Lack of originality with influencers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else feel that they're all the same? It's so boring. Someone needs to think outside the box lol.
Insta mums: same clothes, same ads, same issues
Home accounts: grey grey grey
Food accounts: all the same meals
So many claim mental health as well and after watching my good friend suffer with severe anxiety for years I don't feel like they're all legit?

Reactions: 6
I understand what you mean about them not being legit with their mental health. There seems to be a lot of ‘feeling anxious’ when it should be ‘feeling nervous’. It’s made me scared to talk about my own mental health story for fear that people will say I’m doing it for attention. So I tend to just brush past that side of things. Props to the ones who have genuinely struggled with mental health but people need to stop self diagnosing and mislabelling their emotions.

Reactions: 2
I understand what you mean as there is a lot of that out there, but perhaps you're following the wrong ones? I follow a lot of home accounts but don't bother with any of the grey ones as they are so dull!

Does anyone else feel that they're all the same? It's so boring. Someone needs to think outside the box lol.
Insta mums: same clothes, same ads, same issues
Home accounts: grey grey grey
Food accounts: all the same meals
So many claim mental health as well and after watching my good friend suffer with severe anxiety for years I don't feel like they're all legit?

My thoughts exactly. Individuality started to phase out about 18-24 months ago when they all started signing to the same Representatives/Agencies.

Reactions: 4
I understand what you mean about them not being legit with their mental health. There seems to be a lot of ‘feeling anxious’ when it should be ‘feeling nervous’. It’s made me scared to talk about my own mental health story for fear that people will say I’m doing it for attention. So I tend to just brush past that side of things. Props to the ones who have genuinely struggled with mental health but people need to stop self diagnosing and mislabelling their emotions.
Agreed!

They all have a grey bed from the luxury bed company 🤣
Haha yes

I understand what you mean as there is a lot of that out there, but perhaps you're following the wrong ones? I follow a lot of home accounts but don't bother with any of the grey ones as they are so dull!
Yes quite possibly need to find some new accounts to follow lol

Yep I agree! It's the same with YouTube, I used to love it back in the day and watched it more than telly, now it's just clothes hauls and daft viral challenge videos everytime I look 😩 There are still a few good ones out there but they're few and far between :( I don't follow any influences on Instagram purely because a lot of them all seem so disingenuous these days.

All i would say is please stop morphing into each other. There are people i hve followed from having a small followingand actually watched as they grew and lost all personality and warmth. Its such a shame. They gain followers for who they are then it gets lost along the way and you realise once you have seen one in any certain feild..you have seen them all!

I guess that happens with lots of stuff though. Everyone catches on to what works and then it becomes a blob of sameness. It does make you appreciate the good ones though.