LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I pop Steve on the Alexa usually when I can't sleep, and sometimes catch up on the podcasts, and I think he brings light relief. He's always talking about food! Not good when you're listening at 5am and your belly starts to rumble....

Reactions: 4
I pop Steve on the Alexa usually when I can't sleep, and sometimes catch up on the podcasts, and I think he brings light relief. He's always talking about food! Not good when you're listening at 5am and your belly starts to rumble....
He usually puts me off food tbh ... I'm really not salivating with the thought of mince, beans, cheese and cream :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Seems about the best place to post this.

I do like it when Matt stadlen pops up inserting himself into twitter drama. I wonder how it's helping his career?

Reactions: 1
I'm sure Matt is trying to be some sort of Poundland Piers Morgan.

I used to think he was a diet version James O'Brien but he's heading more towards Piers these days.

Ian Payne really is the pits. Instead of ranting like an eejit about animals in a cargo hold, why not direct that anger at the reported number of planes that left Afghanistan practically empty. Or the governments who created this mess.

“This country worries more about animals than people 🤡” I didn’t know we were a nation of vegans, utter tosh. Would love to have seen him try and last a week in Afghanistan doing what Pen did.

Reactions: 5
We don't seem able to reply to posts on the previous thread so let me just say that I also have heard LBC on old cop shows.

I recall an episode of The Sweeney where Reagan and Carter are staking out an expected armed robbery and then learn it happened elsewhere from LBC on one of their car radios. Douglas Cameron no less if I recall correctly.

Was looking forward to Maajid's weekend comeback but every time I've tried to tune in, it's been Afghanistan only.

Are there are any shows this weekend that will dodge the subject? (except for maybe Nick A).

Shelagh has another week off and they've brought in Julie Etchingham (I think from ITV News) to cover.

Dear old Andy Castle is one of life's fence-sitters.
"What can we do..I don't know"
"Anyone help me out here with this?"
"How do we solve this?"
😁
Elsewhere, a lot of radios, Alexas & tv's are accidentally on all day & tuned into LBC or GBNews.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Was looking forward to Maajid's weekend comeback but every time I've tried to tune in, it's been Afghanistan only.

Are there are any shows this weekend that will dodge the subject? (except for maybe Nick A).

Shelagh has another week off and they've brought in Julie Etchingham (I think from ITV News) to cover.
Nick Abbot must be in a state of near panic. All his attacks on Donald Trump and now we have a President who takes a nap during meetings!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Ian Payne really is the pits. Instead of ranting like an eejit about animals in a cargo hold, why not direct that anger at the reported number of planes that left Afghanistan practically empty. Or the governments who created this mess.

“This country worries more about animals than people 🤡” I didn’t know we were a nation of vegans, utter tosh. Would love to have seen him try and last a week in Afghanistan doing what Pen did.
Yes, he was being exceedingly annoying and unnecessary about this, both yesterday and today.

Does Hayley from Herts come on LBC much? She’s usually on BBC London but I heard her last night after 1am with Clive.

Yes, he was being exceedingly annoying and unnecessary about this, both yesterday and today.
I’m all for listening to counter-views but when they bang on with nonsensical arguments for the entire show 😩 He’s just so belligerent and screens callers who are equally obtuse. Then he was trying to say it was mainly women who were opposing his view 🤦🏼‍♀️

Hi all,
Longtime lurker. I’m a huge fan of Iain Dale but found him a bit fake the other day. We’re all concerned about these poor, innocent people in Afghanistan- the situation is horrific- but he had to keep going on about how HE felt. He kept referring to the fact HE was trying to keep it together, which really doesn’t help anyone, least of all these Afghans.
My father who I am no contact with is a narcissist and if someone else is crying buckets in front of him, he’ll ignore it or not bother to ask what’s wrong. However, if HE is a tad emotional, he’ll be like “Oh don’t mind me and my tear. I’m a real softie, me. I’m trying to stay strong” etc to get attention, and that’s what it reminded me of. Not that I’m saying Iain is the same you understand, but it just hit a nerve with me for a second!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Welcome Youtube Yeti

Steve, Steve, Steve
Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen - "he's a pile of rubbish"
Dick & Angel Strawbridge "lovely, lovely people" - they brought Steve presents when he interviewed them (some linen & a book with 'Steve' stencilled on the cover)

Little deep-fried xmas pudding balls :unsure:
Kerry coketona
A trolley-full of Costco xmas decorations
A wilting Agapanthus....5 hanging baskets in the bin
Roast potatoes done in coconut oil *gurgle*
Cauliflower cheese *slurp*
Costco Executive Membership
Bonnie Langford's still doing it

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Is 4 pm/1600 considered evening now? Eddie Mair said ‘tonight’ just after he came on air. 🧐. He’ll be going up against another Eddie (Nestor) from 13 September for 2 hours. I wonder what the difference in their agendas will be.

Welcome Youtube Yeti

Steve, Steve, Steve
Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen - "he's a pile of rubbish"
Dick & Angel Strawbridge "lovely, lovely people" - they brought Steve presents when he interviewed them (some linen & a book with 'Steve' stencilled on the cover)

Little deep-fried xmas pudding balls :unsure:
Kerry coketona
A trolley-full of Costco xmas decorations
A wilting Agapanthus....5 hanging baskets in the bin
Roast potatoes done in coconut oil *gurgle*
Cauliflower cheese *slurp*
Costco Executive Membership
Bonnie Langford's still doing it
I am a fan of Xmas pudding but deep fried ones sound too much. Nice and warm with some cream or custard though :)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.