Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lipsticktaser

VIP Member
I went to see 1917 last night.
I wasn’t sure what to expect as I’m not really into war films, hub loves them.
It was brilliant. cinematically it was amazing. I was anxious in bits, the casting was awesome (hello Andrew Scott)

deffo worth a watch

Reactions: 1

megsmagoo

VIP Member
The gentlemen, watching this evening and thought it was great, one irritating character but the rest were very good!

charlie hunnam is a babe

• Heart

EyeSpy88

VIP Member
Watched bad boys for life on Friday, was pleasantly surprised how good it was, easy watch and had the good humour of the previous ones 👍🏼

Laur91

VIP Member
Just got back from seeing 1917, thought it was absolutely incredible!

also saw some great trailers for upcoming movies such as Dark Waters, Mulan and Parasite - definitely ones to watch!

LunaArthur

Disney's coco oh my wow i absolutely love this film 10/10
Such a wonderful film! Balled my eyes out the first time I watched it when Miguel sings to Coco! ❤

Watched Angel Has Fallen last night. It was a good mindless bit of entertainment, much the same as the first two. Sometimes my brain can’t cope with anything more!

Fanaff

VIP Member
How about having a general thread to talk about / review the last movie we've seen? I'll use spoiler as to not ruin endings

Knifes Out
I did like it, but it's scored so high on rotten tomatoes, IMDb and meta critic I was expecting it to be alot smarter. It was more like a murder she wrote. Not sure why it's been so praised. But I did like seeing Chris Evans in a chunky knit 😆

I'm not very smart and was distracted throughout, but guessed very early on it was him and from what the old guy said about his family not knowing what are real knives at the start I knew that would be a fake knife. The invisible ink was obvious too. Only lose end I needed explaining was the house keeper,but I had no idea who that was after the reveal so must have missed her parts 😆

7/10
I watched this at the weekend. I liked it, didn’t see any of the plot twists coming which only confirms just how crap I am at being a detective! I never see the twists, when I read Girl On The Train I raved about it to loads of friends and everyone guessed the ending and was shocked I hadn’t! 😂 I felt so stupid

also, unpopular opinion but I loved Cats! My daughter is obsessed with cats (poor deprived kid isn’t allowed one) so we saw the stage show in the summer and had been waiting for the film. Yeah it’s weird, yeah James Cordon is annoying but I love the songs and the dancing, if you look past the weird cat suits!

Yel

Chatty Member
I watched Once Upon A Time in Hollywood on New Years Eve Eve. I liked it for what it was but I’m not a Tarantino fan really and I do genuinely believe if any other director had pitched that script/movie it would’ve got binned BUT Leo/Brad/Margot nailed it and made it worth watching. Last 30 mins was the best by far. 8/10
Last movie i watched also. I thought it was so slow for the first hour, as you say the last 30 mins was the good bit when things came together.

I'd only give it 6.5/10 it's probably my fault as I'm not that knowledgeable on the stories in it. Loved seeing the sets though. I spent half the movie trying to work out who so many of them are.

Laur91

VIP Member
Last movie i watched also. I thought it was so slow for the first hour, as you say the last 30 mins was the good bit when things came together.

I'd only give it 6.5/10 it's probably my fault as I'm not that knowledgeable on the stories in it. Loved seeing the sets though. I spent half the movie trying to work out who so many of them are.
yeah the sets were fantastic I think QT did a good job of transporting you back to old Hollywood but yes it took me a while too, I know a little about the Manson murders but not a huge deal!

Sven

VIP Member
1917 - amazing, fantastic scenes, it looks like it’s filmed in one shot. The only thing was I did guess part of the plot because it was quite obvious.
9/10