Lin Manuel miranda

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It feels like he’s been everywhere forever- v talented guy who wrote Hamilton, Encanto, Moana, In the Heights and contributed to various other musical things. I never hear anything but positive things about him, any gossip?! The one thing I can say is I found the video of his wedding number on YouTube a bit cringey as it felt a little like he was making it all about him, but it has millions of views/likes so I know I’m in the minority there!

I'm probably in the minority but I think he is a bit over hyped. He is a talented song writer but a terrible actor, and comes across quite cringe at times but nice enough as a person.

I'm curious/worries to see what he has done to the little mermaid movie.

Reactions: 2
Overexposure - his music is really distinctive with the fast rhymes and having Hamilton, Moana, In the Heights and now Little Mermaid is a lot. He is super talented and will probably EGOT eventually, but it all started sounding the same as Hamilton. Possibly has peaked.

He seems like a nice person. Only seems to act himself.

As a contrast Bobby Lopez is the only double EGOT because of his range of writing.

Reactions: 3
I'm probably in the minority but I think he is a bit over hyped. He is a talented song writer but a terrible actor, and comes across quite cringe at times but nice enough as a person.

I'm curious/worries to see what he has done to the little mermaid movie.
i agree i find his acting/singing quite weak, i watched the Disney+ hamilton and was wondering if someone else could have done the title role better justice as pretty much everyone else in the cast was an amazing triple threat. I loved the songs in Encanto, there wasn't a bad one, but wondering if he can pull it off again with little mermaid (especially as that is my alltime fave disney movie)

A lot of broadway fans admit that although he is brilliant, many actors have played Hamilton much better than him since.

As for Encanto...I've fallen asleep every time I've tried to watch it 🤣

Reactions: 1
i agree i find his acting/singing quite weak, i watched the Disney+ hamilton and was wondering if someone else could have done the title role better justice as pretty much everyone else in the cast was an amazing triple threat. I loved the songs in Encanto, there wasn't a bad one, but wondering if he can pull it off again with little mermaid (especially as that is my alltime fave disney movie)
i’ve been lucky enough to see a few hamiltons over the years and they’ve all been so much better than lin. when he comes in on dear theodosia after leslie odom i’m always like 😬 he is incredibly talented and it’s only a matter of time before he egots but i wonder what (if anything) he’ll do next stage musical wise, or if he’ll just stick to animation and the odd bit of producing (tick tick boom was wonderful imo).

also worth pointing out that he’s not QUITE as popular in puerto rico as he have you believe:

I saw Hamilton in London and that actor was far better. Dear Theodosia on the Broadway album and film version the singing is so weak, especially next to Leslie Odom Jr who was spectacular and deserved all the awards. Wait for it - just incredible.

Couldn’t see his Hamilton winning both Eliza and Anjelica, like Jon Favreau when he cast himself in Chef having both Scarlet Johannson and Sofia Vergara falling over themselves for him.

Reactions: 3
I saw Hamilton in London and that actor was far better. Dear Theodosia on the Broadway album and film version the singing is so weak, especially next to Leslie Odom Jr who was spectacular and deserved all the awards. Wait for it - just incredible.
dear theodosia and hurricane in particular are both wonderful songs that just don’t quite land on the cast recording because of lin imo. he’s a great rapper (obviously) and in the heights was much more within his range, but i think he pushed himself too far vocally with hamilton and couldn’t quite do it. i know it was his project and all but i think i would have stepped aside at that point 🤣

jamael westman (the original london ham) was outstanding.

dear theodosia and hurricane in particular are both wonderful songs that just don’t quite land on the cast recording because of lin imo. he’s a great rapper (obviously) and in the heights was much more within his range, but i think he pushed himself too far vocally with hamilton and couldn’t quite do it. i know it was his project and all but i think i would have stepped aside at that point 🤣

jamael westman (the original london ham) was outstanding.
He was, apologies to that young man for forgetting his name. We missed out on Giles Terera for Burr (midweek matinee) but his alternate was also excellent.

i saw a clip of Lin saying he wished he cast himself as Aaron Burr as he wanted to sing wait for it and the room where it happens, and i was like :censored: can you imagine!! Burr needs to be, like judas in JCS, a standout singer.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Can't help it but I love him. I need a musical theatre hero post-Sondheim and as he was a devotee of Sondheim, as well as being multi-talented, he gets my vote.

Oh I love him so much, he honestly can’t do any wrong in my eyes, he is just magnificent & I’ll probably blindly fan girl follow him forever 😂😂