Le Creuset, pots/pans and cookware advice!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bit of a dumb question 😊 but apart from casseroles what else do you cook in the dishes?
I make curries, soup and even a whole roast chicken in my LC casserole dish. I have a big set that we got as a wedding present 10 years ago and they still look immaculate. The large oval casserole dish is my go to pan. It can be heavy but it's so worth it

Definitely try TK maxx as I've added a few other bits to my collection in there

Reactions: 1
Don’t overlook the up to 30 quid stuff Aldi Lidl etc have in at times it’s not quite the same quality as Le Cruset and the inside may stain a lot quicker but perfectly serviceable for many many years. There really is nothing quite like cast iron for cooking in,whatever pans you get enjoy them.

I have a cast iron skillet from Amazon, I think it was only about £17. They take a bit of extra care (a Google or YouTube search is definitely needed) but last ages and work well. From what I’ve read they also add extra iron to food which is another benefit. 100% recommend investing in one

I have a cast iron skillet from Amazon, I think it was only about £17. They take a bit of extra care (a Google or YouTube search is definitely needed) but last ages and work well. From what I’ve read they also add extra iron to food which is another benefit. 100% recommend investing in one
I really want one of these. You can just wipe it out can’t you instead of washing? Can go in the oven too

I really want one of these. You can just wipe it out can’t you instead of washing? Can go in the oven too
Yes, you’re supposed to keep it ‘seasoned’ with oil, washing causes rust so you just need to remove any food remnants and give it a wipe if need be. It’s really good for transferring things from the hob to the oven too. Can’t think of a downside really!

Le Creuset pans are lovely but heavy especially when full. I have a set of John Lewis own brand pans which I have had for 30+ years and they are still good as new. They were expensive at the time but have paid for themselves several times over in not having to be replaced. The only thing I would do different if I were to buy new ones now would be to choose pans without a long handle as they take up storage space and can't double for hob and oven use as they don't fit in the oven. I also have a couple of pans from Ikea (their more expensive ones) and they too are excellent quality. Whatever you buy, look for a thick, heavy base and don't buy wooden or plastic handles as these are the bits that break or split.

Bit of a dumb question 😊 but apart from casseroles what else do you cook in the dishes?
I have a tiny minimalist kitchen and I have three pans I use for everything- - two Le Creuset casserole dishes in different sizes and a shallow lidded "pretend le creuset" pan that I got from Aldi. I make pasta and rice in them, boil and steam veggies, make sauces, bake bread in them, roast in them, make stews and casseroles, make stock and soups, make risottos. The only things I use are a cast iron frying pan and a cast iron egg pan, plus a roasting tray. They're great and last well. I definitely see a difference in the Aldi pan which is far heavier than the le creuset pans for its size.

Reactions: 2
May I recommend one of these bamboo scrubbers for us with cast iron only a few pounds in an Asian shop or online really work well and last ages .

A24E2C03-E73E-41B1-85A8-CBF921ECD090.jpeg

Reactions: 4
I was watching a Latifs inspired on YouTube yesterday and he said he can taste the difference in his curry when it’s made in a cast iron pot,I know what he means it’s subtle but there. If you like a curry his channel is very informative and he’s an easy watch as he comes over as a really nice guy. He runs a big well known curry house in Stoke so he should know his stuff.

I bought my Le Creuset early seventies,saucepans casserole dishes and gratin dishes,now gratin dishes still look new.Got them in JL.I Love em yes bit heavy but no food burns.