Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TheFabFader

VIP Member
Any watchers? I binge-watched over two nights and loved it. I read the book a couple of years ago and, as far as I remember, the tv show is pretty faithful to the Celeste Ng’s novel. Reese Witherspoon is superb as Elena Richardson, one of the main protagonists and the mother from hell and the other characters are portrayed wonderfully too.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Porkiepies

VIP Member
Just watched it all after reading the comments on here. Couldn't fault it at all. Acting from all sides was believable, Reese Witherspoon was perfect as the controlling mother.

Reactions: 5

GossWhore

VIP Member
Just finished and wow! Never read the book so didn't know what to expect but thought it was amazing. Had changing feelings for all the characters through out. When Mia said Elena didn't make good choices, she had good choices wow. Loved it
That scene, it really hit me to the core
Screenshot_20200606-123548_Chrome.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The casting was superb. Kerry Washington always seems to convey palpable, raw emotion and Reese Witherspoon makes the perfect uptight WASP. 🔥🔥🔥

So pleased that Pacey got another acting gig, too! 😂

Reactions: 3
This is on my watch list, I absolutely loved the book so was quite excited to see an advert for it but I’m determined to finish Suits 😂

Reactions: 2

GossWhore

VIP Member
Hi all.

There's a thread for this already
Going to try merge them

Reactions: 1

Greys1324

Chatty Member
Is anyone watching? I’m 4 episodes and loving it! No idea what’s going to happen though.

Pιrικα

Omg i watched it too when it came out!!! Hulu has some amazing miniseries. I loved Reese as elena but i didn't like the woman playing Mia.

Greys1324

Chatty Member
What is it about roughly? I keep seeing it everywhere but don’t have a clue what the story is and cba to google it 😂
It’s basically a drama about two families, but the focus is on the mothers and their different ways of coping/parenting. Themes of race and privilege in it too. It’s really gripping.

Any watchers? I binge-watched over two nights and loved it. I read the book a couple of years ago and, as far as I remember, the tv show is pretty faithful to the Celeste Ng’s novel. Reese Witherspoon is superb as Elena Richardson, one of the main protagonists and the mother from hell and the other characters are portrayed wonderfully too.
I'm OBSESSED.

Funny that you described Elena as the mother from hell. I had a mother more like Mia (made us live a very unstable and nomadic life, relied on us for emotional support, put her needs ahead of everyone else's wellbeing etc) and would have done anything to be able to swap families.

Custard cream

It’s on my to watch list but just haven’t got round to starting it yet. Can’t wait to watch it - read the book last year and loved it!

Diva18

I have finished watching all episodes now. Really enjoyed it. I think there will be a season 2. I just watched The Affair recently. I was very pleased to see Joshua Jackson in this :love: