Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LadyRed

VIP Member
I have a confession to make. For the last few months since I started reading the threads I have not watched any of her flogs, as I got my fix from just reading your commentary on them. But since I am now a somewhat active participant I decided to watch her latest Ruining a Ruin and by this point I feel like we need a KyLIE Bingo night. Place your bets for the next one:

1644535347677.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

NimrodGigante

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking for a few days but felt the need to comment. I just have SO MANY QUESTIONS and DON'T UNDERSTAND what is going on.

So first, I found Kylie's Renovating a Ruin channel a few weeks ago because my Italian partner and I have been thinking about moving back to Italy to start a permaculture lifestyle (more Kiss the Ground, compositing, regenerative agriculture, rebuilding arable soils; less housewife nobility on a Tuscan estate). We got really into the channel for a while because there were a lot of insights about restoring property/bureaucracies that we thought might be helpful. We came late to her content, binging the whole playlist on the Ruins, and so then started looking for more of her videos. That's when we started to realize something was so off. The random inconsistencies, the blatant lies, the obvious filter that she uses, the strange accent/baby voice, the bedroom eyes at the camera to herself ALL THE TIME, the proposal (!! "Are you sure?"), whatever that wedding video was supposed to communicate -- I mean, I don't need to tell you all.

I'm not personally offended because, I mean, why should I be?? I never paid a cent on Patreon, I am not a subscriber, I literally do not care about some random YouTuber... And in at least some of her videos I found some helpful stuff (although definitely rethinking some of the things I thought I had "learned" now). But then why am I so engrossed by the mind boggle of it all? Why is it so bewildering? I mean, who is this person? It seems like the scandalous start to some socialite true crime series that will be appearing on Netflix in the future (not the glorified collab she has been talking about!).

Things personally felt off for me a few episodes in when Guido clearly did not want to be involved in the chicken coop thing and showed no affection and even seemed passive aggressive toward her and it became so obvious that there was little to no love or care between them on a deep level. So at first, I felt bad for her! As I have watched more and read your commentary here, it's become clear that 1) obviously her editing frames him in a certain way, 2) she is way more controlling than she wants to appear in the videos (the whole Guido running thing and the focus on his doctor wanting him to lose 5 kilos and how he can't drink wine is just awful!), 3) the fact that she's practically "taking over" the family estate, making changes, doing random renovations as she pleases -- did she really ruin the floor with the tractor oil???? Lol. Not to mention the invasive filming of every single thing (within the bounds of what she wants seen). We never see Guido's family or friends -- but then again, we never really see anyone but Kylie. Even when her own family visits she barely shows them. Is it everyone's choice to not be filmed by her, or hers to not film them so she can be on camera the whole time herself? Probably both! I feel like the worst is when she's interviewing Egisto and his wife and they are sharing really moving stories about the farmhouse as a refuge to communist miners during World War II (my partner's family has similar stories) and she just mumbles, barely responding at all (ah, sì!), and trivializes the whole thing -- so much lost opportunity for conversations about history/art, not to mention dismissive disrespect.

I understand the narcissistic personality, obviously, as the answer to much of this, but at the same time, I just cannot seem to comprehend what the hell rabbit hole I've tumbled down (by which I mean my general visceral response to the whole thing)? It's so strange because on the one hand I found (early on) some of her videos to be interesting (and I have by no means watched them all!), but then the over romanticization not even of Tuscany but of HERSELF!! It's too much. So so so vain, reporting that she's never worn makeup which is contradicted in an episode a few months earlier in the bathroom reno series by the "bathroom box" she buys FOR her very expensive and expansive (!) makeup collection, not to mention the obvious filters/photoshopping on her face.

I guess my question is: Wtf am I experiencing?!?!? I just don't understand who this person is and why I suddenly have become so engrossed by understanding her narcissistic posturing. 😂😂 Is it simply the phenomenon of celebrity gossip magazines moving to online forums now and into the hands of curious speculators? We can entertain ourselves with sleuthing and speculating (and yes, I agree, this forum is way more entertaining than her videos!) and therefore fill in the gaps of the incomplete stories she tells or debunk the downright lies. That these forums exist is a fascinating development of the reality tv genre alone... But I digress.

If anyone has any insight into this strange experience (I don't hate her, I don't wish her ill, and yet I can't understand what I'm feeling...), I'd love to hear your thoughts!!

Cheers

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hello everyone!

I am a newbie here and so glad to find a space where everyone agrees that Kylie Flavell is Fake AF and a masterful manipulating narcissist!

I eventually caught on to her BS as I noticed people on Instagram getting blocked and comments on youtube being deleted.

Now that I have read her tattle life bio, it all makes sense now. She is indeed FAKE AF and not 30 but 40, wow! Her deep laugh lines and aged hands are not of a 30 year old for sure. And I cannot believe that despite her raking in a min of 75,000 € pre tax from Google ad revenue and patron $ and not paying for housing renting costs anymore, she still begs for money!

I just want to know who the suckers on patreon are to still believe she is in dire need of funds to produce zero overhead cost slogs as you call them. However I did notice 100 plus stopped donating on patreon. The mere BS that she clocks in 70 hours a week for less than 10 min videos is just mind boggling of how her sick AF and deluded followers actually believe her!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

emm

VIP Member
With her attention-seeking behavior, I suspected it started at a young age and googled "Kylie Flavell Australia" and found the belt girl byline on Page 4 of Google.

It's bizarre behavior that she would "try" to take 20-25% off her age when video evidence is readily available with her NAME on it. There is no production company that is going to hire a 14 year old to be an "object" in a bar with beer in the background... especially in 2005. She's clearly ~10 years older than her professed 1991 birth year.

This is narc behavior - lying blatantly in her made-up delusional world. I have no doubt she would try to "explain" the video away gaslighting her audience with spun up nonsense.
judging by the fact that parts of her sudiebce cannot distinguish between a quarter ane half a million i dont think she needs to be overly worried about them figuring out her age 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This Friday's slog was total cringe!!!!

As usual KyLIE begging for money and mentioning costs of needless renovations like if it is the responsibilty of her audience to pay for their house experiments and like if it was her viewers' choice for the land rich Gweed's not to sell one of their properties to fund their renovations!

Kylie Flavell is a low class peasant and it started back when she made an entire video mentioning of how expensive and time consuming it was to send hundreds of Christmas cards abroad for her patrons. I have never witnessed another you-tuber complain or mention costs about sending thank you cards to their patrons. Also most you-tubers thank both their non patrons amd patrons for supporting their work whereas KyLIE just "thanks her patrons for making it possible to produce" her zero pre-planned and zero overhead cost slogs.

It would not shock me that KyLIE paid a good sum to buy more subscribers recently as evidently her subscriber number and views went up as soon as there was a patreon exodus.

I have never come across such a self entitled, calculating, passive aggressive youtuber snark like KyLIE. Not only does she control the insta and youtube narrative by deleting comments but as of yesterday one can't see previews by fast forwarding her videos as am sure the majority of her audience skip through her cringeworthy monologues of her affected English accent.

Lastly, as the patreon exodus continues her comments to her patrons in the last 3 slogs are also cringe! Yesterday for her to say she does not know how to better manage her time so that she can write to them all is hilarious! In 365 days she can't manage to write 2 to 3 msgs daily to cover all her patrons?!

KyLIE could start with not spending so much time in front of the mirror and camera to figure out the best lighting and angle for displaying her inflated fake boobs, midriff, etc and attempt to hide her deep laugh lines of a true 40 year old.

I assume the new patreons saw the disaster of the bathroom and felt they had to help her out so she could afford better 😂😂😂
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The pause on funds for the Flavell Finance might be the contributing factor to the weirdness people have detecting in the tone and slackness of the slogs of late . I’m imagining the Purse 👛 has reached the end of the honeymoon period /love bomb phase and what was once cute is now awkward as he grapples with his own conservatism and KF somewhat oscillation between extreme of radical alternatives and stitched up stiff backed haughty ho -ishness.
I bet he cracked the 💩 s when they found out about the 🇮🇹 about face … K would , should be feeling the pressure of responsibility right about now. Will she face it or turn to more Dysney style distractions ….or perhaps a health scare to up the anti on drama and bring the focus back to her? Don’t think there is much room left for another project .
I bet they finally had their first official finances talk as a fake married couple as they started the renovations because it was obviously KyLIE's idea to do so. Now she is feeling the heat so she is begging for her patrons to continue donating money and to increase their amounts.

Wtf "renovates" a bathroom that was in perfect condition then mentions how they had to pass on buying some low cost items needed because it was out of their budget while they are no longer paying living costs like monthly rent, utilities,food, etc?! She is a greedy low class peasant.

“Not just twiddling our thumbs…”

Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Gweed

View attachment 1056595

View attachment 1056596

View attachment 1056597

Guess who just found out that there’s no free money in Italy !
Total cringe scene!

The tone was like if it was KyLIE's viewers' and patrons' decision to start the renovations and their unconditional duty to cough up the funds owed to the filthy land rich Italian blue blood.

I have to admit I couldn't make it to the end, maybe it picked up in th elast 5 minutes? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Nope, all down hill! 😂

Am surprised KyLIE wore a "soulless" NIKE sweater in this slog and rode on the back of a "soulless" (out of their budget) BMW motorcycle in last week's slog.

Guido Purse has...."tiniest garden tools and a children’s spade"
/QUOTE]
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I think Belt Girl is her. Looks just like her photo for that dodgy rag she was working for around that time.

View attachment 1052637

She has done another story on IG today...once again opening a window and we see the same boring landscape as always. I suppose it still draws the Tuscan obsessed or anyone in a snowy place right now, but how repetitive! Get off the estate, Kylie. She can have a walk around Florence or Grosseto, that is if someone gives her a lift. 🙄
KyLIE is just lazy, the kind of lazy trait she said she disliked in people in her newlywed vlgame video.

Just look at Sara and Luca from Leave Everything and Wonder. Those two do not take their yoirube subscribers/viewers and patrons for granted. They work so hard. They go out of their way to produce content even now when Sara has a high risk pregnancy and most recently, both were hit with covid.

Even at their lowest, they have never missed posting a Sunday vlog or complained about their choice of being full time youtubers or been passive aggressive towards their followers like KyLIE religiously does.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Antonio

Looks like they went down to the sea yesterday. Are the parents really leaving? Lol. At least they pulled Gweeds (ha) out for a walk, no run required.
They finally all left the Magliano compound on a day “trip” together to the Tuscan coast instead of leaving Ma and Pa behind to slave away on the GGT property while Kylie and the Purse disport themselves from Portofino to Pavia @Denise0211 🤦🏼‍♂️ She’s given her parents the afternoon off from their shackles just as they are leaving, small reward for hard labour and a few plant-based crumbs from Guido’s table...

I love how Kylie has “77 years old“ plastered over a picture of her dad hiking as if it’s some kind of miracle🙄 Meanwhile she has been making him lug ten-tonne terracotta pots and load wheelbarrow loads of bricks and stone...
D7983C60-1FA3-49D5-AC9B-5E5CDEF31BE7.jpeg

829B234B-EB8E-47D2-BAED-DAF3D4CB6EA4.jpeg

• Haha

Antonio

Looks like it’s time to start a new thread, number #9! Thanks everyone who has participated, it has been more amusing than Kylie’s slogs and kept us entertained during the interminable cooking, chopping wood, stencilling, cleaning (ruining) of floors, pretending to renovate, trying to renovate Guido etc etc and watching Ma and Pa Flavell earn their keep on the “farm” with hard labour, from making useless cupboards to lugging enormous stoneware pots and hacking away at weeds in the garden...🍸🥂🍾🍻🍺🍷🍹🥃 (with no celebration or alcohol consumed under the watch of Madam Temperance).

@emm could you start the new thread with the title by @Alessandro : "Kylie tries to hide her bludge but her 70-hour work week is a total fudge."

• Haha
  • Heart

BimbaA

Hi everyone!

Did you now that there was a continuation to the exchange I recently had with Kylie (as you surely remember)? Sorry for the belated apperance here, I work 70+ hours ( I really do).

Her answer had surprised me as well -- I thought she had graduated from an infantile bimba to a more mature professional who can handle a range of comments) and below is what I replied, defending Guido (I retained a copy of it since I predicted that it would be gone before you know it). I wrote it during the night (CET) and when I last checked at 8:40 a.m., it was STILL on. It must have disappeared some time thereafter. Apparently she could not cope (again).

I thought I'd join as I have been following this forum for some time. I wanted to add certain things that have not been mentioned (will do so later). Though I do not know Kylie in person, I think I can relate to her in some way (more about that later). That said, I am not particularly fond of social media and never post on forums. This one is an exception because I think the people here are highly educated and post in good taste. And it is always a linguistic treat, so I enjoy that a lot!! I will close this introductory post here and wish you all good entertainment!

MY REPLY:
"Is this answer for real, K? (LOL, you just made my night -- I also work 70+ hours) Are you saying your husband is lazy? He wakes up at 11 am, does not contribute financially for the works, does not exercise, procrastinates, is grumpy, bibulous, does not have "all the right lines". I thought he was the one who went to university, actually did well in his studies, and now pursues a career as an accountant. Did I misunderstand yet again? I thought his expression—after a split second of shock—was sarcastic and mildly condescending (probably a reflex to your hyper-enthusiasm on cam). But endearing, nothing evil in that. Incidentally, I never doubted your pragmatism (inter alia, filming the renos=documenting
32.png
), it is the other mentioned trait that I have been less sure about lately. Don't mind my saying, but It would suit you if you were a bit more genuine on camera, less "forcedly cinematic". Perhaps more like your parents -- lovely people. They seem to really have a harmonious union. Have you ever considered that their marriage was so successful because they were not tied down to a property, to land? I know you crave having a real home where you can grow some roots because you were a "free bird" growing up on a boat (if I understood it correctly), but you should know that old property, exactly like G's, can be a huge psychological burden. Now it excites you, this concept is new to you and you still have enough energy, but down the road it may become less grand. Just something to consider. Have a relaxing weekend!"

Not that I always say "on cam(era)" as a disclaimer since I do not know her in person.
If I were in her shoes, I would have replied: "Happy I could entertain! Your comments and suggestions are duly noted." That would her effectively put a stop to any further debate.

• Heart
  • Wow

Denise0211

VIP Member
I think Belt Girl is her. Looks just like her photo for that dodgy rag she was working for around that time.

IMG_20220210_131128.jpg

She has done another story on IG today...once again opening a window and we see the same boring landscape as always. I suppose it still draws the Tuscan obsessed or anyone in a snowy place right now, but how repetitive! Get off the estate, Kylie. She can have a walk around Florence or Grosseto, that is if someone gives her a lift. 🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha

Jerry

VIP Member
We’re rehashing old ground here. To me, it’s not hard to understand; a landlady matches them up, Speedo, a dreary accountant is instantly smitten with a party girl showing an interest. His family is, as many in Italy are, with lots of land and little cash, desperate. KyLIE provides access to promises of funding. How many ventures has she started and never finished; all of them. Guido represents status; something K never ceases to fling herself at, midriff and all, desperate as well. Remember, she’s a narcissist and attempting to make sense and logic of her behaviour is simply futile. Logic doesn’t apply. She morphs into whatever shape serves her best and everyone else is carried along, collateral damage, wondering why.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She worked as a translator? She capitalised gennaio and maggio. The only useful phrase here for her subs imo is "siamo in pensione" ;)

• Haha

Lucy borgia

Hello everyone!

I am a newbie here and so glad to find a space where everyone agrees that Kylie Flavell is Fake AF and a masterful manipulating narcissist!

I eventually caught on to her BS as I noticed people on Instagram getting blocked and comments on youtube being deleted.

Now that I have read her tattle life bio, it all makes sense now. She is indeed FAKE AF and not 30 but 40, wow! Her deep laugh lines and aged hands are not of a 30 year old for sure. And I cannot believe that despite her raking in a min of 75,000 € pre tax from Google ad revenue and patron $ and not paying for housing renting costs anymore, she still begs for money!

I just want to know who the suckers on patreon are to still believe she is in dire need of funds to produce zero overhead cost slogs as you call them. However I did notice 100 plus stopped donating on patreon. The mere BS that she clocks in 70 hours a week for less than 10 min videos is just mind boggling of how her sick AF and deluded followers actually believe her!
Im new in commenting although I've been following this group for a few months now and am totally disgusted with her not so subtle digs at Guido and Italy and the italians! I myself am living in Italy with my Italian partner and although I may not be happy or in agreement with everything that that entails I chose to live and work here, not everything is sunshine and roses in the UK either. I personally only watch her vlogs adesso to hear what accent she is using or how she manages to always get a midriff shot into the vlog! I'd love for the 'body language' doc to analyse her. 😄

• Haha
  • Heart

emm

VIP Member
And just when I thought her slogs couldn't get more lazy. I got a few minutes in and gave up, is the cheap 90s high school power point aesthetic what takes up the 70 hours of her work week? Also the phrases seem totally random, what is the use of saying "had you studied italian before?" when you wouldn't be able to understand any meaningful answer?
Also her assertion that Italians have no idea how their language works as they have learned it "naturally" ?! I would say of all countries Italy is probably one of those where people are much more aware of their language/grammar etc, certainly more so than in any English speaking country. And don't even get me started on the implication that an Italian teacher won't be useful to teach you :rolleyes: I cannot imagine anyone with any common sense finding this useful, do most people assume that all languages work in the same way so you should be able to just translate directly?
I also love that Guido only seems to appear on screen now either with wine or just coming across badly, like in that log episode :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart

Okiedoke

Please forgive me for going back over old ground here!

there is one angle of the faux wedding story that has always confused me. It has been said that the priest would not perform the ceremony as he realized it would be filmed for a commercial purpose (wedding venue promo).

however, we know that K was missing whatever original document she needed to register the marriage legally.

does anyone know how common it is for catholic priests to perform purely ceremonial weddings? I would think that Catholic leadership would not allow this. It fully delegitimizes all Catholic weddings for this priest to stand in front of the public and say “I now pronounce you husband and wife” etc, meanwhile the papers and legal prerequisites are not in order.
Hi 😊,

Catholic here and also getting married in Italy in May.

It would be very rare for a priest to give a blessing like that. It normally would have to fall under special reasons to be given.

Personally I have had to apply to my own embassy to obtain my Nulla Osta (letters of freedom) to prove I have not been married before. I have also had to give my parish priest my Baptism Cert and Confirmation cert to prove I have had all the catholic rights up to this point. Both certificates also have to signed withen 6 months of the marraige. So I had to send off to my original country and wait for them to send back here.

Now we are waiting for the marraige banns to go out.

It is not something that you can do in the space of a 2/3 months at least that is what I have found with all the paperwork I have had to do.

emm

VIP Member
New thread! cannot believe we are on number 8 for how boring her channel is, but here we are!

Thanks again @Alessandro for the title (I had to shorten it slightly)
Recap:
All I can think of is that she is ruining the house step by step
-awful bathroom "rennovation" which looks worse than before, horrible stencils on the walls and all of the walls and floor the same colour
-She is starting to paint Guido in a very bad light, lots of passive aggressive digs about him not joining her for runs etc. Seems that she is clearly doing this so that her fans critcise him, but who knows. Case in point: she fell off a log and Guido didn't help her up, leading to her fans to be very criticial of him in the comments, all of which were left up
-Her parents are leaving soon, so there goes her free manual labour
-Latest slog she is again begging for money to buy whatever new tech she has broken, ridiculous

I have clearly missed out loads so add anything (everything!) I have missed!

• Heart

Denise0211

VIP Member
Hi 😊,

Catholic here and also getting married in Italy in May.

It would be very rare for a priest to give a blessing like that. It normally would have to fall under special reasons to be given.

Personally I have had to apply to my own embassy to obtain my Nulla Osta (letters of freedom) to prove I have not been married before. I have also had to give my parish priest my Baptism Cert and Confirmation cert to prove I have had all the catholic rights up to this point. Both certificates also have to signed withen 6 months of the marraige. So I had to send off to my original country and wait for them to send back here.

Now we are waiting for the marraige banns to go out.

It is not something that you can do in the space of a 2/3 months at least that is what I have found with all the paperwork I have had to do.
Thanks for joining the discussion! 😊 May is my favourite month, congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Yes, definitely not something to plan so rapidly, especially as a foreigner, but also it was at the height of a global pandemic.

Spirit of place

VIP Member
Just spying on this thread under the table as I'm officially out to dinner - what is it? A recipe for chicken soup? How can it be? A staple of Jewish cuisine - there must be hundreds of utube demos out there. Maybe I haven't got this right. Another thing, these dishes she seems to prepare for phantomatic dinner parties so killing 2 birds with one stone 😜?

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
@VeeJayBee I wouldn't doubt it!

So I guess that shot of him and his pasta e vino was a last hurrah. Lol. Wasn't he supposedly quitting alcohol before? I could have sworn it was mentioned in one of her slogs not that long ago.

Also, I wonder if we will start seeing vegetable garden content. 🥱

View attachment 1104200
just what we alll want to see, her lugging around plants as she alludes to the fact that she is doing this all alone, in addition to ehr 70 hour editing week, because guido dates to stay in bed past 7 am :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

aLieParallel

I wouldn’t be surprised if Gweeds’ parents were pushing for him to marry for a long time. I’m sure early on, the relationship was probably fun. K is a beautiful woman, with an interesting life story and her success is self-made.

Just as many of us start out as her followers, not seeing the cracks in her veneer, I assume much the same happened to Guido.

Besides that, I feel I know so little of Gweeds that it is hard to speculate further.

As others are pointing out, it’s hard to imagine this lifestyle of regular and prolonged separation working out long term. I think K might be thinking along the same lines. She is certainly happy to throw him under the bus, intentionally and repeatedly.

I think K believed she would retire from YouTube by this point in her life. Or, marry rich enough that she’d put out a vlog extremely rarely to showcase their lifestyle and travel.

Instead, she settled for someone cash-poor and land-rich. In order for her to enjoy the perks (beautiful Tuscan country home), G needs to work in Florence and K needs to begrudgingly continue to halfass an online presence.

I think she clearly has regrets and resents that Gweeds isn’t rich enough to ride off into the sunset with her.

LadyRed

VIP Member
Did anyone else note what is arguably her most passive aggressive comment / dig at Guido yet?

In the closing moments of "RENOVATING A RUIN: Chicken Coop Cottage Update & a New Project with Stone Pigsties" at 26:04 while talking about how busy she is, Kylie laughs to herself and says "[h]e's [Guido] not awake for as many hours as me".

Oh yes, this did not go unnoticed. Together with how she can't write postcards to her patreons because Guido does not help her with making videos unlike some other Youtube couples who "come up with ideas together". Conveniently ignoring the fact Guido has a day job and never signed up to be a Youtuber.

• Heart
  • Haha