and wouldn't be surprised if it's true lol

She must be a nightmare to work with 😐

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 35

Ugholhere

VIP Member
She really didn’t say one nice thing about them in that interview. It’s all woe is me

Reactions: 32

jackolantern

VIP Member
This narrative of women giving up their careers once they become mothers is so toxic. Yet non suprisingly, not one person saying Alex or the other fella will give up their careers. Wish we could re-enter 2021 and move on from this ancient view point. They can love their babies and their job, it's not one or the other.

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Lara98

Chatty Member
Sounds like Jesy is trying to blame the others for her insecurities but can't accept the fact they come from within and she needs to love herself. If she loved herself and was happy within herself, she wouldn't constantly worry about being compared to them.

Reactions: 30

elliexmae

Chatty Member
There is zero proof fans didn’t like her because of that, I’ve never seen fans hate her because she’s black or anything like that. That’s why I said I don’t doubt her experiences with issues surround race but I don’t see how she can say she had less fans and screams because of it. I’ve seen plenty of live acts and seen memebers have less screams and it’s not because of any particular reason, it’s just the way it is. You had Perrie dating Zayn who would of put her on a much bigger platform for the fans so she would of had more screams than Leighanne and if I think back to earlier albums, she was my least favourite because she was much quieter and didn’t shine as much on the songs, now to me, I love her and her vocals have matured and gotten much better especially on Confetti album! You all can’t have the biggest screams in the crowd!
I feel like people are still very ignorant when it comes to racism. Not all forms of racism are blatant or overt. There's such thing as implicit biases. What Leigh-Anne faced is something that many other boy and girl groups members who come from ethnic minority backgrounds have spoken about – there's a part of the fanbase who simply ignores them and they seem to have to work harder than the white members to get a fraction of the attention they get. I have seen several white Little Mix fans saying Leigh-Anne is their least favourite because "they can't relate to her" and they were talking about race. Also, we don't know what her experience in the industry, behind the scenes, have been. The reality is she was pushed to have a more "urban style" (like shaving half of her head on the X Factor which she absolutely hated) and that style was pushed onto her because of the colour of her skin. These type of racial stereotypes are very common in the industry (and society in general) and very harmful.

• Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
Aren't we supposed to have moved on from the prehistoric thinking that women have to abandon their careers once they have a family? If she chooses to do so, then that's entirely her perrogative and nothing wrong with that, but I don't think we should be presuming when so far, there's no sign of it at all. Women can do both and most often do.

KINGAA

VIP Member
385C523C-32DD-4FA1-960E-D24E2586DC35.jpeg

Also, I can’t get over how different she looks in person to her heavily filtered Instagram photos!

• Wow
  • Sad

Zetamaria

Just popping in this thread and thought I’d dump some information now that it’s pretty much confirmed. My friend who works within the industry told me awhile back that Jessy actually has been in the studio for ages now working on solo stuff with writers his clients were working with also and apparently she’s a real b*tch. 👍

• Wow
Reactions: 29
I do think leighanne saying she was less popular because of racism is a slight reach, i don’t doubt she’s met racists while in the group and delt with issues but she wasnt a strong singer then, wasn’t dating anyone famous like the other 3. Multiple reasons, also all groups have favourites and ones who are less popular it’s not because people are targeting them, it’s just the way it is!
I don't you get to tell a black woman she's reaching when talking about the racism she faced. It's her lived experience.

Reactions: 29

elliexmae

Chatty Member
Happy for leighanne but do think that’s it for little mix now.
Beyoncé has three children and a career. Madonna has children and a career. Mariah has children and a career. Katy Perry has children and a career. Even The Saturdays had three babies before announcing the disbandment. Assuming that a woman's career is over as soon as she has a baby is so sexist. No one is questioning the future of Andre's career, are they?

Reactions: 28

Boohoo.com

Wow the interview is shocking, she didn’t say one nice thing about them. She apparently didn’t want to talk about her relationship with them (which imo, signifies that they aren’t on good terms). She could have said something like “I wish the girls well, and they have been supportive” or whatever. In the interview she was cutting them down subtly. When speaking about outfits or whatever and how she wasn’t confident, she didn’t even reference them by saying something like “The girls were supportive, they weren’t the issue”. In interviews the girls have done, they spoke very maturely about how if someone is unhappy, you have to support their decision to leave and do what makes them happy.
Sorry I forgot to add, I find it so bitter of her to diss their music, saying she wouldn’t listen to it. She’s just so hot and cold. I seen a clip where she said she loved Black Magic, and then in a lockdown interview she says it’s her least favourite song and she doesn’t like it? She’s a jealous bitch who can’t stand people doing better than her

KINGAA

VIP Member
It deeply bothers me how much Jesy breaks Covid rules, there’s paparazzi of her with her mum today, she was out last night with her friend, Harry was with her the other day and she’s been in and out of studios with multiple people. I have zero respect for her!

jackolantern

VIP Member
That cover man, what a twat. Shes insisting she had no control over when it launches, but even if that’s so, she didn’t have to post about it on her social literal hours after Leighannes announcement. Ever since she’s left the girls have shown such respect for her and referenced her by name whereas they are just “the other girls” to her. Tells you everything you need to know, I bet she was hell to work with and its no surprise they all seem glowing without her.

I don’t think her career will last and I can’t say I have any sympathy for her.

Reactions: 27