Last Film You Watched? #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was this good? I saw it on a list of "underrated" films and wanted to watch it, but the synopsis didn't really speak to my interests.
I enjoyed it, but I like non-action format, meandering, everyday life films, but I agree with a lot of the criticisms I read in IMDb reviews. I didn’t regret the time spent watching at all.

Loving (2016), just because it happened to be on TV. It was brilliant.

Reactions: 1
Land of Bad (2024)
4 special ops soldiers, backed by a drone operator (Russell Crowe) on mission to rescue an asset from terrorists in Philippines, mission goes tits up.
Entertaining action movie.
-free on Amazon Prime-

Reactions: 3
A Family Affair, just had it on in the background while working.

Boring, no chemistry with zac efron and nicole kidman, and their unnatural faces were distracting and jarring the whole time.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have seen a few films.
Memory was really boring ( yet traumatic at the same time) as I felt no connection to the characters, in spite of the great acting. .
The Count of Monte Cristo was long but awesome. Some great acting from some fairly well-known French actors. There was one moment when I wondered who was playing the part of a British journalist/editor, before realising that it was the titular character in one of his many disguises!
Kinds of Kindness just confused me, as well as grossing me out. Was it supposed to be three interconnecting stories or a story within a story within a story. I was soooo bored, it was extremely long and I just did not understand the characters’ motivations.

Kinds of Kindness is three separate stories, only vaguely connected by the character of RMF. Although there are implied connections between the three sections

A Family Affair, just had it on in the background while working.

Boring, no chemistry with zac efron and nicole kidman, and their unnatural faces were distracting and jarring the whole time.
Agree. I’m just watching this now. It’s an easy watch but not very good and Zac and Nicole are not believable at all as a couple.

Hyena Road (2015)
A story about Canadian soldiers in Kandahar, building a road through Taliban country, local warlords, IED's, death & love.
Very good movie, a bit different.